FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Setanta (merged)

maimie

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest birdog

Bye Bye Killie as someone else said, league restructuring will be almost certain 2010/11 season, I suspect.

Bye Bye Killie as someone else said, league restructuring will be almost certain 2010/11 season, I suspect.
So we could be making a quicker return to the SPL than some may have predicted :015: !!!

So we could be making a quicker return to the SPL than some may have predicted :lol: !!!

How?

Cause we could get a place in the SPL :P

So we could be making a quicker return to the SPL than some may have predicted :lol: !!!

How?

The team that finished 2nd in the 1st division would get a call up before we would you would think. Maybe we would play them and whoever won goes up. Something along the lines of that.

How?

The team that finished 2nd in the 1st division would get a call up before we would you would think. Maybe we would play them and whoever won goes up. Something along the lines of that.

Still a posability :P

So we could be making a quicker return to the SPL than some may have predicted :P !!!

would you like to copy my msn chatlog and paste it on here because most of the saying you are coming out with are mine :P

Setanta sports 1 currently being shown free on freeview channel 34 don't know how long for tho

Damn it, i lost my remote control for my freeview. Its stuf fon smiletv2 :lol: don't ask, dont know :lol:

Kilmarnock wont be the onlt team to go. Maybe Hearts and Motherwell because i know there in finiancial difficult. I read it in the Daily Star, must be true :lol:

Scottish League: 3 clubs insolvent

Governance

Monday, 22 June 2009

Hamilton Academical, Hearts and Motherwell all considered insolvent according to Equifax.

Equifax, the financial information supplier, has said that it believes three of Scotland's top league football clubs are technically insolvent.

Related Articles

Equifax man to lead ACCIS

Rude awakening

Equifax: increase in fraudsters targeting SMEs

Speed of business failures slowing

Scottish insolvency tenders announced

Hearts and Hamilton Academical have been listed as insolvent as they would struggle if all their creditors came at once to demand the money they are owned.

Motherwell Football and Athletic Club Limited is a company voluntary arrangement, so automatically given zero points and insolvency rating.

St. Johnstone and St. Mirren are in the best possible financial health according to Equifax as they both scored 100% in their credit rating check.

Equifax is warning that some Scottish clubs could find it hard to source new funding, based on their current credit scores.

Despite preparing to splash the cash on new players, many of the top football clubs already owe more than the value of their assets. As such, Equifax External Affairs Director, Neil Munroe, believes this data could provide an important reality check for the clubs.

?Our Equifax ScoreCheck review of the SPL credit ratings certainly rings some warning bells about the Scottish clubs who could be facing financial difficulty for the next season. Not even Premiership football is safe from the recession if investors decide to withdraw funds.

?We have listed 3 clubs as insolvent because they would struggle if everyone came at once to ask for the money they owe. Of course, that is unlikely to happen, but like most other sectors of the UK economy it is likely to be a difficult year ahead for the nation?s favourite sport. Also, with the possibility of Setanta going into administration, the smaller clubs may find it increasingly difficult to make payments and remain solvent.?

St Mirren, despite narrowly avoiding relegation this season, achieves full marks (100) in its credit score along with newly promoted St Johnstone. However, although finishing the season third in the SPL, Hearts has a score of zero and is therefore listed as insolvent. Hamilton Academical also fared badly, scoring just two points. In general, the lower the score the more likely a business is to experience difficulty meeting its financial obligations.

When compared with English Premier League clubs, the performance of Clubs in the SPL is, however, quite positive. Just one team scored 100 ? Manchester United.

And 11 teams had such low scores that they are technically classed as insolvent.

I'm always a little cautious of gifts that come via someone elses misfortune, and whilst it will doubtless mean that there's going to be a few players looking for clubs if SPL teams are downsizing squads....where's the cost?

You can't just take a huge chunk of money out of the game at the highest level and not expect some kind of ripple effect further down the chain. If SPL clubs are scrambling for income from commercial ventures then are they going to be offering "more bang for the buck" or reduced rates to those who might otherwise invest further down the chain where it's normally cheaper....will SPL teams reduce ticket prices to try and attract bigger gates, taking neutrals away from lower league games......all the little things like that which don't immediately come to mind.

We might escape the worst of the potential "negatives" in those areas due to our geography, but I'm not going to be too quick to celebrate the SPL's loss as being some kind of saving grace for us as these things generally have a habit of coming back to bit you on the erse.

Guest birdog

I'm always a little cautious of gifts that come via someone elses misfortune

Two words...........

Mark Brown

Two words...........

Mark Brown

Would take him back in two minutes if it were me. Far better than anyone we have at the club.

Guest birdog

Two words...........

Mark Brown

Would take him back in two minutes if it were me. Far better than anyone we have at the club.

Doh! I was refering to the fact that we picked him up from the misfortunes of Motherwell at the time. :rolleyes:

My only concern about the Setanta collapse, is for the tasty chic that used to go around with the cameramen at games.

Don't worry SMEE. lol

She freelances, she has been seen doing her thing at the football when Sky have been covering games.

Edited by kiltarlity