Nigel Quashie (West Ham United)

Scott Severin (Aberdeen)

Gary Teale (Derby County)

Forwards

Kris Boyd (Rangers)

James McFadden (Everton)

Kenny Miller (Celtic)

Steven Thompson (Cardiff City)

Poor ol' Mark...nevermind MB, at least you're earning mega bucks now by warming the bench and watching Scotland on the TV. The more you stay on the bench the more rusty you will become.

I would personally rate Brown higher than all the keepers bar Gordon and to be fair he has had an extremely poor season also... just goes to show what happens when you leave ICT :014:

Rubbish squad though.. I'm glad Hughes is back in as he has been one of the man reasons Pompey have done so well this season.  Whittaker should have been a shoe-in IMO

Thompson had done alright for Cardiff earlier in the season but has been extremely poor over the last 2-3 months

Same extremely old defence... this is Scotland's future everyone :012:

Just shows what an impact playing regularly has on squad picks.

Marshall has gone straight into the No1 spot at Norwich knocking Gallacher to the bench - but Gallacher gets the nod for the squad as he's been playing regularly while Marshall has been warming a bench all season  :017:

Doesnt even get into the 'B' Squad ......

'A' Squad

McLeish has called up 30 players to attend a team gathering in Ayrshire next week. With no game attached to the gathering, there is the opportunity to include players who are currently injured as well as three - Pressley, Fletcher and McFadden - who are suspended for Scotland's next Euro qualifier at home to Georgia on 24 March. The team meet up on Sunday evening and will have two days together at Turnberry Hotel, with a series of training sessions and meetings to plan the way ahead.

Goalkeepers

Neil Alexander (Cardiff City)

Paul Gallacher (Norwich City)

Craig Gordon (Heart of Midlothian)

Allan McGregor (Rangers)

Defenders

Graham Alexander (Preston North End)

Russell Anderson (Aberdeen)

Gary Caldwell (Celtic)

Steven Caldwell (Sunderland)

Christian Dailly (West Ham United)

Stephen McManus (Celtic)

Kevin McNaughton (Cardiff City)

Graeme Murty (Reading)

Gary Naysmith (Everton)

Robbie Neilson (Heart of Midlothian)

Steven Pressley (Celtic)

Andy Webster (Wigan Athletic/Rangers)

David Weir (Rangers)

Midfield

Barry Ferguson (Rangers)

Darren Fletcher (Manchester United)

Paul Hartley (Heart of Midlothian)

Richard Hughes (Portsmouth)

Lee McCulloch (Wigan Athletic)

Ian Murray (Rangers)

Nigel Quashie (West Ham United)

Scott Severin (Aberdeen)

Gary Teale (Derby County)

Forwards

Kris Boyd (Rangers)

James McFadden (Everton)

Kenny Miller (Celtic)

Steven Thompson (Cardiff City)

'B' Squad

Scotland B meet Finland B on Wednesday 7 February in the Tennent's B International at Rugby Park, Kilmarnock. Kick-off is 7.45 pm and admission is just £5 for adults, £2 concessions. The match is aimed primarily at players on the fringe of the A squad, as a stepping stone between the Under 21 level and full internationals.

Goalkeepers

Paul Gallacher (Norwich City)

Allan McGregor (Rangers)

Defenders

Christophe Berra (Heart of Midlothian)

Kirk Broadfoot (St Mirren)

Gordon Greer (Kilmarnock)

Jay McEveley (Derby County)

Steven Whittaker (Hibernian)

Midfield

Charlie Adam (Rangers)

Scott Brown (Hibernian)

Chris Clark (Aberdeen)

Stephen Pearson (Derby County)

Michael Stewart (Hibernian)

Kevin Thomson (Hibernian)

Forwards

Craig Beattie (Celtic)

Alan Gow (Falkirk)

Shaun Maloney (Celtic)

Darren Mackie (Aberdeen)

Derek Riordan (Celtic)

You can hardly blame Mark for moving, rumour has it £6000 a week Plus £72,000 signing on fee, diffucult to refuse even though he knew what was to come.   

No one is blaming Mark for moving for the money side of things. It's the fact that he has most likely brought any chance of playing for Scotland to a halt by moving to play second fiddle to Boruc.

That will probably be the outcome RIG, but who knows what may happen if he gets his chance and as Mark said himself he has his goals, excuse the pun.

Personally I don't think Mark is the finished article as a goalie and struck me as being somewhat nervous at times, although he is a fabulous shot stopper. 

Personally I don't think Mark is the finished article as a goalie and struck me as being somewhat nervous at times, although he is a fabulous shot stopper. 

Totally agree with that... he wasn't the best kicker of a ball I ever saw, and didn't command his area all that well... Also seemed to shake like a jelly every time he had to face a penalty....... :confused03:

That will probably be the outcome RIG, but who knows what may happen if he gets his chance and as Mark said himself he has his goals, excuse the pun.

Yup in terms of shot stopping and athleticism he is an excellent keeper but his kicking is suspect. This is where Fraser could surpass him.

If Mark had signed a pre-contract with Falkirk I would have been a lot less happy than I am with him moving to Celtic as it at least shows ambition (no disrespect intended to Falkirk, but if any of our players move to another 'mid-table' side then it is a sideways move regardless of that club's history, fanbase or potential).

At least at Celtic he is (hopefully) assuring his own and his family's financial future (6k per week for 3 years is nearly a million squid) and has a chance to establish himself ... who knows what might happen if Boruc goes, gets injured or falls out of favour