FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

brewster

Guest the4th stand

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even more tedious are those fantasists who bore us with their made up 'insider' information to fit their agenda which turns out to be b*llshit 90% of the time.

I agreed with pretty well all of your post, dbs, but particulary this sentence.  Couldn't have put it better myself.  Seems to have gone a bit quiet on the Black/Brewster row all of a sudden from the 'pro Black, insider knowledge' brigade!

History speaks for itself.

The rumours of Brewsters return appeared weeks before CC stepped down and they received the same initial response that it was all BS from people who thought they were "in the know".

The "rumours" regarding Robbo carry far more weight when you consider that he is currently being employed by Orion as a "Development Consultant" or something along those lines.  This information has been doing the rounds for a while now and the club have yet to make a statement on it one way or the other.

You can argue that it has nothing to do with us, but such rumours can be unsettling and if there's nothing in them then what's the harm in the club making a statement to that effect....in fact it would do far more good to end the rumours or to have made comment/statement at the outset to prevent them.

Sometimes you can learn a lot more from what's not said than from what is said.

Here's another "rumour" that I posted a couple of weeks back when news of Robbo being employed by Orion broke.....

Grassa to go to Clach as the new Chairman and Robbo to come in to ICT as Director of Football.  If i'm right then I think it is a far more positive development than Robbo coming back in as Manager.

Here's another "rumour" that I posted a couple of weeks back when news of Robbo being employed by Orion broke.....

Grassa to go to Clach as the new Chairman and Robbo to come in to ICT as Director of Football.  If i'm right then I think it is a far more positive development than Robbo coming back in as Manager.

i like the sound of that

:029: What would Robbo be able to offer us? He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near our club again.

having played at and being involved with much larger clubs than ICT surely he could offer more as a director of football than grassa? not only would he have an idea infrastructure of bigger clubs (ignoring the shambolic management fiasco in place in his tenure at hearts) but also he would have contacts down in the central belt that may help in bringing players north. correct me if i'm wrong but wasnt Black a Robbo signing?

what in particular do you have against him?

Let's just say his training methods are a joke, unless he used different ones whilst at ICT. I agree that we need another Director of Football if we want to progress but I don't think Robbo is the answer.

agreed, i would hope that with Brewster and Peter Davidson both focused a stong fitness minded training regime that this would be unaffected by a change in DoF.

personally i feel that robbo, while not being the model candidate, would bring more to the role of DoF than the current employee.

All the conspiracy talk regarding Robbo and Orian and Robbo being set up to come back is just talk.

When he left there was a sigh of relief coming out of Caley stadium. I spoke to people at the time they were pleased that robbo went but were keen to hold on to parkie.

He won't be back.

Fair point. IF and it's a big if he was to be DOF then I would be more than happy for me to be proved wrong.

absolutely, it is a huge IF. Also there is a certain curse to remember that seems to affect employees to leave for pastures new....... :023:

Guest awayupingorgie

as a hearts fan who has been watching closely on the rumoured return of robbo some of your facts are bit out of date

1.robbo has proven apprenticeship as coach (livi 2nd 1st div and uefa)under davie hay

2.was and still is your most succesful manager(1st div and challenge cup)two scottish semis

3.we treated hin badly shafted by robinson and he got us t both cup semis and won in europe

4.had county top of league quit because he refused to sack players!!!!!!!!

5.yeah went down with livi but took over with paul lambert havin only won two games in 28 so not really his fault

6.livi finished 6 or 7th with big budget cut look at the pars and thistle who struggle

7.went to derry in disarray after best manager in ireland fenlon (3 titles in 5 years) done a bunk after 4 months and in relegation area

8,mid table finish qualified for setanta cup big money earner for irish clubs and WON their league cup!!!!!!!!!!!

9.he was coming home toward the end of season as his mother was dying from terminal illness!!!!!!!!!!!!! hardly a crime

10,has uefa and champions league experience

as you can see us hearts fans still love him he played the most attacking football was always positive and spoke to fans

he signed some good players lee miller,mark burchill ,miko, gave youngsters like le wallace driver and erra long runs in the team

signed decent lads for you as well wilson bingham hastings black bayne juanjo dods so he has good skills to get players up there for you

guys.cant beleive he was not taken back .and as above if his training methods are ajoke have you never had one player slagging him off

at any of his previous clubs !!!!!!!!they all seem to talk very highly of him and he still wins things i would have him back at hearts in a minute

at any level.he always talks highly of you guys at functions for the suppourters clubs down here and think he still lives up there

Guest birdog

.and as above if his training methods are ajoke have you never had one player slagging him off

at any of his previous clubs !!!!!!!!

