FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Annual Accounts Released

kencar

I would hope that this swing is caused by a number of one-off items rather than being part of a trend. I know we didn't have a cup run last season but surely sensible and prudent budgeting would assume this to be the case. It is possible that the board budgeted to maintain our top 8 finishes and thus we lose out on ?80k or whatever it is per place but there is a hell of a lot more to this as this would have been offset by Rankin's transfer.

I did note in the chairman's report that the cash outflo was ?62k. Although fairly reasonable I'm a bit worried as this was offset by the ?290k of new shares issued. Without this we would have made a cash loss of ?350k. Niculae's wages did not take up this so where did it go. Profits don't mean jack because with no cash we're fecked.

I haven't seen a full set of accounts for a few years as the club only file abbreviated versions at co's house so it would be interesting if someone could post the P & L and balance sheet once the accounts are sent to shareholders.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a small profit next year however with the Niculae Euro 2008 cash, his transfer fee and losing a couple of higher earners like Wyness and Bayne as well as having Rankin off the wage bill for the whole year. I would be surprised if the new recruits are on as much as these senior players.

I really think the club are missing a trick with non-football income streams (e.g. Elton John, business conferences) and this needs to be pushed and publicised as this can help offset a bad year such as this.

The club must address the central issue of attracting more people to watch our games. The crowds for the first two home games at the TCS have been, to put it mildly, disappointing. The more people who attend games the more people likely to buy merchandise, half-time refreshments, etc. We must be forward thinking in terms of marketing the club - look at the likes of Man Utd, Rangers, Celtic it's all about marketing there. Some fresh and perhaps more importantly some imaginative thinking required.

Should the directors be running the club for free or should they collect an emolument?

?46996 in the last financial year!

neksor

Edited by neksor

Does that figure not also include expenses. Dont know cos I haven't seen the report yet.

No....Emoluments are a taxable income and would not include expenses which will be listed elsewhere in the accounts.

If that statement sounds familiar it's because I told you the same thing last year :rotflmao:

Does that figure not also include expenses. Dont know cos I haven't seen the report yet.

No....Emoluments are a taxable income and would not include expenses which will be listed elsewhere in the accounts.

If that statement sounds familiar it's because I told you the same thing last year :rotflmao:

I thought they were teenagers who dye their hair black and think about commiting suicide all day.

Another year older another step towards senility :thumb04: