FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hibernian -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought caley were fantastic, well done lads. i thought our midfield were superb and esson was brilliant. what a player vigurs is, he controlled that midfield, for a twenty year old he has so much class and composure, he and blackie are my centre midfield duo. i thought blackie was on top form again. we're going to struggle to keep these players.

same again on wed please.

Whoa boys - Hibs controlled the first 20-30 minutes - our goal changed the game - and we got the roll of the dice for once and we desreved it - but Brew was playing a mighty strange midfield system before the goal and changed it afterwards - before the goal Vigurs was practically the holding player and was doing a Royster impersonation - after the goal Duncan went back into the hole - Vigurs was given more freedom and excelled himself.

IF Hibs had scored first - well - but lets not dwell on IF's. :rotflmao:

Whether Hibs confidence flagged or not the thing I am most happy about is that it gave ICT a boost in confidence and self-belief.I was a bit concerned at the end when they scored though. Nervous like . Smile.

That can, and will, be carried over to the next match I hope. And every journey (upwards) starts with one step.

C'mon Caley Thistle.

Just watched the Beeb highlights...

Corking second goal from the Cowie Imrie buildup to Blackies superb execution. The way Imrie ran across taking teh defenders with him was the mark of a footballer. Blackie will be in demand soon.

Great save by Esson, not quite sure how he did it, though. Strange penalty as from my PC it looked like Nish tripped up Hastings in a kind of judo tackle. Hard to tell from the edit though.

That Bamba is a bit slick though. Mind you Hibs have always looked good going forward, but frequently flatter to deceive.

Looking forward to Wednesday, for a change.

Just watched the Beeb highlights...

Corking second goal from the Cowie Imrie buildup to Blackies superb execution. The way Imrie ran across taking teh defenders with him was the mark of a footballer. Blackie will be in demand soon.

Great save by Esson, not quite sure how he did it, though. Strange penalty as from my PC it looked like Nish tripped up Hastings in a kind of judo tackle. Hard to tell from the edit though.

That Bamba is a bit slick though. Mind you Hibs have always looked good going forward, but frequently flatter to deceive.

Looking forward to Wednesday, for a change.

That Bamba is a bit slick though.

Lol

Bamba was Hibs best player.

Aye, thought Nish conned the ref a bit by falling over and dragging Hastings down with him, making it seem like he was pushed.

My Hibs supporting workmate seemed to think otherwise however :rotflmao:

Aye, thought Nish conned the ref a bit by falling over and dragging Hastings down with him, making it seem like he was pushed.

My Hibs supporting workmate seemed to think otherwise however :rotflmao:

Have to say, my Hibee flatmates are convinced Nish pulled Cowie over. They said there was no way it was a penalty.

To my jaundiced eye we've picked up a result in spite of Brewster and Thomson rather than thanks to them. It'll take more than a couple of changes and a result which could easily have been a draw to erase the patchy record, unfathomable substitutions (or lack thereof), obvious bafflement in the dugout when things go wrong, and failure to do anything to stop the rot on the way to a 5-0 first-half deficit. When either of them looks like they have a scooby how to change the game in our favour rather than just hit-and-hope, then I'll have a re-think.

That apart [edit, cos I'm beginning to sound like a proper sour old bugger], well done to the guys who stepped up to the mark and got a massive result in a hard fixture :rotflmao:

Edited by 4ize