FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Elvis

Naelifts

Surely the Elvis situation is now promoted to this forum as it has become apparent that this is no longer a rumour. The club are in touch and an approach has been made. A formidable centre back and leader (how is Granty going to react to that/or will he replace Granty on the park?) it remains to be seen whether he is interested.

Could he shore us up at the back? That would only leave the dugout, the midfield and the forward line to sort out.

Progress indeed!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feck me I'm all shook up. Could be Any Day Now. Baby I dont care. I am going to be crying in the chapel if the Big Boss Man goes. But he could be a devil in disguise or do you say Dont be cruel. Oh well I suppose when Fools rush in Froggy went a courtin. I would like this thread to be gentle on my mind and get my mojo working and to help me through the night in Heartbreak Hotel. This could be the Impossible Dream so Im so lonesome I could cry.

Love me Tender and Return to sender.

Feck me I'm all shook up. Could be Any Day Now. Baby I dont care. I am going to be crying in the chapel if the Big Boss Man goes. But he could be a devil in disguise or do you say Dont be cruel. Oh well I suppose when Fools rush in Froggy went a courtin. I would like this thread to be gentle on my mind and get my mojo working and to help me through the night in Heartbreak Hotel. This could be the Impossible Dream so Im so lonesome I could cry.

Love me Tender and Return to sender.

What you on about??????

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Struggl...l-to.4837891.jp

INVERNESS Caledonian Thistle manager Craig Brewster has made former Scotland captain Steven Pressley an offer to continue his career in the SPL, and the defender could make his debut for the Highland club against Rangers on Sunday.

Pressley had received an offer to play in Switzerland earlier in the week, and several lower-league English clubs had also expressed an interest in signing the 35-year-old.

But the former Hearts stalwart, who has been a free agent since leaving Danish Superliga club Randers FC when their campaign ended last month, would prefer to stay in Scotland.

Pressley's last competitive match was for Randers on 7 December, but Celtic manager Gordon Strachan has allowed him to use the club's training complex at Lennoxtown to keep himself fit.

Scotland manager George Burley surprised many by appointing Pressley to the national team's coaching staff when he replaced Alex McLeish last year, but the veteran has always stressed that he wants to keep playing for as long as possible.

Brewster is anxious to shore up a rearguard which has leaked 11 goals in their last four games, and he hopes Pressley's experience and organisational skills will stiffen them up at the back after five successive defeats.

Inverness are hopeful that Pressley will be training with them tomorrow, and it is believed that Pressley may also be offered a coaching post as part of the deal to tempt him north.

So... Are we expected to believe that Brewster's offered Elvis a coaching role with this offer??

That's if there ever was an offer...

We know that, to his credit, Elvis has real trouble being a yes man, so that will be one to watch.

As a player, he will have a lot to offer, and could be the Mann/Dods we have been looking for these last few seasons working with Granty in the middle. However, at 35 we should continue shopping, as without a doubt his performances wil wain. Whether this gives us enough time for the young chaps to come through, I dunno.

I a good move by the club and i also feel Brew had nothing to do with it.

I think that the reason for this is so that if Brew keeps failing miserably we can automically ask Pressely to take over without having to pay compensation to any other club he may have moved to. As well as the fact that if we sacked Brew after the transfer window closes Pressely would not be able to play for us until the summer so we get him now before another club does.

And surely Pressely must automatically replace proctor in the startin line-up alongside Munro but with Brew that makes me fear for Tokely's position in the team.

In Brew's words, Grassa does the negotiations. Grassa is an expert on fixing windows and now it is open he will fix it.

GRASSA,S FAR FROM EXPERT AT FIXING WINDOWS,SO WONT HOLD MY BREATH ON TRANSFER NEGOTATIONS EITHER,it usually takes us at least 5 days when linked with a player to signing him,why do they think it will take less than 2 for elvis

Inverness are hopeful that Pressley will be training with them tomorrow, and it is believed that Pressley may also be offered a coaching post as part of the deal to tempt him north.

why has elvis been offered a coaching role when barry wilson wasnt to keep him,surely elvis is more of a threat in that role??

Airdrie have also approached him, with a player/coach role

maybe the lure of the central belt will win over sneck?

His better day's are well and truely past him but he could be a decent signing in terms of leadership and experience. He's an Elgin lad as well so strictly speaking he is not to far away from home. Could prove to be a good capture should we get him.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I heard via Grasser Bennett that if we lose our next 2 games(Gers, Partick) that Brew will resign and Pressley will take charge. This was a quote on Hogmanay so will be interesting to see how things develop. I hope we don't lose to Partick but at least get a draw but that would be enough I reckon. The pressure on Brew would be to great I think.

I can imagine Brew may well have been behind this. He knows how poor defensively we've been. If Pressley does well as player/defensive coach then it's good for Brew too. Steven is not a yes man but he's not a natural rebel either. In fact, quite the opposite. Being successful does mean Brew sticking around. Much as I didn't like the way he came back to the club, I won't cut off my nose to spite my face. If he - and he hasn't so far - learns from his mistakes, all well and good. Proof is in the pudding, so I won't hold my breath (and any other cliches you can think of!)

So our manager leaves and we bring in someone with absolutely no experience, would be suicide. Mind you with our board anything is possible........

[/quote

Im only passing on what I heard. I don't actually think it would be the way forward bringing Pressley into take over from Brew. Perhaps teaming up with Robbo or Trail is an option but I think more importantly he would add experience to our defence which is seriously devoid of confidence right now.

I share that very same fear PiG, this stinks of some playmaking on the part of the Board to try and get themselves out of this mess without having to invest in someone with at least some experience in management.

I can see it now, Pressley comes in and calms the "we need a sold centre back" shouts of the fans, we get humped on Sunday and Brewster is sacked/walks and he (Pressley) gets the caretakers job till the end of the season with Shearer by his side, or even a role reversal....at which point his deal is extended if we survive and cut short if we don't.

The excuse for not looking elsewhere for a manager will be that we spent available funds in the Transfer Window and simply can't afford to pay compensation to bring an experienced manager in.

And all the while John Robertson, who is available immediately and who we wouldn't have to pay compensation for is overlooked.

The Board are playing a very dangerous game in order to try and save face and cover their erses, and worst of all, they think we're stupid enough so as not to see right through it.