Can't argue with the rest of your post really but if his training methods are so good then why did Brewster have to sort out the fitness of the whole squad when he came after Robbo's departure? I think Robbo was a great manager during his time here but there were serious questions asked about the squad's fitness after his departure.

Guest awayupingorgie

whats the first thing a manager always does when he arrives at a club mid season?? he works on fitness

he does not mess with team or shape .its same old story il up fitness side bla bla bla robbo left you safe

brew kept you safe and if his methods so good why did utd have great run of 3 wins in 30 odd brew falls

out with players because of his training methods you have seen no real improvement in your team apart fro

robbo and then charlie christie brew two wins in 12 both agaist mighty gretna wow .good going fair do thi=ugh

you got battered by us in inverness brfore couple of romanov substitutions and roy of rovers getting the winner

and in fairness despite another 90 +minute winner you did deserve the win at fortress kaunas

Robbo had a good managerial record for us in the 1st division but his SPL record was worse than CC or Brewster. Having said that, I think any current or former ICT manager would have struggled at that time ... promotion to a higher league, close season wrangles with Partick disrupting preparations, playing at pittodrie, players getting used to the SPL etc etc etc.

I have no knowledge of his training methods or his relationship with players but 'awayupingorgie' has a point. He did bring a number of good players to the club and they did seem to perform for him. Although it is also true to say that when Brewster arrived the fitness levels increased dramatically to the point where commentators were making reference to it regularly.

I interacted with him personally on 2 or 3 occasions. Once I remember was at the stadium where he was ripping the **** out of Parkie. I was introduced as the "internet guy" and he spent the next while talking about training and stuff and making the point that Parkie was the computer geek in their relationship and had everything from the games/training fired into his computer for comprehensive analysis. One of the other times was at the end of season supporters club do where he turned up at the Corriegarth and got the craic with a lot of fans. He lost his club blazer to 'The Fly' that night.

As a manager, I dont know - I dont think he had enough time in the SPL with ICT to show what he was capable of so he would be just as much of an unknown quantity as Brewster. If he could recreate his Div1 record then yes he would be good but if he carried on the way he started in 2004 then not so much !!!! There is no point in comparing his ICT record with his record at Hearts, Livi, County or anywhere else because each place had its own 'problems' to deal with that were not necessarily of his own making (a bit like Brewster if you give him at least some benefit of the doubt).

As DoF I believe he could bring players to ICT that we might not get otherwise purely because of his contacts and record as a player - Scottish International, Hearts legend etc, and I also believe that he might bring some much needed PR to the club as he seems to know how to handle fans and the media. The red flag for me - and I am maybe doing him a disservice - is wondering whether he could/would be his own man given the well publicised orion connection. I dont think Grassa is doing a bad job, and if you speak to him personally he will usually shoot from the hip ... none of this carefully prepared statement malarkey. If he does have a weakness, then maybe that is the lack of contacts that someone higher profile might have .....

Guest TinCanFan

Robertson made some great signings, when you think about it:

Darren Dods

Juanjo

Ian Black

David Proctor

Barry Wilson

Richard Hastings

Graham Bayne (I think)

Not bad really.

I know people have said the same with Brew but I just don't see the same connection with Dundee Utd.  He played for quite a few clubs, so would suspect his allegiance would be tainted.

Brewster is/was a Dundee Utd fan. That's what the lure was when they came calling.

I actually have more bad feeling about Paterson moving to Aberdeen than I have about Brewster or Robbo moving to DUFC or Hearts. At least in Brewster and Robbo's cases, they were moving to clubs where they were regarded as legends and to jobs they could quite legitimately call their "dream" jobs. Its a shame that in both cases the dreams were bad ones !

Guest awayupingorgie

robbo is a players and fans type of manager even when he left hearts he left with dignity no mud slinging no players fall outs

i think you guys were mad not to take him back but then i am just a tiuch biased on onother note dennis wyness was useless for us

untill robbo arrived he then became sensational for about 2 months scoring in europe and then premier league robbo got best out of

him might do same again and what about lee miller ?robbo got him on loan from bristol scored 17 goals in as many games got in scotland

squad brewster got him at utd binned to train with u19s(where you heard that before)freed him to dons and now he is there top man.cant

see robbo as dof type as he shoots from hip too but as said previously he has won things does play attacking football and does not fall

out with his players is that not what you guys have being saying you want  all of the above

I felt that Robbo had just started to work out how we should play in the SPL when he left. I don't think the results would have been too different had Robbo stayed and managed the club instead of Brewster. Would be an interesting option.

Can't see Butcher and Pressley leaving Scotland to come up here. Could we afford them?