FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Wyness

FortressICT

Wyness has said in the Courier today that he doesn't want the fans to expect goals from him next season!!he's a striker 4 fecks sake and thats what he is paid to do.i think for a player to say that means that he's basically saying he's crap!think we should maybe try and offload him if we can take in another 2 strikers and dargs stays.he's been a member of our squad 4 years now but if he's saying that...think its time 2 go. :sillywave:

Denzil has tended to perform poorly when the expectations of him have been high and the pressure was on - when he first joined us from Aberdeen, when he went to Hearts, and when he returned to us.

When our expectations have dropped, he usually surprises us with a rich streak of form.

So in that respect, I can see where he's coming from.

Rosscoe.... perhaps you might like to take this chance to read once again what Dennis actually said....

"We're slightly different players in that I like to come short and receive the ball, while Craig tends to play on the shoulder of the last defender," he said.

"He is probably more of a goalscorer than me, but hopefully I can get myself back among the goals next season whether Craig is still here or not.

"In terms of goalscoring, my second spell hasn't hit the heights compared to the first time I was here, but what you have to remember is that the club were playing in the First Division when I left," he said.

"It goes without saying that I would like to score goals, but to do that in the SPL is very difficult because the standard is much higher than it is in the First Division.

"However, my main aim at the moment is just to get a good pre-season under my belt and try to get back in the first-team.

"Last season wasn't really a good one for me. I got injured only five games in and by the time I came back from the first injury, Graham Bayne and Craig Dargo had struck up a really good partnership.

"Then when I did get back in I got injured again, so even though I was delighted to get a run out against St Mirren, it was not the best season I've ever had."

Wyness has said in the Courier today that he doesn't want the fans to expect goals from him next season!!he's a striker 4 fecks sake and thats what he is paid to do.i think for a player to say that means that he's basically saying he's crap!think we should maybe try and offload him if we can take in another 2 strikers and dargs stays.he's been a member of our squad 4 years now but if he's saying that...think its time 2 go. :sillywave:

Jeez mate... calm down calm down..

Wyness is talking sense, he will never be a Dargo, and he admits it.

Denzil can & will score goals, he is a classy player who we are priveliged to have, enjoy him fer fecks sake.

What I read from that article is...

"I scored shed loads in my first spell at ICT in the lower divisions, I'll be going out to score goals again but due to the higher level don't expect me to be banging in 2 or 3 every week".

I see nothing wrong in that, it's all about managing people's expectations and he's just telling us not to expect miracles.  If he can chip in with even 6 or 7 goals next season and other players perform as they have this season then we'll be pushing for that top 6 we dream off.

my take on the article is similar to CaleyD ..... and it is the newspaper not Dennis who is saying not to expect goals ....

the paper says "Meanwhile, Dennis Wyness has told Caley Thistle supporters not to expect him to fill the void should Dargo depart."

whereas Dennis is saying "In terms of goalscoring, my second spell hasn't hit the heights compared to the first time I was here, but what you have to remember is that the club were playing in the First Division when I left. It goes without saying that I would like to score goals, but to do that in the SPL is very difficult because the standard is much higher than it is in the First Division."

In other words - he wants to score loads but acknowledges that it is harder to do that at a higher level. end of (non-) story

I've been transferring a load of old stuff from tapes onto digital. You forget just how Dennis produced magic every week till you see all those old clips from Football First. And interviews with Pele where he says he just loves watching the team like a fan every week, they were that good.

I've been transferring a load of old stuff from tapes onto digital. You forget just how Dennis produced magic every week till you see all those old clips from Football First. And interviews with Pele where he says he just loves watching the team like a fan every week, they were that good.

Mantis - we are toying with the idea of a "video section" on the 2007/08 site - wouldnt mind featuring some of these old videos of yours (just the football related ones  :004:)

"when you sit your S grade English rosscoe...."

just done my higher 1 actually! :015: :015:

6 or 7 goals a season isnt acceptable 4 a striker who will be starting or getting game every week.

christie should consider his future if we take in 2 other strikers and dargs stays.but its christie so he won't.

think we should maybe try and offload him

:010: :010: :010:

I didnt know the forums alowed such blasphemy

Seriously though, watch the way Dennis plays when he plays alongside dargo. Its very suttle but he makes one **** of an impact. Those two fit togethor perfectly. Trust me, we are a much better team with thoses two playing togethor than apart.

"see nothing wrong in that, it's all about managing people's expectations and he's just telling us not to expect miracles.  If he can chip in with even 6 or 7 goals next season and other players perform as they have this season then we'll be pushing for that top 6 we dream off."

"Seriously though, watch the way Dennis plays when he plays alongside dargo. Its very suttle but he makes one **** of an impact. Those two fit togethor perfectly. Trust me, we are a much better team with thoses two playing togethor than apart."

well if dargs goes maybe we should listen 2 any offers 4 wyness.and take in 3 new strikers...buchannan,crawford and sum1 else

Roscoe23 - it was CaleyD who mentioned 6 or 7 not Dennis !!!

Think you have a lot to learn about 'strike partnerships' though ..... Paul Ritchie went a long time where he was not exactly prolific and had fans all over him for being crap .... but he was the man that probably setup half of Wyness' 80+ tally of goals as well as ending his ICT career on a reasonable number himself. Graham Bayne was getting a similar hounding and I am sure more players will get the same in years to come

Roscoe23 - it was CaleyD who mentioned 6 or 7 not Dennis !!!

Think you have a lot to learn about 'strike partnerships' though ..... Paul Ritchie went a long time where he was not exactly prolific and had fans all over him for being crap .... but he was the man that probably setup half of Wyness' 80+ tally of goals as well as ending his ICT career on a reasonable number himself. Graham Bayne was getting a similar hounding and I am sure more players will get the same in years to come

This is exactly why I would not be devistated if Dargo did leave us (although I would prefer he stayed).  I think that Bayne and Wyness would make a similar partnership to the Ritchie/Wyness partnership.  If Dargo did leave I would expect 2 strikers to come in but I think we would still have a better strike force than a lot of the other teams in the SPL.

well if dargs goes maybe we should listen 2 any offers 4 wyness.and take in 3 new strikers...buchannan,crawford and sum1 else

Aye lethal Stevie Crawford with his 5 goals this season!  :015:

"when you sit your S grade English rosscoe...."

just done my higher 1 actually! :015: :015:

You'll understand the concept of 'irony' then  :023:

How many times have you seen Dennis play?

Mantis - we are toying with the idea of a "video section" on the 2007/08 site - wouldnt mind featuring some of these old videos of yours (just the football related ones  :004:)

I'm sure if I supply Don with the discs he'll be able to convert them. Anyway you've got the div 3 and div 2 days to be going on with.

Also working on Caley stuff just now.