FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Refs

Fanoffooty

I am gutted & totally p!ssed off

A lots been said over the last few days about how the Central belt teams hate coming up here , i would say it applies a lot to refs too !

How many games have we watched over the season where its been blatently obvious who's side theyre on ?

Like today the ref gave us nothing :huh: & that linesman was atrocious !!!

How many agree ?

I am gutted & totally p!ssed off

A lots been said over the last few days about how the Central belt teams hate coming up here , i would say it applies a lot to refs too !

How many games have we watched over the season where its been blatently obvious who's side theyre on ?

Like today the ref gave us nothing :huh: & that linesman was atrocious !!!

How many agree ?

I agree....

That thought crossed my mind when the red card was shown....

Me and I am a ref. I have no sympathy for these guys as they blatantly do not give us decisions. I feel sorry for those who genuinely make a mistake but this is just beyond a joke.

All the SFA prat on about is how difficult a job it is. I do it trust me it isn't that hard and i am on my own no assistants, no 4th official, no tchnical equipment none of that. The refereeing standard is so poor and the only ones actually capable of refereeing in the SPL are Craig Thompson and Dougie McDonald.

Like i said in another thread:

ICT 0-1 Falkirk (Lionel SENT OFF)

Falkirk 4-0 ICT (Esson SENT OFF)

ICT 0-1 Falkirk (Tokely SENT OFF)

Thats our last 3 games against Falkirk. Anyone else thinking about that????

It's not refereeing decisions that are resposible for our relegation.

So the refs never had a part in our relegation??? Guess you've being drinking :huh:

Cant remember everygame this season but i know for a fact that alot of fans on this forum will say that the refs has gone with the central belt team and they have taken the points off us

The referee was fairly atrocious. How many times did Barr get away with climbing over Foran? However, he also should have sent off Blackie for an horrendous challenge and the only reason he didn't brandish a red was because Rosscoe had been sent off a couple of minutes beforehand.

Guest WynessLegend

Yes, some decisions have been frustrating this season ......................

but isn't it the case that the Ref is ALWAYS crap when you lose?

Yes, some decisions have been frustrating this season ......................

but isn't it the case that the Ref is ALWAYS crap when you lose?

The game yesterday how did the ref and linesman not see the push Foran got in the back from a falkirk player

I have said this for ages, especially this year. Have rang Radio Scotland after at least 6 home games about the terrible standard of refs. Sometimes they have been plain awful, but thats for both sides, However there has been many occassions where it has been so blatant that they arent giving us decisions. How many times when you watch a live game do you get loud ironic cheers when the ref finally gets one right. Well seems to happen at the TCS every second game. This also comes onto our discipline, how frustrated do you get when someone you work with keeps doing it wrong, again and again. Sometimes you do lose it a bit, even if it is just for seconds. We seem to get more bookings in the league than any other team committing the same amout of fouls, why is that, as we aint a particularly dirty team. Are we just not experienced enough ( as they describe an obvious dive to win a free kick or penalty, like Saturday ) ANY CONECTION WITH POOR REFS DO YOU THINK? However the point I was going to make is refs dont lose you games, but sometimes they certainly do not help. Think it was Bullen who blatantly pushed Foran in the box, but ref WAS not able to see the push from his position, bugt the assistant linesman should. Bet it would be given to the home teams at most of the other grounds around the spl. I always think fair enuff if you lose and dont deserve anything, but to lose partly to poor ref decisions is hard to take. Sometimes in a season the decisions even them selves out, but they didnt for us this year

Isn't the standard of refereeing throughout Scottish football utterly atrocious though ? We are just one of many victims of really shockingly bad match officials. What is being done to improve standards ? Precisely nothing.

ICT 0-1 Falkirk (Lionel SENT OFF)

ICT 0-1 Falkirk (Tokely SENT OFF)

Both of them are stonewall red cards. Like Weirs foul at Ibrox when we won there. Both Djebi Zadi and Tokely got themselves into ridiculous positions when defending and paid the price when they hauled the man down.