How much time left.

Guest Mahonio

Gee Whiz!! According to you guys we are sinking fast!

13th September we were 6th in the league and Dundee United were bottom in 12th place(and no doubt you were all complaining on here that we were not in the top 3 and the equivalent 'fans' on the united site would have been calling for their managers head !!)

Dundee United are now in 4th place and we are in 10th place - 4 points behind. Hardly a reason for sacking the manager in my opinion.

I just hope the sack him brigade are not on jury duty if I am ever up in court!

I am NOT a Brew fan but I am an ICT fan and realise that in this years league, movement up and down the league will be more in evidence than normal, as each team seems to be able to take points off each other. Makes for an added degree of excitement with 8 teams bunched up together.

Time left - until more than 4 points separate us from fourth place!!

Bring on the HUNS!!

Guest onlyonedougieimre

He should go...NOW!! Before his second spell, the old Sheffield Untied manager, steven Warnock, Admited he was interested in the job and would take a HUGE pay cut to join. Yet we get brewster instead!!!

Any sense in that?? i think not

Mariusgate is over

Unless Marius has decided to wave the money he believes he is due by ICT then I would say that it is far from over. The unanswered questions and ongoing silence only serve suggest that things have gone beyond dick measuring contests in the press and into the hands of the courts/authorities.

Had things been sorted/cleared up then the press would have been on to it and we'd have seen stories of either "ICT forced to honour contract", "Marius left short changed" or something along those lines. If they're going to pick up on the fact he was stopped for a minor speeding offence, you can be sure they aren't going to miss something like this.

I have no "inside" info and I have not been "gagged", the above is just my view/feel for the current situation.

Anyway, back to the topic in hand.........

We have 6 games in November, and if we aren't showing any signs of positive change in that time then I fail to see how the club could merit giving Brewster any more time. It's all fair and well to make excuses on the basis that he has a plan and he needs time to execute it, but the plan has to be sound in the first place and we have to be seeing signs that it is starting to bare fruit and things are moving in the right direction. Right now, I've not seen anything to suggest we are any better off now, or are turning in better, more consistent performances than we did on day 1 of the season, and that's the main reason I think we need to be giving serious consideration to changing the man in charge.

i agree with your point CaleyD, but my point is people taking topics and ending up with Mariusgate when we are discussing CB

anyway back on topic again, lol

:rotflmao: I was wondering how much longer fans would like Craig Brester to be given to sort this MESS up.

I say sack him asap but that is only my opinion which some fans might not agree with. He has been in game long enough to know that management is a results based business. His results at United were poor to say the least and he paid the price there so why not here!! Is it that Eddie Thompson was passionate about DUFC and couldn't put up any longer and that our board are not as passionate or is it a money problem?

Whatever it is my opinion is GET RID SOON, it worked for DUFC and look at them now.

Try not to criticise to much eh. :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol:

Back on topic.

The big difference is that Utd were able to bring in a manager of the calibre of Levein, who had proven SPL experience and a good record in charge of Hearts. I don't think we're necessarily going to attract a manager with the same pedigree - I certainly can't think of an obvious replacement and no-one who has been mentioned on other threads convinces me. If we were to get rid of Brewster now and didn't get out of the position we are in, would we be calling for the head of the manager come June? That's always a bad route to go down - Utd and Aberdeen were a mess for years when they kept changing managers.

I'm not a fan of Brewster's tactics or man management and the second half on Tuesday was one of the worst displays I've seen from an ICT side, but I don't think he's been too bad in the transfer market and I'm not sure we can blame him too mucn for the lack of depth in the squad. The bid for McPake was a good one, but Livi were never going to sell and if they had been willing to, there were better offers on the table for him. Likewise, the attempt to bring Dods back in was a good move that was rejected by Utd. As for the experienced striker that people keep talking of, who is out there that we could realistically get? I think the best suggestion I've read recently was Scotty's idea of trying to get Kenny Deuchar on loan, and even he hasn't really proven himself at SPL level. I do think, however, that Wyness and Hart could have made a difference to the team recently and I guess Brewster must take some of the blame for letting them go.

I'm genuinely undecided about Brewster. Although there have been some very poor games, I've seen good team performances this season (Aberdeen and Falkirk in the league) which suggested to me that we have the makings of a team that could put in another solid performance in the SPL if we can put a run together. The problem is, practically the same line up has gone out the following week and performed miserably. Is the inconsistency purely down to Brewster? I don't know. I just feel that history shows that clubs that change managers due to fan pressure or panic after a bad run rarely do well - especially clubs that may struggle to attract a manager of significantly better quality.

Edited to add: Just refreshed my memories of a couple of posts - Winters, if available, could be an interesting move - certainly has the experience, but he could be a right lazy turd at Aberdeen; Steven Milne is also a good shout, but didn't we already show interest and get a knock-back?

Edited by alternative maryhill

If we lose 2 weeks in a row you are cut a drift, and we will lose 2 weeks in a row. I want him out on the back of last seasons rubbish and now this. How can anyone say we are ok? We have won one home game this season despite playing St Midden and Hamilscum. Oh but I forgot, we beat Aberdeen so that is alright! Do the right thing Brewster and walk.