FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

County relegated- pros and cons for ICT

clacher_holiday2

think its worth a tidy up of all the ross county related topics floating around this weekend into what should be the most important one to all of us (theres a **** of alot of places on the internet if you want to go and simply laugh your nads off at them)

how does ross county going down and potentially part time affect us? 

ill wait until somebody writes a big list of creditable cons before i react, otherwise ill be here all night.  i suspect there wont be too many anyhoo and overall there wont be much lost or gained

would like to hear some reasoning behind the highland flag waving, anything beyond archaic/parochial 'every-inelsh in scotlan hinks we're cabbageshaggin cave-mun, so should support eatch-uher lyke' attitude

main reason for me is that the loss of County to Div2 means that we dont have a team on our doorstep who we could potentially send players to (on loan) or receive players from (Rankin, Cowie) at a level that is just below ours.

A lot of us agreed that Rory might need to go on loan to get the confidence back, I would have liked to have seen him at a first division County so he could train with ICT during the week but turnout for them at a decent level. However, I am not sure he needs to drop two divisions to Div2 ... so County in Div1 might have been better.

Guest kingkojak

pro - potentially ICT might attract more support for home matches from over the bridge - increased attendances = new stand

also - if they have to downsize to make the club financially secure then could we rob their youth setup/coaches - seems to be the only thing left they have that we need!

con - who the feck are we going to rob players from now?

We compete with County for sponsorship and corporate functions.  An SPL match is far more attractive than a Second Division game.

If County stay in the lower leagues and we stay in the SPL youngsters will be far more inclined to pick us as their team to follow.

With regards to loaning players to them, the only players we've ever loaned them are ones who are on the way out - Wayne Addicoat, Daisy, Alan Morgan.

It is also fun to point and laugh at County fans.  To paraphrase hearts fans:

BIG TEAM BIG LEAGUE

WEE TEAM WEE LEAGUE

BIG TEAM BIG LEAGUE

WEE TEAM WEE LEAGUE

We're all going to Ibrox

You're all going to Berwick

nah nah nah nah

nah nah nah nah

We're all going to Parkhead

You're all going to Cowden

nah nah nah nah

nah nah nah nah

If County have to go part time the act that there will be a smaller pool of ful time fotballers in the rea will make it more difficult for ourseves to attract layers from the central belt and beyond.

Can't see how you work that out,it's not like players are going to say "oh there's 20 full time players at county that's a good reason to join ICT"