FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Supporters Trust Meeting

CaleyD

As Don said above - this is one time/area where the supporters must try to speak with one voice so it is heard LOUD and CLEAR and the Supporters Trust is the best way to do this. (Do you take PayPal ? - serious question)

Not quite yet, but I have asked if this can be set up. If it not going to be available in the short term, I'm happy to process some payments via my own paypal account. I'll get back to you tomorrow with a definite answer.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As Don said above - this is one time/area where the supporters must try to speak with one voice so it is heard LOUD and CLEAR and the Supporters Trust is the best way to do this. (Do you take PayPal ? - serious question)

Not quite yet, but I have asked if this can be set up. If it not going to be available in the short term, I'm happy to process some payments via my own paypal account. I'll get back to you tomorrow with a definite answer.

Thanks LG - I have suggested the same thing to the centenary club - its a bit of a no brainer IMHO - safe, secure and versatile for those of us outside the UK with little overhead in terms of organisation and a cost that can be covered by adding the small charge to the buyer fee.

if you can organise something on your own paypal, we have built in a hack to the system that allows us to automatically add a paypal button to the thread !!!!

I see the meeting as having 2 potential purposes.

1. Talk to the Trust Members and ask them how they would like the Trust to proceed...in effect a green light from the members for the board to take positive action on behalf of the Trust as a whole.

2. As shareholders have been invited then I imagine that we'll have some kind of discussion about what joint action shareholders can and should perhaps be taking on order to bring about/force the much needed change.

I don't think it's wise to try and pre-empt what action might be suggested or agreed upon, that's a decision for those at the meeting, or with representatives at the meeting to make. It's abundantly clear that the Trust are listening to the fans and that the board share the view that changes is needed, and we just have to trust that they will be seeking to uphold those views as best they can.

If you, or anyone else, wishes to give your thoughts on what should or should not be done then I suggest you join the Trust (if you're not already a member) and attend the meeting.

I would also urge anyone who is perhaps a Trust Member or a Shareholder but can't attend to arrange to have a Proxy attend and act on their behalf. I'm more than willing to assist with that, or you can contact the Supporters Trust yourself and instruct them of your wishes.

We can all stand at the side and shout our views, we can come away with "what's the point" statements or cast accusation on the Trust/Shareholders about what they may or may not be willing/able to achieve....but unless your willing to step forward and take the simple action of joining the Trust or becoming a shareholder then when it comes to "formal" action, the clubs Board have no reason whatsoever to give you so much as the time of day.

As I said earlier in the thread, I don't see this as a move which replaces the need for the fans to show their discontent at games or on the forums etc, I see it as approaching the issue from another angle, an angle which cannot be ignored no matter how much the Club Board want to bury their head in the sand, and it will be made all the more effective if the fans get behind the Trust and the Shareholders and support it as much as they can.

I know what I hope will come from the meeting, and I also know that unless I am there to put those ideas forward or support it if someone else puts it forward then it matters not a jot what I want. Now is not the time for sitting back and hoping someone else takes care of things...if we want change we all have to do our bit, there's no room for apathy.

What is this meeting going to discuss? It sounds as though everyone is going to get together at Fairways and agree that they want Brewster sacked.

and perhaps agree on a co-ordinated course of action if the board cannot or will not do that ........

I see the meeting as having 2 potential purposes.

1. Talk to the Trust Members and ask them how they would like the Trust to proceed...in effect a green light from the members for the board to take positive action on behalf of the Trust as a whole.

2. As shareholders have been invited then I imagine that we'll have some kind of discussion about what joint action shareholders can and should perhaps be taking on order to bring about/force the much needed change.

I don't think it's wise to try and pre-empt what action might be suggested or agreed upon, that's a decision for those at the meeting, or with representatives at the meeting to make. It's abundantly clear that the Trust are listening to the fans and that the board share the view that changes is needed, and we just have to trust that they will be seeking to uphold those views as best they can.

If you, or anyone else, wishes to give your thoughts on what should or should not be done then I suggest you join the Trust (if you're not already a member) and attend the meeting.

I would also urge anyone who is perhaps a Trust Member or a Shareholder but can't attend to arrange to have a Proxy attend and act on their behalf. I'm more than willing to assist with that, or you can contact the Supporters Trust yourself and instruct them of your wishes.

We can all stand at the side and shout our views, we can come away with "what's the point" statements or cast accusation on the Trust/Shareholders about what they may or may not be willing/able to achieve....but unless your willing to step forward and take the simple action of joining the Trust or becoming a shareholder then when it comes to "formal" action, the clubs Board have no reason whatsoever to give you so much as the time of day.

