FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Singing Section Next Season

RiG

As I posted earlier in the thread, I think its a good idea in principle, and one that everyone (club, fans, website(s) and stewards) could and should get behind to make it work. If asked, we will be happy to help in any way we can with the process.

I have no doubt that the club have been working hard behind the scenes to try and get it up and running before the start of the season, especially as it has the full backing of the Chairman which is important. Whilst we can perhaps criticise certain areas of the plan for lacking some of the minutiae that will be required before launch, I have no doubt that the whole planning, costing and logistics that have been gone through so far have not been 5 minute jobs. The minutiae will come, and hopefully the launch will not be rushed and then prove problematic (or to be another PR disaster) but rather - as CD mentioned above - dot all the i's and cross all the t's even if it means it isnt in operation for the first home game of the season.

I do agree with Caley D about the meeting however. Whilst it is admirable that both the Chairman and DoF attended and "openly answered questions", I cant help feeling that it was an opportunity missed in some respects as they had the opportunity to put this whole Dunfermline thing to rest by making a statement available prior to discussing what are very good ideas. Until the cloud hanging over the Dunfermline incident is lifted, any talk of the singing section is likely to have a number of "What if ...." questions attached to it and that could prove to be a cumbersome millstone.

I am glad that those who attended the meeting feel that they had their questions answered as that is important, doubly so if they have been vocal on the subject as some have.

For those that have been vocal about this and couldnt be bothered going to the meeting then sorry, you had your chance and the excuse that you didnt know what questions they would be answering doesnt wash. If you feel strongly, you go along and you ask your questions anyway. if they dont answer them then you ask them again until they do. if they flat out refuse to answer questions then you are free to have a moan and shout it from the rooftops. If you didnt go because you couldnt be bothered, then you have no real justification for being vocal on this subject any more.

For those that couldnt go because of work, or because of geography (eg. myself, Caley D, IHE, Gringo etc etc) then we have to try and raise points on here in the hope that someone else can ask them or that the club might see them and consider them. I want to be positive about this whole initiative but I cant do that 100% until questions that were raised about an incident that happened 46 days ago, and promised by various parties to be answered in a reasonable timescale are addressed.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres 1 thing im still not to sure about :024:

some people have been saying that th west stand will be sold to th public for th big games. what about th singing section?? i thought this stand was made only for us, the people who want to sing?

i think it is vital that th singing section is able to hav th west stand to themselves for th big games because that is th time when we need to create a loud noise, to intimadate th bigger teams when they come up here.

I have been vocal about the singing section and about what happened at the Dunfermline game.

I was also quite vocal at the meeting last night as well. :003:

The issues about stewarding were raised and I feel that the board have taken on board the feelings of the fans.

The board cannot publicly condone actions which are not allowed by the SPL but reading between the lines I feel that there may be a bit more latitude in what the fans can do.

The issue about the ticketing for the West stand was discussed and the chairman did point out that the Club will be bringing in an EPOS ticketing system( whatever that is). This would allow the transfer of tickets for specific games if required.

He did point out though that we would all have to play it by ear initially until the teething problems are sorted out.

West stand could be the place to be next season. No sweetie rustlers allowed. So no IHE there then :tic01:

Pleased to hear the idea about the West Stand but have season tickets in the North one. When we score or do something worth singing about are we  allowed to join in with the singing from where we are sat?  I HOPE SO!! :tic01:

EPOS = Electronic Point of Sale - Which basically means he could be talking about anything from electronic turnstyles to a new cash register.  The club already have an EPOS ticketing system already and it should be able to handle ticket transfers.  It also only needs a minor modification to make ticket sales available online but that's a different argument  :001:

theres 1 thing im still not to sure about :024:

some people have been saying that th west stand will be sold to th public for th big games. what about th singing section?? i thought this stand was made only for us, the people who want to sing?

i think it is vital that th singing section is able to hav th west stand to themselves for th big games because that is th time when we need to create a loud noise, to intimadate th bigger teams when they come up here.

Errr, the 'E' key is up the top in between the 'w' and 'r' .....try it

Pleased to hear the idea about the West Stand but have season tickets in the North one. When we score or do something worth singing about are we  allowed to join in with the singing from where we are sat?  I HOPE SO!! :tic01:

The singing section is going to be situated close to the North Stand and hopefully it will create more noise throughout the stadium by creating  a good atmosphere where people will want to join in.  Once things are up and running you will be able to move to the West Stand if you decide it looks better. You will be able to try it on a per game basis.  As I have said before the logistical side of things still requires a bit of thought, but the important point is that the club are listening to the fans on this occasion.

the chairman did point out that the Club will be bringing in an EPOS ticketing system( whatever that is). This would allow the transfer of tickets for specific games if required.

