FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dods leaving in the summer

kencar

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Suspicious Mind

GK then CH lets hope that the trio isn't completed by the CF!

Dods owes the club a great deal for resurrecting his career after a difficult time but equally, we owe the big man for tremendous service in his stint with ICT. Sure his bank balance will benefit.

Only sadness is he's off to the Grocer! Personally, I wish him success but hope his team benefits from his first division experience in the not too distant future :cheesy01:

I suppose as long as the contract remained unsigned there was a bit of hope he could change his mind.  I do wish him well and agree that I wish he was going somewhere other than Utd.

Its a shame, but I think his mind was made up long ago. I wish him well (except against us).

As has been said earlier in this thread (and in others), ICT did a lot to resurrect Dods' career as he previously had a reputation as anything but a solid defender, for making defensive blunders, and for scoring own goals etc.

While ICT can perhaps be credited in some way with a turnaround in his fortunes, it has been a two-way street and we have benefited hugely from the fact that he has been so immense for us so i guess the books balance in that regard.

Just been watching C#unty Tyrone with North Tonight's "exclusive" coverage of this major story.... They make out like this is somekind of major feckin' coup for United.... They've "been watching him for a while" .... etc, etc.....

What a load of feckin' bollox...... The way they break these "exclusive" stories really p1sses me off.....

The whole feckin world and his dog knows that, for family reasons, Dods wanted to get back nearer the central belt..... Ah well... he's got his feckin wish now.... I'm sure he'll continue to give his all for the remainder of his time here....I just hope the Highland curse doesn't catch up with him next season...... :018: :017: :018:

Dods should be dropped for any game against Dundee United.

Totally agree Rig.

These pre-contracts are a bit weird. I'm not for one second saying someone like Dods will be anything but 100% professional until the end of the season, but....

We're playing Utd in the Cup in two weeks. Who's to say Dods thinking doesn't go along the lines of 'Hmmmmmmm, if we put Utd out, bang goes any chance I've got of European football next season. But, if they were to go through..... :023: :023: :023:'

This goes for all pre-contract signings, not specifically Dods. In some cases, no matter the supposed professionalism line, there must be a conflict of interests.

Dods should be dropped for any game against Dundee United.

This goes for all pre-contract signings, not specifically Dods. In some cases, no matter the supposed professionalism line, there must be a conflict of interests.

Spot on there, DavieB.... :022:

Really not too bothered about Dods leaving... he wasn't particularly brilliant when he joined us, alright, he's had a couple good seasons here but he's been surrounded by solid defenders and a top notch keeper.

I'd be more worried if Munro or Hastings left to be honest.

As for conflict of interest, absolutely. McCaffrey has to play in the cup game and if he does well, keep his place. An ideal opportunity for Charlie to prepare for next season and have a valid excuse for dropping Dods. Opportunities have to be given to those guys who are staying.

What do we gain from keeping him in the team?

On the other hand what's the point in keeping him if we aren't going to play him.  We would have got money for him if we let him go now.  The games against Utd aside I think he'll keep his place, but Caff does have to feature to get him up to speed.

I remember the gloom when Bobby indicated his desire to go to Dundee. I witness an element of gloom with Dods heading to Dundee United. Two great captains.

I agree that Hastings and Munro and indeed Rossco make up great defenders. I see Stuart more as a man marker or sweeper and therefore a strong man at the back has to be on CC'S shopping list. That person may not be recruited until late May when we may get a chance to take someone from a non promoted or relegated team or just someone out of contract.

We can expect changes in personnel but these will be limited and may well freshen up a good bunch of lads. A place in the Intertoto might attract a player or two even for two years in the shop window.

"Who's to say Dods thinking doesn't go along the lines of 'Hmmmmmmm, if we put Utd out, bang goes any chance I've got of European football next season. "

Do you really think he was thinking about Europe when he signed for Dundee United, FFS it's Dundee United, they have no chance of getting to Europe not even for their holidays.

Dods leaving is no real bother, what the club has got to do is get the right keeper, get a keeper who can dominate his area make the class save when called upon (not just a shot stopper plenty of them around) get amongst his defenders talk to them gee them up generally take control, he will make a good defence very good. Hopefully Fraser can come in and feel this role, if not the right man has got to be found.

[quote author=ICT_Away link=topic=2869.msg41541#msg41541 date=11696290

Do you really think he was thinking about Europe when he signed for Dundee United, FFS it's Dundee United, they have no chance of getting to Europe not even for their holidays.

There was the same debate when Dods said he wanted to leave at the start of the season.

After a couple of shaky performances he's been pretty solid.

Don't see any problem with him continuing for the rest of the season myself.

Some of you are starting to sound like OF fans with your paranoid conspiracy theories  :016:

davieB if you think about it Dodds doesnt have anything to gain by hacking down Robson. Hes with ICT until the end of the season and therefore stands to gain from any progress they make in the cup and wont lose out from DU going out.

I also think hes proffessional enough to do the job hes paid for.

Perhaps the more likely sceneario is that in the situation you describe he would perhaps be wary of the stick hed get from ICT fans if he gave away the penalty, shy off the tackle perhaps letting Robson through to score.

I just cannot believe CC would contemplate playing someone who has committed to another club in the same division. Dods is now history and we must prepare for the future starting with our game against Celtic. Caff is totally capable of taking over, a different type of player yes but he has given this club a lot more than Dods and more importantly, is committed to us! Get whatever we can for Dods now or just give him training facilities for the rest of the season.

At the start of the season I (and plenty others) thought he should be dropped when the 'moving to Dundee to be with CB' saga reared its ugly head. Apart from a couple of rocky games he proved me and everyone else wrong by being consistent, professional and as solid as ever.

Now that he has signed a pre-contract with the Arabs, I dont see any reason to think he would be anything other than professional in his final games for ICT although I must admit to being in two minds whether he should play against United as there could be accusations levelled against him if the games didnt go as expected. Guess we will have to leave it to Charlie to figure out.