As I said earlier in the thread, I don't see this as a move which replaces the need for the fans to show their discontent at games or on the forums etc, I see it as approaching the issue from another angle, an angle which cannot be ignored no matter how much the Club Board want to bury their head in the sand, and it will be made all the more effective if the fans get behind the Trust and the Shareholders and support it as much as they can.

I know what I hope will come from the meeting, and I also know that unless I am there to put those ideas forward or support it if someone else puts it forward then it matters not a jot what I want. Now is not the time for sitting back and hoping someone else takes care of things...if we want change we all have to do our bit, there's no room for apathy.

I for one totally agree with what Don says above, whether you think the Trust have been effective in the past or not is not the issue here,in my opinion the trust have made the right decision in calling this meeting and all those that are not happy with the current situation should join the trust and attend the meeting.

Can't understand why, if the Trust are really interested in our views, it is necessary to join them in order to express those views. Why not just have an open meeting where any fan can have a say regardless of membership of any organisation? I joined them at the first meeting when the Trust was set up but I haven't been back since and have not renewed my membership. I WILL rejoin if that is the only way I can attend but I will also expect a decent cup of tea for my ?10.

weeStie, nobody has been more vocal in the past about "closed" meetings of the Trust than I have, but in reality I would not expect this to be an open meeting as it could very well result in discussion and votes which are "Trust Business" - i.e. How does the membership wish the Board to act should certain things happen and are they happy with the Board taking a certain stance or using the Trusts Shareholding in a specific way etc.

This is not a football forum or general chit chat as past meetings have been, so I think the Trust are quite right to operate it the way they are....in fact, it would become an impossible task to organise and control if they made it anything else.

I would also say that for the Trust to be taken seriously, they need as many members as possible and given that most Trusts are formed in times of crisis whereas ours was not, motivating people to join may have been a problem in the past.

It is far easier to be regarded as having some clout with 1000 members or 2000 members than if you only have 30, 50 or 100. [note: these numbers are just plucked from air - I have no clue about Trust membership numbers]

We havent always been complimentary about the Trust on here, but at this time of crisis it is time for us all to give them support so they can talk with a loud voice in what amounts to their first real test as a representative fan body.

Can't understand why, if the Trust are really interested in our views, it is necessary to join them in order to express those views. Why not just have an open meeting where any fan can have a say regardless of membership of any organisation? I joined them at the first meeting when the Trust was set up but I haven't been back since and have not renewed my membership. I WILL rejoin if that is the only way I can attend but I will also expect a decent cup of tea for my ?10.

Tight git.... its only a tenner and you can have 2 custard creams..

Just arrived home from Southampton where I was on holiday for Christmas and New Year.

Not really a tight git - just an old cynic! I am a member of the Supporters club and I do attend many away games, so it's not a case of how much financial commitment I make but how I feel about the organisation and how it is run. BUT - since I have such strong feelings with regard to how the club is dealing with the present crisis and I feel it is essential we present a united front, so I shall attend and, as stated, rejoin if necessary. I have also been requested by another member toact as his proxy!

CD - out of interest, is the trust run by a Board or a Committee?

I'm a shareholder, not part of the supporters trust though. How do I sign up?

if you're a shareholder of the football club you're very welcome to attend. if you wish to become a member of the supporters trust, there will be application forms available on the night.

Unfortunately, despite being a paid up member of the Trust, I will be unable to attend the scheduled meeting next Wednesday evening. However, I wish to make a few points, as I believe this meeting may have more than one agenda, ie

1. The members of the Trust wish to ascertain the views of their members in regard to the current league position of the Club - yes.

2. Only members of the Trust, at this meeting may speak or vote - is this not an indirect, veiled, way of trying to increase membership? Surely those attending the meeting could listen and then make up their minds if membership of the Trust is worth ?10 a year?

3. The Trust should put their own house in order at the same time as trying to advise the Club about theirs - eg my Trust membership newsletter arrived today, 3rd January 2009, in the same post as my membership card for 2008/2009, despite payment for same being made in October 2008. Mid-way through the season is not the time for membership cards to be received - a very poor show.

