FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Livi Scottish Cup

tm4tj

Livi made a change at the interval with Kurtis Guthrie replacing Bradley and were back on the front foot immediately with the visitors defence blocking a couple of early efforts from Penrice and Devlin, Sean Welsh with a great block. Kurtis Guthrie then saw his shot saved before Billy Mckay opened the scoring after we broke forward in the 51st minute, shooting high into the net with an assist from Jay Henderson's ball over the top. Guthrie then headed wide as the Lions responded but it was the Caley Jags that increased their lead through captain Sean Welsh who headed home via the post from a Nathan Shaw cross. Kurtis headed over again as Livi looked for a way back into the tie and Bahamboula saw his shot blocked. Ridgers saved from Joel Nouble as the pressure increased on the Inverness end. However, once more it was Inverness that were sharp in front of goal as Billy Mckay scored a third into the top corner, his 94th goal for Inverness. Ridgers saved low down to deny a bullet header from Obileye with six minutes remaining. 

Full Time 0-3

What a result

4 hours ago, Yngwie said:

We’re up against a superior side who are in great form so the chances are we will lose, but you know what, this is the Cup and we are ICT!

As I was saying! Although to be honest I really wasn’t expecting that, nobody was. Amazing result!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Well my gast is well and truly flabbered! Don't know where that came from, don’t really care where it came from, was not expecting anything like this result. A huge well done to everyone, definitely one to add to our classics. Shame Ayr have turned it around, would have loved to get Elgin next.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Well done to ICT though none of us saw that coming,which is what makes the result so good.Unfortunately I wasn't at the game, but last week I said on here I don't know why Dodds didn't play Shaw on opposite wing from Jay Henderson from beginning of last week's game because both of them playing putting in crosses for Billy works a treat compared to hoof ball.Not that Dodds would ever listen to anything I would say understanably, but I understand this is what he did today.Billy Mackay an example to all.

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

2 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

What a day out!!! Hats off to Dodds on that formation/tactics but the players were immense to a man. 

I also realised why I love our club despite all the dramas 

Exactly this, it’s days like this that we live for as a Caley fan.

Would be great to see a big turnout in the quarters. 

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

Wow!! Brings back memories of years gone by big style!!!

Ducked the match sadly given the garbage (my words) I have seen in a number of away matches during this and previous seasons and thus didn't see us having a chance.. Was actually just around the corner from Livingston as well this morning / early afternoon.............

Will be at the quarter final!!!

Queens lost today as well and hopefully this will kick start our season.

Fantastic guys, just fantastic!!

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic