FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Setanta (merged)

maimie

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cancelled too.

I don't expect them to survive in their current form, but even if the worst happens then it is likely that someone else will buy them or step in with a new TV deal. Although it won't be anywhere near as lucrative.

At least ICT are have already started cutting their cloth for life without TV money, whereas a few other clubs might get a shock. If I ran an SPL club I'd be very wary about making any good contract offers until later in the summer when the picture will be clear. (Which is more than can be said for Setanta's coverage).

I wonder... Is the parachute payment to be paid as a share of the money that Setanta pays; or is it to be paid directly by the SPL? I would have thought (and hope) it's the latter.

It's the same as for SPL prize money, ie Setanta pay the SPL for TV rights, the SPL pay the clubs.

I see we get the princely sum of ?50,000 as our final payment from Setanta for finishing last :021:

:allhail:

we can buy a new Andy Barrowman :025:

I see we get the princely sum of ?50,000 as our final payment from Setanta for finishing last :D

:rotflmao:

we can buy a new Andy Barrowman :D

Or help pay for the existing one. :(

Or pay off the current one :blink:

i'm thinking about cancelling mine, don't see much use in it now. But then again i never actually saw a caley game on setanta, so maybe it could be worth ?11 a month...

Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing. ICT are the only team I haven't seen live on Setanta :angry:

To be honest we're only talking about ?3 Million here, ?250,000 per club, and every club should be able to suffer that loss without sending them to the wall.....if they can't then they've learned nothing from similar past events and fans should be asking questions of the relevant Boards.

It's where things go from now on that is the real worry for SPL teams and if there's no/a vastly reduced TV income then we might not be the only ones from last year having to drastically scale back our squad!!!

For anybody cancelling,make sure you put it in writing,Setanta are renowed for the difficulty in cancelling subscriptions' i was a victim despite giving several weeks notice, they continued to deduct monthly's for 3 months before getting it resolved and forcing the issue to get reimbursed

probs cancelling Setanta....

Things look tough for clubs that are banking on the dosh if it disnae materialise come August....

SPL clubs in trouble

Their customer service was pretty decent when everything was handled from a single call centre operated by a Scottish company in Fife.

Then a couple of years ago, they moved the contract away from them and spread the work amongst a number of different companies (mainly in Ireland) and it all fell apart in a big way, getting them onto shows like Watchdog.

As I (now) understand the situation, ICT will be unaffected as we've received all the Setanta money we were due. The ?250,000 due to us is owed by the SPL and is not part of the Setanta deal, it is instead budgeted for from the Clydesdale Bank sponsorship money and should be there waiting for us...if not already paid.