As a member of the Trust I see the Trust giving monetary support to the Football Club, to youth groups, ballboys, etc which, despite all being extremely worthwhile, are a bit exclusive (or is that inclusive?) and leaves the ordinary "common or garden" supporter thinking what really is the point of the Trust and what does it do really for the man/woman in the Stands? As a very long time ICT fan and season ticket holder, I attend almost all away games but seldom, if ever, see any member of the Trust committee in attendance - likely due to work/family commitments but - I have the same commitments and manage to adjust my schedule/money accordingly to support my beloved ICT.

I do hope the meeting on Wednesday night is productive and not entirely destructive but, from some of the posts, I am not very hopeful. Remember, fans, its Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club we support and the main objective of the meeting must be for the good of the Club at all times.

Unfortunately, despite being a paid up member of the Trust, I will be unable to attend the scheduled meeting next Wednesday evening. However, I wish to make a few points, as I believe this meeting may have more than one agenda, ie

1. The members of the Trust wish to ascertain the views of their members in regard to the current league position of the Club - yes.

2. Only members of the Trust, at this meeting may speak or vote - is this not an indirect, veiled, way of trying to increase membership? Surely those attending the meeting could listen and then make up their minds if membership of the Trust is worth ?10 a year?

3. The Trust should put their own house in order at the same time as trying to advise the Club about theirs - eg my Trust membership newsletter arrived today, 3rd January 2009, in the same post as my membership card for 2008/2009, despite payment for same being made in October 2008. Mid-way through the season is not the time for membership cards to be received - a very poor show.

As a member of the Trust I see the Trust giving monetary support to the Football Club, to youth groups, ballboys, etc which, despite all being extremely worthwhile, are a bit exclusive (or is that inclusive?) and leaves the ordinary "common or garden" supporter thinking what really is the point of the Trust and what does it do really for the man/woman in the Stands? As a very long time ICT fan and season ticket holder, I attend almost all away games but seldom, if ever, see any member of the Trust committee in attendance - likely due to work/family commitments but - I have the same commitments and manage to adjust my schedule/money accordingly to support my beloved ICT.

I do hope the meeting on Wednesday night is productive and not entirely destructive but, from some of the posts, I am not very hopeful. Remember, fans, its Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club we support and the main objective of the meeting must be for the good of the Club at all times.

Lizi, I think it's probably best that if you have points you want raising at the meeting then you have someone attend on your behalf (a proxy) or contact the Trust through one of the official channels.

This thread is for information and general discussion of the Press Release and not an official or formal means for people (members or otherwise) to put forward discussion points for the meeting.

Thanks LG - I have suggested the same thing to the centenary club - its a bit of a no brainer IMHO - safe, secure and versatile for those of us outside the UK with little overhead in terms of organisation and a cost that can be covered by adding the small charge to the buyer fee.

if you can organise something on your own paypal, we have built in a hack to the system that allows us to automatically add a paypal button to the thread !!!!

Supporters Trust paypal is now set up, just waiting for the confirmation of the bank details before we can use it. The holidays have obviously held it up but it should be available in a day or two. Meantime if anyone want to use my own one, just PM me and I'll give you the details.

Membership cards will be available on Wednesday night or posted out within a couple of days. We did have a bit of a delay in sending out cards, but that was in the ordering of the cards which only arrived at the end of last week and were sent out immediately.

Membership form also available to download from the first post on this thread.

Lizi, I don't want to go into the details of your post on this thread, but I can assure you this is no recruitment drive. On this occasion we felt that a meeting of the Trust membership along with our fellow shareholders would be the best way to go. We regularly represent the fans (members or not) at our frequent meetings with the Football Club, this situation is a little different and needs to be handled appropriately. I will take your comments to our usual board meeting tomorrow and respond directly to keep this thread on topic.

Lizi, I think it's probably best that if you have points you want raising at the meeting then you have someone attend on your behalf (a proxy) or contact the Trust through one of the official channels.

This thread is for information and general discussion of the Press Release and not an official or formal means for people (members or otherwise) to put forward discussion points for the meeting.

CaleyD/Scotty, if the trust members don't have an online media for communications other than email could CTO not allow them a password protected forum? (for a nominal fee of course)

Supporters Trust paypal is now set up, just waiting for the confirmation of the bank details before we can use it. The holidays have obviously held it up but it should be available in a day or two. Meantime if anyone want to use my own one, just PM me and I'll give you the details.

Alternatively send cheques payable to cash to 5thStand. :018:

LG can you PM me your bank details please dont forget the 3 digit code on the back of the card :rotflmao:

Seriously though send your details and I'll join, won't make the meeting though but I'm sure there's a few on here who will represent my views by proxy. :thumb04: