FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ayr do Jan 2024

tm4tj

Well done boys a good 3 points away at Ayr and we'll done the 109 travelling support.I thought if we got a point today and in our next two games we couldn't complain,but right now I would take 5 out of possible nine points which eould obviously be better.

If only Logan Chalmers still played for us.He was a threat all day.

Some nice balls in from Harper,but we never have players on the end of them.Could have easily had another two goals today.Big game Friday now especially with United losing today.

I still think if we are in about the opposition box we should try shooting more, instead of trying to walk the ball into the net.

Notwithstanding all that overall a good win.

Anothrr former Caley player Oakley scores a hat trick for Morton.

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 2

At least some respite for the club today. Davie Carson certainly makes a difference and hopefully Sean is making progress too after a long spell of injuries. With the exception of the two loanees this was basically 9 players from last year's squad (until the two subs when we were 3-1 up). So hope the players start believing in themselves. Morton going like a train up this league. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Tree said:

Keeping him fit for an impending January sale? We’ve been looking at a number of defensive players and perhaps indicates cashing in.

I wondered if he had a knock when he was subbed on Tuesday. 

• Thoughtful 1

I am happy with the result today sounds like we took our chances for a change.  A lot to build on and after Dundee Utd loosing today gives us hope for something next week!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Duke of Inverness said:

I'll take a point today. Can't see us getting anymore with recent tactics and the players we have. Depressing times being an fan ICT continuing into 2024. Sad!!

Got that wrong!! Good to get 3 points.

Oakley up there with Lawrence Shankland as a lethal hitman 😆

Edited by Duke of Inverness

12 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I wondered if he had a knock when he was subbed on Tuesday. 

Apparently he hasn't been 100% since we got him, combination of niggles and adapting to our higher ( I know 😆) standard .

• Like 1

Well the last game I attended (Morton away) left me speechless but the performance today led to the first smileymometer in a long time. We passed the ballell and rarely backwards - there was only the rare mistake - Ridgers was commanding, made a number of saves including a worldy - the defence held a steady line - there was movement a plenty - we pressed well - we had individual players taking on different roles - the passion and energy was only too clear. The "negatives" were that we were lacking in that final touch on a number of occasions, we didn't take on defenders and hit the bye line enough and we still employ the high balls to McKay & co too much. But as it was at Ayr away it was a good day at the races 👍😁

Ridgers 😁😁😁😁 Two big stops early doors and looked the part throughout.

Duffy 😁😁😁😁 Dodgy start but rarely caught out thereafter.

Devine 😁😁😁😁 Appeared to be the main organiser at the back and commanding in the air.

Boyes 😁😁😁😁😁 Looked knackered in the first ten minutes but evidently that is him. 2 goals and a foil to Devine - enuff said. MOM 💥

Harper 😁😁😁😁 Did have a real challenge with Chalmers and the equally effective right back but stood up to the challenge.

Carson 😁😁😁😁😁 Welcome back Dave - 100% in all aspects including cheerleading 🤣

Welsh 😁😁😁😁 a performance recalling older days. Stay free of energy mate.

Gilmour 😁😁😁😁 Second fiddle to Welsh but did the midfield hard work.

Anderson 😁😁😁😁 Started up front but looked a bit lost at times but much better when withdrawn back.

Shaw 😁😁😁😁 Thought that he put in a great shift and popped up all over the place. If only he had a right foot.

McKay 😁😁😁😁😁 Took his time to knock in the goal but he is now Mr. ICT

Special mention to Mrs IHE for attending as she has actually never seen ICT yet beat 💥💥

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER
Stoopid
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Well Said 3

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Well the last game I attended (Morton away) left me speechless but the performance today led to the first smileymometer in a long time. We passed the ballell and rarely backwards - there was only the rare mistake - Ridgers was commanding, made a number of saves including a worldy - the defence held a steady line - there was movement a plenty - we pressed well - we had individual players taking on different roles - the passion and energy was only too clear. The "negatives" were that we were lacking in that final touch on a number of occasions, we didn't take on defenders and hit the bye line enough and we still employ the high balls to McKay & co too much. But as it was at Ayr away it was a good day at the races 👍😁

Ridgers 😁😁😁😁 Two big stops early doors and looked the part throughout.

Duffy 😁😁😁😁 Dodgy start but rarely caught out thereafter.

Devine 😁😁😁😁 Appeared to be the main organiser at the back and commanding in the air.

Boyes 😁😁😁😁😁 Looked knackered in the first ten minutes but evidently that is him. 2 goals and a foil to Devine - enuff said. MOM 💥

Harper 😁😁😁😁 Did have a real challenge with Chalmers and the equally effective right back but stood up to the challenge.

Carson 😁😁😁😁😁 Welcome back Dave - 100% in all aspects including cheerleading 🤣

Welsh 😁😁😁😁 a performance recalling older days. Stay free of energy mate.

Gilmour 😁😁😁😁 Second fiddle to Welsh but did the midfield hard work.

Anderson 😁😁😁😁 Started up front but looked a bit lost at times but much better when withdrawn back.

Shaw 😁😁😁😁 Thought that he put in a great shift and popped up all over the place. If only he had a right foot.

McKay 😁😁😁😁😁 Took his time to knock in the goal but he is now Mr. ICT

Special mention to Mrs IHE for attending as she has actually never seen ICT yet beat 💥💥

Thanks for the detailed comments. I was out today after kick off and unable to check my phone as it pinged  with each goal as I’d have been thumped by my better half for being rude in company, so imagine my delight to see we’d won 3-1 rather than being on the end of a beating.

It really sounds as though we’ve stepped up on performance, but we still need to get our shooting boots on when close to goal.

I’m pleased for Harper creating two goals. That can only help him grow in confidence. Maybe 3 at the back works for us after all, at least away from home.

As Satan said, a strange set of results today. United will be smarting after getting beaten at home but we’ve already matched them this season and with the cameras in town it’s time to put in a brilliant home performance.

Well done guys!

• Like 2
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, Robert said:

Thanks for the detailed comments. I was out today after kick off and unable to check my phone as it pinged  with each goal as I’d have been thumped by my better half for being rude in company, so imagine m

I’m pleased for Harper creating two goals. That can only help him grow in confidence. Maybe 3 at the back works for us after all, at least away from home.

He nearly broke the Ayr crossbar near the end but it was a well organised back four, leaving Boyes more opportunity to drift forward.

I'm going to take some credit for this result. It was risky but it worked - I went for the draw in the NAPS competition so I knew we'd either win or lose. It was a 50/50 risk. 😇

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

29 minutes ago, Gringo said:

I'm going to take some credit for this result. It was risky but it worked - I went for the draw in the NAPS competition so I knew we'd either win or lose. It was a 50/50 risk. 😇

I'll take half the credit as I did likewise 😂 Kudos to @Jodie Carnie for having the belief...

• Funny 3

• IBM unfeatured and unpinned this topic