As CD says, there are many forms of EPOS so that in itself is no indication of what they are planning. I cant help thinking that the Toronto model might just work here .......

At TFC I have been supplied with my normal season tickets, each ticket has a barcode on it which is scanned when I get to the stadium gates. If I need to leave the ground for any reason I am scanned out and scanned back in again when I return. All of this is done reasonably quickly using a wireless handheld scanner linked to the ticket Db. When the scanner scans the barcode it either shows a tick or a cross. If its a tick I get in, if its a cross, I dont (fortunately never had a cross yet).

This could work for the singing section if fans were scanned out of the main or north stands and scanned into the singing section. Because its all stored in a database, the club would also be able to pull data from the system to see which fans consistently went to that section and perhaps even give them priority for big games !!!! It would also serve to considerably speed up the entry into the ground at the turnstile bottlenecks !!!

Now here is a clever part ..... TFC has linked with Ticketmaster (but ostensibly it could be done with anyone who has the technology) and after registering on the official TFC site I can view all my ticket information online. When online I have several options (up to 2 hours before kickoff). I can reprint tickets if I have lost or forgotten my originals or I can email them to any email address. When you reprint or email the tickets a PDF file is either downloaded or sent to the email address and this has a new barcode on it. You print out the PDF and either you or the person you emailed it to can show it at the gates for scanning. If you try to use the original ticket, it wont work as the validity of the original barcode has been cancelled.

The "email your ticket to someone else" part of this scenario could work for a ticket exchange program ..... you organise online (on a special board on here perhaps as suggested earlier in the thread) for a ticket swap to take place and then using the system you each email tickets to the other ... hey presto the ticket situation is sorted.

the finer details are not yet ironed out.

yes it will need to be all seated.  you are not allowed to stand at spl grounds.  i know i know the away fans do it all the time....

but.....  WE need to be a wee bit sensible about things too.  the club have been talking about a different style of stewarding next season and that should make a difference.

CD Seems to me that the point you are arguing about was discussed and the answer is in maimie's quote.

Grass cutting waits for no man.

I was too late to pop along but I am not complaining, everything seems to be in order, if you let a thread run long enough all your questions will be answered.

All we can do is try it and see whats happening and give it a little while for everything to be ironed out, chill for a bit.

Oh, and here are some e's for you, eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The singing section is going to be situated close to the North Stand and hopefully it will create more noise throughout the stadium by creating  a good atmosphere where people will want to join in.  Once things are up and running you will be able to move to the West Stand if you decide it looks better. You will be able to try it on a per game basis.  As I have said before the logistical side of things still requires a bit of thought, but the important point is that the club are listening to the fans on this occasion.

Please tell me the singing section is not gonna be to one half of the ground? If there is one thing i cant stand is un symetrical stadiums!! will look like tannadice if its put at one end.

how do you get images on here because i got a picture of the stand which falkirk use and it will be exactly the same as what we will have for the west stand. its pretty cool and it is also well covered and enclosed so it will be good at amplifying th noise which we create! :021:

looks like the structure will be at one end (outlined in red) with space for more if required .....

2120.photo.jpg

story here: Highland News

Caley4life - to add a pic click on 'additional options when posting and attach a file !

I assume this is a typo:

Savage said supporters should look at the club's website over the next 10 to 14 days to find out exactly who to register for the singing stand and said he reckons if this plan is a winner it will "inspire the team". He added that a freephone number will be set up to help those fans interested to register.

and it should be how?

Sounds interesting - at least this way they can find out who will be in there  :001:

"The big factor for us is that we need this West Stand filled with noisy fans as often as possible. We know we'll fill it for the Old Firm and Aberdeen, but it's when the Motherwells and Gretnas visit we also will be hoping the fans use this. The last thing we want is to look over and see just 50 people in there. The club has gone the extra mile here and I hope this works, it will be for the good of everyone if it does."

Unfortunately this is how I see things going

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sophia

As the song goes - It’s all gone quiet over there.

It seems to this poster that the vociferous criticism that followed the poorly organised singing section trial has melted like spring snow.

The proposal for a dedicated section is a good one and has effectively stolen the pea from the whistle.

However, I'm concerned that the credibility of this site has suffered a little over this.

It seems that the club is more comfortable in dealing with others and that this may well have created a schism within the ranks of supporters. The evidence for this is displayed on here by some of the immediate and negative comments on the proposal for the new section.

