Or merl that makes the wood to ring,

To me they hae nae other sound.

Chorus

7. Sweet the lav'rock's note and lang,

Lilting wildly up the glen;

And aye the o'erworld o' he sang,

"Will he no' come back again?"

Chorus

And all because Graham Bayne gave the ba' awa.

Guest WynessLegend

Personally I can think of absolutely nothing worse than having Christie back.

He's a nice enough man, just a little on the dim side.

Let's just remember him as an average second division player and a sh&t lottery

manager. It would be a shame to spoil those memories.

:018: got to disagree, whilst sometimes nostalgia can colour memories i don't think you can call CC an average player, he was very skillful in my opinion and has a lot of tools which suit him to manegement, perhaps he's not the full package yet but when he was in charge i enjoyed watching the football more - and that's almost as important as seeing your team win, infact maybe more so - i'd rather see a good 90 minutes of great football that we narrowly lose that 90 minutes like i watched at tynecastle last weekend - even if we had somehow won that game it would still have been dire to watch

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  POT - KETTLE - BLACK

:018: got to disagree, whilst sometimes nostalgia can colour memories i don't think you can call CC an average player, he was very skillful in my opinion and has a lot of tools which suit him to manegement, perhaps he's not the full package yet but when he was in charge i enjoyed watching the football more - and that's almost as important as seeing your team win, infact maybe more so - i'd rather see a good 90 minutes of great football that we narrowly lose that 90 minutes like i watched at tynecastle last weekend - even if we had somehow won that game it would still have been dire to watch

Agree on all counts.

Agree on all counts.

I have to agree with you!!

Charlie Christie was a brilliant servant for ICT in our march up the leagues, and could easily have made it at a higher level if he had possessed more ambition as a young man.

Unfortunatly he didn't really cut it as a manager. I think some people have distorted memories as we certainly didn't play better football with him at the helm, it was long ball most of the time. Far more so than now. He singled out Bayne as a key player in his system on numerous occasions, at times selecting him ahead of Wyness and even Dargo. :017:

During his tenure standards of professinalism dropped, and fitness levels plummeted as evidenced on the park when we let diddy teams boss us late on. The Partick Thistle debacles were a case in point. He didn't really do anything on the signings front either. He signed Counties 2 outstanding players but that was a no-brainer which didn't require much imagination.

If he fancies another craic at managment he should find a highland league job and work his way up the ladder from there. It's all about ambition. If he wants to make it he will have to leave his comfort zone, something he was unwilling to do as a player.

Christie IMHO was probably the most skillful player we ever had. I applaud the fact ( :clapping03: see I told you) that when he left Celtic, he came back to Caley rather than a lower SFL club, where he could have no doubt made it.

I also think he was a good coach, although his lack of Dods replacement counts against him.  I'd certainly prefer him to the current manager but my ideal situation would be either Christie or Pele as assistant (or even the duo as a management team).  No problem about players or managers coming back.  Just depends which ones!

If he wants to make it he will have to leave his comfort zone, something he was unwilling to do as a player.

nice assessment

I can see where you are coming from, but remember he did leave his "comfort zone" to take over as manager when he had a safe job in the commercial department at the club. He should be applauded for that. He wasn't ready as a manager, a few years at a lower division club would have prepared him for the role. I still think CC will one day be a successful manager.

And you're not bitter!

Guest WynessLegend

And you're not bitter!

Correct, I'm not bitter.

To tell you the truth I can't imagine what you think I'd feel bitter about.

I just think Christie was a hopeless manager.

I was delighted when he saw the sense to resign

and I find it unbelievable that anyone hoping that ICT could progress

would entertain the thought of giving him a second chance.

Let him learn his trade in the Highland League.