FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

January Transfer window news

CaleyTennis

I'd say that's us just about covered now as far as defensive options are concerned .... Here's hoping for a creative midfield genius and a well-established consistently prolific goalscorer in the next few days! 

Edited by robbo1985
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, STFU said:

Interesting selection of signings and makes me wonder if Ferguson is looking for defenders who are more adept at playing out from the back and/or who are more capable of holding a higher defensive line.

I don't know anything about the new players, just wondering why we'd be loading more defenders into the squad.

Agree with others that we must have players going out, or maybe we have injuries we don't know about.

Interesting thought.  A tighter defensive line would then allow a few more risks to be taken up front.  Either that or big Dunc is hoping that 15 goalless draws will be enough to ensure survival.  

• Funny 4
  • Thoughtful 1

2 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Interesting thought.  A tighter defensive line would then allow a few more risks to be taken up front.  Either that or big Dunc is hoping that 15 goalless draws will be enough to ensure survival.  

Calinaccio .. Duncs bolting the door ! 

5 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Davidson and Duffy too much to hope for 😂 😇

…unless Boyes is going back.

I wouldn't want to see Duffy go, anyone who recalls his performance in the Cup Final against Celtic must surely agree there is a decent player there, that needs to develop consistency. Maybe he's caught between being a CB and a RB, but never strikes me as error prone and can do well enough as RB.

Given the start ICT had against Airdre last August, ppl might be surprised that I thought he looked pretty decent in that game, could come good in my view

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, STFU said:

Interesting selection of signings and makes me wonder if Ferguson is looking for defenders who are more adept at playing out from the back and/or who are more capable of holding a higher defensive line.

I don't know anything about the new players, just wondering why we'd be loading more defenders into the squad.

Agree with others that we must have players going out, or maybe we have injuries we don't know about.

Boyes [unless he's leaving] looks like the sort of player who can play out the back or drive forward, a bit like Robbie Deas.

We can certainly park a pretty big bus if we have to now,

Be interesting to see who the first three CB's are in pecking order now? Devine does get quite a few knocks, so maybe he gets longer to recover. Ujdur was getting some good reviews when he first came [ a bit like Delaney] but seens to have slipped down the pecking order

I think it’s fair to say Jake Davidson has made the impact or claimed the right back position in the way that anyone might have hoped would happen.

Our league record in games he has started: W0 D2 L6. Not all his fault, but perhaps not a coincidence either.

14 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

I wouldn't want to see Duffy go, anyone who recalls his performance in the Cup Final against Celtic must surely agree there is a decent player there, that needs to develop consistency. Maybe he's caught between being a CB and a RB, but never strikes me as error prone and can do well enough as RB.

Given the start ICT had against Airdre last August, ppl might be surprised that I thought he looked pretty decent in that game, could come good in my view

The problem is, it took him nearly 3 years to have a decent game in the cup final as anybody who watches the team regularly will tell you, but if he can shine on the big stage you could always give Roy Hodgson a shout £££. It shocked most of us and obviously shocked Dodds into awarding him a new contract as most people thought he would be released. By July he was back to gifting goals against league 2 Dumbarton. 
We're well covered now on the right side it seems, and Cammy Kerr is a much better player before you count Carragher and Carson. As a CB he's far too skinny and gangly and easily bullied. As a RB or WB he gets 10 yards into the opposing half before he gets a nosebleed, whether he's been instructed to or not. But next time you see him play, I'll happily give you £5 for every time he plays a forward pass, as long as you give me £1 every time he plays it back.

Edited by The Mantis
  • Agree 3

Livi are getting relegated and will not be bouncing back up any time soon. If he goes there it can only be for the money (which I can’t imagine would be life changing as they are pretty skint too)

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, STFU said:

Harper possibly away also.

That will leave us with no obvious fit left back / left wing back unless one of the recent additions can play there. Longstaff played there in the cup game but it didn’t seem his natural position. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moogthurso said:

How long is Lewis Nicholson out for?

Not heard anything recently but it was said to be for the full season after it happened.