I suppose it would make sense for the club to want to deal with the Supporters Trust as it would be quite difficult to deal with folks that call for season ticket boycotts, sackings etc and then not follow through by even attending the meeting!

However, I'm concerned that the credibility of this site has suffered a little over this.

Don't be. We're not. I also believe you are blurring the lines between the site and the site users which are two very different things.

To some at the club and a sizeable proportion of the support at large, this site (or any other site) has never had, nor will it ever have, any credibility. We cant influence that very much and we are not concerned with trying to. Now that we are no longer in a position where we are the official site we (the site) will continue to praise the club to the rafters when they get things right, but we (the site) are now in a position where can also criticise them when they get it wrong.

As for the users - We provide a moderated platform where those supporters who choose to use the site can air their views be they positive or negative and like anywhere else where people can air views, some of it is all piss and vinegar whilst others talk the talk and walk the walk so to speak. People are entitled to their opinions and so long as it doesnt cross the boundaries we (the site) have set, then they are free to express them.

The person who actually made the formal complaint has conducted a lot of his dialogue in private and I can assure you that his criticism has not melted like spring snow, its just not visible to all at this time.

It seems that the club is more comfortable in dealing with others and that this may well have created a schism within the ranks of supporters. The evidence for this is displayed on here by some of the immediate and negative comments on the proposal for the new section.

I believe you are incorrect. The comments regarding the singing section have been broadly supportive. Most supporters believe it to be a good idea but some have expressed opinions that although they support it, the previous incident needs to be addressed before they wholeheartedly embrace it. We have also indicated a willingness to assist the club in whatever way we can after the chairman expressed the belief that we might have a part to play.

I suppose it would make sense for the club to want to deal with the Supporters Trust as it would be quite difficult to deal with folks that call for season ticket boycotts, sackings etc and then not follow through by even attending the meeting!

The Supporters' Trust is the appropriate body for the club to deal with in this matter. The idea was 'their baby' and as an organised and elected group with shares in the club and who represent a large number of supporters (although not all) this course of action is wholly appropriate. Again, I believe you are confusing the site with the site users. The site has not called for sackings, or boycotts, although some of the users may have.

Please also remember two salient points about this meeting - some of those who were at the Dunfermline game live hundreds of miles away and it was not possible for them to attend and also, the meeting was not billed as a session where answers to previously asked questions would be given ... despite queries about that very aspect of it.

Spot on Scotty.

For me, the ball is in the court of the Club and the Supporters Trust with regard to the events that happened at the Dunfermline game.  The Trust promised us that they would not let the matter be swept under the carpet - IMO it is their credibility that is under the spotlight, not this sites.

Changes to legislation will come in to effect on 1st November that require all stewards to hold the SIA (Security Industry Authority) License

A welcome step in the right direction (provided standards for obtaining the license are meaningful) which should ensure that the stewards being provided have at least had some kind of industry standard training.

15 March 2007: Compulsory licensing and regulation of the private security industry in Scotland will come into force on 1 November 2007. From that day it will be illegal to operate in Scotland in a designated security role without an Security Industry Authority (SIA) licence.

The SIA will be responsible for licensing the private security industry across the whole of Great Britain, creating one security regulator and one set of security licences.

Jennifer Pattinson, SIA Head of Investigation for Scotland said:

"The new SIA licensing requirements for Scotland will raise standards and help prevent unsuitable or poorly trained people from working in the private security industry. From 1 November it will be a criminal offence to carry out a licensable security activity without an SIA licence or for supervisors, managers or directors of security companies to deploy unlicensed operatives.

The safety of the Scottish public is our principal goal. SIA licensing will ensure those working in positions of trust in the private security industry are trained, qualified and are fit and proper people for their role. An SIA licence is a personal demonstration that an individual meets those requirements.

Our priority has been to communicate with everyone affected by the introduction of the legislation in Scotland and we aim to ensure that companies and individuals do not underestimate the time and resources it takes to get a licence. I urge those working in the private security industry in Scotland to start their licensing process now. When 1 November arrives - be licensed, be legal."

The down side is that the added cost of licensing security firm staff will likely be passed on to the customer.

St Mirren have already announced that they will be increasing ticket prices as a result - Clicky Clicky

I also guess this is the reason that we have heard nothing proper from the club with regards to improvements, they are simply sitting back and letting the new legislation take care of the issue - not a dig, if I was in their shoes I wouldn't waste time and money investigating something which legislation was about to change/improve - but they could have just told us all this from the start.  By trying to make it look like they were actually doing something only for people to discover they are doing squat just makes them look stupid.