FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stuff Caley Stadium Needs

Guest TinCanFan

Guest TinCanFan

Does anyone have any ideas of stuff Caley Stadium needs?  What about a scoreboard/TV screen or a tarred car park with proper car spaces.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres a difference between what is needed and what 'luxuries' fans would like for the stadium. I think score boards would fall under the luxuries category.

IMO we need more turnstiles, a tarred car park with stewards/traffic wardens directing traffic. However i would like to see a fourth stand and a pub built for match day beers!  :drinking09:

theres a difference between what is needed and what 'luxuries' fans would like for the stadium. I think score boards would fall under the luxuries category.

IMO we need more turnstiles, a tarred car park with stewards/traffic wardens directing traffic. However i would like to see a fourth stand and a pub built for match day beers!  :drinking09:

totally agree

Guest TinCanFan

I agree.  It would remain empty for the whole season except for the games a OF when it would still probably be half full.

a 4th stand would provide the cacpacity for growth of our clubs support, as a young growing club we need somewhere to put potential fans, agreed we would only fill it maybe a few times a year but hopefully that will happen more often as our team grows. How many teams fill their stadium to capacity every game of the season? not many i'd predict!

a much better idea than wasting loads of money on a fancy scoreboard that is neither needed nor beneficial in any way!

If the club go down the route of using the stadium during the closed season for more concerts I believe plans are being considered to develop the West side of the the stadium to include some kind of stage area.  Modular structures would be placed on it during the season to cater for press/tv etc.

Guest TinCanFan

a much better idea than wasting loads of money on a fancy scoreboard that is neither needed nor beneficial in any way!

I would think that a scoreboard would be much cheaper than an empty, un-needed 4th stand.

it would be cheaper but another stand would generate revenue, a scoreboard is pointless other than reminding fans what the score is, i feel quite comfotable in the knowledge that i can remember how many goals have been scored in a game and can tell the time on my watch suffice to know when half time should be!

do you honestly think ICT should get a scoreboard for the stadium rather than improving the facilities?

Guest TinCanFan

It would help the OF fans who probably can't count or tell the time.  But you're right it would be pointless for most people and I would rather have a car-park that was a) bigger, b) tarred to stop the mud-bath that normally happens and had some sort of control because it really can be a free for all in there.

You enhance the stadium little by little and each improvement should happen at a time when the enhancement would bring value.

No point having a 4th stand right now as we would fill it maybe 2 or 3 times a year maximum and it therefore becomes a drain on our finances as you still have to pay for upkeep, maintenance, stewarding etc. A 4th stand only really becomes a 'need' when we are selling out games throughout a season.

Likewise with a scoreboard .... although a scoreboard does have benefits too. It enhances the fans' enjoyment by displaying the minutes played, perhaps instant replays of good attempts on goal (for the fans not the ref), team lineups, flashes up things like 50-50 draw winning number, adverts for centenary club or club events etc and quite possibly sponsor logos and such like. Again, it is a luxury until you actually need it or it can bring in enough revenue to be self financing. The one at Toronto FC is excellent but it cost a LOT of money.

Infrastructure - this is where I would like to see a little money spent. Improve the car parks (and their stewarding), add a bar for matchdays, improve things like catering facilities (pie stalls etc), create a permanent club shop ... that sort of thing.

to generate money, one has to speculate to accumulate. lets say we fill it 3 times a season, lets say 3000 seats @ ?25 per head, thats ?225k? any point in adding ?225k to the coffers?

I can understand the logic, but a 3000 seat stand would cost millions and even if you did fill it 3 or lets be generous and say 4 times per season it would quite possibly take 10 years to bring in money to cover just the capital costs let alone allowing any of that income to pay for stewarding maintenance and upkeep.

Lets also not forget that a 3000 seat stand is probably never going to be built opposite the main stand as there is a trifling little matter of a high pressure gas pipe underground between the stadium and the A9 that would make that impossible

to generate money, one has to speculate to accumulate. lets say we fill it 3 times a season, lets say 3000 seats @ ?25 per head, thats ?225k? any point in adding ?225k to the coffers?

I can understand the logic, but a 3000 seat stand would cost millions and even if you did fill it 3 or lets be generous and say 4 times per season it would quite possibly take 10 years to bring in money to cover just the capital costs let alone allowing any of that income to pay for stewarding maintenance and upkeep.

Lets also not forget that a 3000 seat stand is probably never going to be built opposite the main stand as there is a trifling little matter of a high pressure gas pipe underground between the stadium and the A9 that would make that impossible

if we were to install a stand similar in construction to the ones we have behind the goals, would they be as expensive as millions? cant remember how much the north and south stands cost to build from memory.

Does anyone actually know how much it would actually cost to re-route the gas main if it is a viable option? someone who works in a civil engineering firm once told me that in a project he worked on, that re-routing a gas main isnt cheap running into many tens of thousands, whether that is comparible to our case i do not know.

Does anyone actually know how much it would actually cost to re-route the gas main if it is a viable option? someone who works in a civil engineering firm once told me that in a project he worked on, that re-routing a gas main isnt cheap running into many tens of thousands, whether that is comparible to our case i do not know.

There's actually a thread about that over on Pie and Bovril [HERE] ...... the suggestion is that it would take MANY MILLIONS to re-route the pipe as it is a national transmission pipeline with gas under far higher pressure than regular run of the mill pipes or even gas mains ....

There's actually a thread about that over on Pie and Bovril [HERE] ...... the suggestion is that it would take MANY MILLIONS to re-route the pipe as it is a national transmission pipeline with gas under far higher pressure than regular run of the mill pipes or even gas mains ....

i saw the thread there Scotty but remained sceptical as it was a rangers fan known for posting dubious material who started the thread and i have been aware how many wind ups appear on that site not to read too much into what is posted there. I thought maybe someone on this site might have known.

Going back to my initial post on this thread this is something i'd like to see, i dont think it is necessarily needed at the moment, its  not something i deem a priority at present, everyone likes to see their club progress and expand and i'm no different