FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MAURICE MALPAS WANTS THE JOB SUNDAY MAIL

Dargo20

I've been looking for this evidence that Mo wants the job, and there really isn't any.  It just seems to just be an option for him if he doesn't get a job at Hibs.

Some quotes from Mo yesterday.

"What happens if Hibs don't want me?"

Asked if he would interested in becoming ICT manager: "Possibly. I have not really thought too much about it, I have been waiting to see what decisions are made elsewhere. I enjoy coaching, I am happiest when I am on the training ground. That was the one thing I missed when I was managing."

These aren't the words of someone who seems keen to be ICT manager. All he has said is that he isn't ruling it out.

have to agree about Malpas. I am sure if we went short term until the end of the season it would be fine but im not sure when it comes to running the club and progressing us on. He knows the system and the players but what will he be like come any of the windows with bringing in new players, tactically if plan A isnt working. Im not sure but i would love him to remain part of the club if he doesn't want to join his great pal at Easter Road where dreams become nightmares

I reckon MM is a better tactician than TB.  SM (remember Steve, nobody on hibs.net knows your name) can pick out a player from four pitches away, and knows a bit about tactics too.  TB has certain qualities that are unique to him, but I believe that these will mostly affect us in relation to recruitment.  Much as I appreciate what he did for us, I'm gutted, but not at all worried for the future.

Guest Mahonio

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/442292/Terry-Butcher-s-finally-making-his-move.

An interesting quote taken from that article "It is, however, unlikely that former Motherwell boss Malpas would remain, even if he was offered the job".

That seems to be the opposite of what The Record say and one to which i agree with unfortunately.

Edited by Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I've been looking for this evidence that Mo wants the job, and there really isn't any.  It just seems to just be an option for him if he doesn't get a job at Hibs.

Some quotes from Mo yesterday.

"What happens if Hibs don't want me?"

Asked if he would interested in becoming ICT manager: "Possibly. I have not really thought too much about it, I have been waiting to see what decisions are made elsewhere. I enjoy coaching, I am happiest when I am on the training ground. That was the one thing I missed when I was managing."

These aren't the words of someone who seems keen to be ICT manager. All he has said is that he isn't ruling it out.

Thats impression i am getting to,as i've said all along, i reckon he'll be at Hibs by this time despite what is being said in Record, my above link proves my point, especially the sentence that i quoted which read "t is, however, unlikely that former Motherwell boss Malpas would remain, even if he was offered the job"., in fact, that sentence probably backs you up more than me.

By this time tomorrow we will be managerless and assistant managerless, with Kenny beginning search for a replacement, talking of which "GUS MCPHERSON and BILLY REID", please, please, please, please NO!!

Edited by Mahonio

I'm afraid Malpas is NOT the answer, as an assistant he's fine but no way should he be risked as the successor

You only have to look at what he did with Motherwell in his short spell in charge there to see that the guy can't cut it as the main man

With the club sitting where it is at present as the second best club in Scotland I would have thought there would be some pretty big names filling in applications when the post becomes vacant

Its vitally important we get the right guy in for the club to keep progressing so its laughable that some people think that Malpas or Christie should take the reigns

Dougal

That was six years ago. You don't think it is possible that Malpas has improved over the years, picked up some additional experience over time so he wouldn't make the same mistakes again?

• Agree 2

I'm afraid Malpas is NOT the answer, as an assistant he's fine but no way should he be risked as the successor

You only have to look at what he did with Motherwell in his short spell in charge there to see that the guy can't cut it as the main man

With the club sitting where it is at present as the second best club in Scotland I would have thought there would be some pretty big names filling in applications when the post becomes vacant

Its vitally important we get the right guy in for the club to keep progressing so its laughable that some people think that Malpas or Christie should take the reigns

Dougal

That was six years ago. You don't think it is possible that Malpas has improved over the years, picked up some additional experience over time so he wouldn't make the same mistakes again? im with rig on this.

I want malpas and marsella at this club and if you could add a bit of foran and wee john robbo, dream team.!

Edited by ferben1994

The quotes from Malpas on Saturday didn't give any impression that he'd be interested in the job as manager here - the "decision" he might or might not have to make was quite clearly regarding Hibs. However, from ICT's perspective, the continuity he and SM would privide is attractive. The fact that it would sabotage the Butcher/Hibs plot is a massive bonus!

If Malpas wanted to stay, How about offering the player managers role to Richie Foran. Mo is the coach, Foran the tactician and motivator. I would be very happy with that, and I dont think Mo would be disappointed, as he is happiest on the training pitch with the players

• Agree 1

If Malpas wanted to stay, How about offering the player managers role to Richie Foran. Mo is the coach, Foran the tactician and motivator. I would be very happy with that, and I dont think Mo would be disappointed, as he is happiest on the training pitch with the players

Exactly what I was thinking too. Also another nail in the Butcher/Hibs coffin, as Foran to Hibs would be out of the question.

Some have stated MM has a poor managerial record, but remember TB's wasn't great before he came to us. Offering MM the manager's role until January with a vue to making it permanent depending on performance works for me. If it is not working out we can bring in a new manager then, with perhaps a better choice out there.

I would like to see Foran getting a player/coach role but would prefer SM or CC as assistant to MM. At the end of the season it can all be re-evaluated and Foran can step up especially if SM leaves as some has indicated he might.

Mo is staying. Butcher has Kenny Miller lined up as his new number 2 at hibs :amazed:

Source: Me. I just made that up right now. Cheeky Fecker!

you had me fooled for the entire time I was reading your post. I think that would be an alright partnership for hibs.

If Mo wants the job then he should be given that chance IMHO. What happened at Motherwell when TB left is as irrelevant as TB's own record at Sydney and Brentford were when we hired him for ICT. Time, circumstances and experience have all changed since then and it would be foolish to assume that Malpas has not learned or picked up a few things during the intervening years.

Having said that, the quotes over the weekend dont make it sound like he wants the top job? seems happier on the training ground as opposed to the big chair so if thats his choice then so be it.

For me, Marsella is surprisingly important in this and out of all of the backroom team, it is his stock that has risen the most in the last week. Largely unknown - to all but ICT fans - until recently, he now seems to be 'Chief Scout Extraordinaire' in quite a few articles, and dubbed as a man who can spot talent from a distance and pass them to his coaches and manager to polish up the rough edges. I would like us to try and hold onto him regardless of what happens with TB and MM .... but i fear we will lose him to Hibs or perhaps - as suggested in a couple of articles over the last week - to someone else 'bigger'.