FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Season Ticket Gaff?

IcyTea

I was speaking to a someone today who is wanting to change his season ticket seat so he can sit with a friend.

When he went down to TCS to see what seats are available i.e. not renewed, he was told that the renewal information on their computer system had been wiped out by mistake and they would have to phone round everyone to find out who had renewed.

Can anyone confirm this?

Do ICT back up their IT systems?

Will ICT do back up their IT systems from now on?

he was told that the renewal information on their computer system had been wiped out by mistake and they would have to phone round everyone to find out who had renewed. Do ICT back up their IT systems? Will ICT do back up their IT systems from now on?

If they dont have a disaster recovery strategy that not only includes the regular (secure) backup and (off-site) storage of critical and sensitive information such as this then whoever is responsible for their IT strategy needs to be deleted from the staff !!!

Urban myth it is then. I would imagine someone would have heard from the club by now if this was true. Bad case of Chinese whispers.

I suspect so. The more I thought about it, the more I thought that at worst, someone probably deleted an excel file they were using as a 'working' file on their local machine and couldnt get the info there and then. there was most likely a master file and/or a backup as well as the ticketing database which i suspect is backed up extremely regularly by the suppliers.

if the club dont have a specified plan for backup/recovery and they have had a scare of this nature then I dont really want to hear about it .... just want the club themselves to realise that they have to make sure that a procedure is in place.

not heard anything myself

did get an email the other day from angela telling me they had extended the deadline (i was slow in renewing) and she never mentioned anything about it in the email

so i vote mythbusted :002: