• Scott Brown
    • Kevin Thompson
    • Ian McCall
    • Garry Warren
    • Ross Tokely
    • Jim McIntyre
    • Someone else

17 minutes ago, Donald1973 said:

Someone posted on p&b at half 6 saying they seen brown in Aberdeen train station heading to north platform, train got in at 830 and my mates son was in town and seen Gardiner in Academy street fulled suited and booted. 

Can he not drive ?

38m ago20:18
Ferguson to be appointed Inverness boss
Inverness Caledonian Thistle have agreed a deal to name Duncan Ferguson as their new manager.

The former Scotland and Everton striker will be unveiled at 9.30am on Tuesday.

Ferguson is available after being sacked by Forest Green in July after less than six months in the post.

He will replace Billy Dodds, who was sacked by Inverness just over a week ago.

• Like 1

Oh well, predictable background ! 🙄

One win in 18 matches for Forest Green prior to their relegation !!! . . . sounds like just what we need !!😲

From BBC

Duncan Ferguson has left his role as Forest Green Rovers head coach after less than six months in charge.

The former Everton assistant manager and player was appointed in January with the club bottom of League One.

They were subsequently relegated to the fourth tier in April, with Ferguson overseeing one win in 18 matches.

The 51-year-old had signed a five-year contract with the Gloucestershire side and had talked about his and the club's long-term plans after their relegation.

"It's been a privilege to work with Dunc these last few months and this was a very difficult decision to make," said Forest Green owner Dale Vince.

"I'm grateful to Dunc for joining us in such difficult circumstances and for all of his hard work at the club.

"But I feel this is overall the right decision for everyone and I wish Dunc well in his next coaching role. We are parting as friends. You can't ask for much more than that."

Ferguson scored 73 goals for Everton as a player in two spells between 1994 and 2006 and was also capped seven times by Scotland.

He joined the Toffees coaching staff in 2014 and twice acted as caretaker manager before leaving the club last summer to pursue his first managerial position.

While Forest Green returned straight to League Two after one season in the third tier, Ferguson had been talking about rebuilding for next season - with three players brought in so far this summer transfer window.

Newly appointed chief executive, Marcus Reynolds, also spoke about the club needing "stability and progress" going forward.

They open the new season at home to Salford City on Saturday, 5 August.

2 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Oh well, predictable background ! 🙄

One win in 18 matches for Forest Green prior to their relegation !!! . . . sounds like just what we need !!😲

From BBC

Duncan Ferguson has left his role as Forest Green Rovers head coach after less than six months in charge.

The former Everton assistant manager and player was appointed in January with the club bottom of League One.

They were subsequently relegated to the fourth tier in April, with Ferguson overseeing one win in 18 matches.

The 51-year-old had signed a five-year contract with the Gloucestershire side and had talked about his and the club's long-term plans after their relegation.

"It's been a privilege to work with Dunc these last few months and this was a very difficult decision to make," said Forest Green owner Dale Vince.

"I'm grateful to Dunc for joining us in such difficult circumstances and for all of his hard work at the club.

"But I feel this is overall the right decision for everyone and I wish Dunc well in his next coaching role. We are parting as friends. You can't ask for much more than that."

Ferguson scored 73 goals for Everton as a player in two spells between 1994 and 2006 and was also capped seven times by Scotland.

He joined the Toffees coaching staff in 2014 and twice acted as caretaker manager before leaving the club last summer to pursue his first managerial position.

While Forest Green returned straight to League Two after one season in the third tier, Ferguson had been talking about rebuilding for next season - with three players brought in so far this summer transfer window.

Newly appointed chief executive, Marcus Reynolds, also spoke about the club needing "stability and progress" going forward.

They open the new season at home to Salford City on Saturday, 5 August.

I know one of the players at Forest Green and from what I hear anyone going into that job was going to have a rough ride of it.

3 minutes ago, ICTPaisley said:

I know one of the players at Forest Green and from what I hear anyone going into that job was going to have a rough ride of it.

You just have to look at where they are this season to know that. Sitting 3rd bottom of League Two now.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

This if true has all the makings for an utter car crash. Hoping for a few months of bat **** crazy entertainment at least.

Might start a poll on which opposition manager will be the first to get a 'slap'

With a bit of luck it will be Goodwin 😀😀

• Funny 1

It’s a pretty ballsy and astonishing appointment, for so many reasons!
Of the dozens of applicants, they are undoubtedly appointing the one with the worst managerial record. Richie Foran’s win rate is three times Ferguson’s!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, bdu98196 said:
15 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

It’s a pretty ballsy and astonishing appointment, for so many reasons!
Of the dozens of applicants, they are undoubtedly appointing the one with the worst managerial record. Richie Foran’s win rate is three times Ferguson’s!

He will probably only be here till January, and then take over at Dundee United when the sack Goodwin, and we will be compensated for them poaching our coach, so we will probably be in profit then, but might be detached at the bottom of the league!

I saw Forest Green get battered at Portman Road but they are a small club and we’re not ready or invest well enough to stay in League 1 so 1 in 18 sounds bad but they were well out of there depth. His one win actually came against Sheffield Wednesday. He took over after there previous manager - might have been Rob Edwards - left to go to Watford I think and a lot of the players that got them promoted left too. Ferguson took over when they were already bottom and struggling so although that record not great can’t all be pinned on him. By the sounds of it he’s a very good coach at Everton with Ancellotti wanting to take him to Real but whether he is a good manger is the question. Time will tell!

• Agree 1
  • Thoughtful 2

22 minutes ago, gingerjaggy said:

I saw Forest Green get battered at Portman Road but they are a small club and we’re not ready or invest well enough to stay in League 1 so 1 in 18 sounds bad but they were well out of there depth. His one win actually came against Sheffield Wednesday. He took over after there previous manager - might have been Rob Edwards - left to go to Watford I think and a lot of the players that got them promoted left too. Ferguson took over when they were already bottom and struggling so although that record not great can’t all be pinned on him. By the sounds of it he’s a very good coach at Everton with Ancellotti wanting to take him to Real but whether he is a good manger is the question. Time will tell!

So what you're saying is that in his previous appointment, he was taken in when a team was bottom and he failed to get them off the bottom?

*Checks our current league position*

Exactly what we need right now 🤦

• Like 1

• tm4tj changed the title to Duncan Ferguson & Who was in the running
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic