FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rank Ict's Managers

Renegade

How would you rank all of ICT's managers? Keep in mind things like footballing style, signings etc. You can count Butcher as well if you want, even though he hasn't been in that long. For me (1 being the best, 6 being the worst) :

1 - Steve Paterson - Played great slinky football under him and made some excellent and extremely cheap signings in Mark Brown, Bobby Mann, Barry Robson and many many more.

2. - John Robertson - The football was alright under him and he also made some pretty good signings in Black and Juanjo. Also managed to get ICT promoted to the SPL.

3. - Terry Butcher - Even though he was boss when ICT were relegated there was no doubt there a real turnaround when he came in. Also made some decent signings in Foran, Kerr and Odhiambo in the space of about 3 days.

4. - Charlie Christie - Was alright but his post match interviews were painful to listen to. Nice man though.

5. - Craig Brewster - Was alright the first time round and was a great player in his day, but the second time round was a disaster. Playing Imrie and Cowie on the wrong sides, playing Proctor at centre-half, falling out with Black and Rankin, selling off Wilson and getting rid of Donald Park was ridiculous. The football was all hoof, hoof, hoof as well. Dreadful to watch and rather ineffective.

6. - Sergie Baltacha - Never saw ICT under him, but from what I gather the football was rather dull and he only lasted one season. Probably would've been sacked had he not left by "mutal agreement".

Rank ICT's managers?

ICT's rank managers :

Baltacha

Brewster

Very hard to put the others in order, I rated them all highly.

when i first seen the thread, thats the perception that i took on the word "rank" :lol:

1) Paterson - Amazing eye for talent, great football, great entertainment, great success. Left when we were top of division 1. Couldn't have asked for more.

2) Robertson - Carried on from the above but not quite as entertaining.

3) Brewster - Made some decent signings, improved fitness levels and professionalism, some spells of good football and success, but lost the plot in his final season.

4) Christie - Poor record in the transfer market, long ball football, blew a great chance to reach a cup final against a crappy Partick Thistle, bottled under pressure, left us rock bottom with zero points, below gretna.

5) Baltacha - Apparently he didn't have much to work with player-wise, but his philosophy of football was guff.

Too early to place Butcher.

Away mun. Say what you like about 10CC but he never played the long ball.

Also AF - I don't think Pele's time at Aberdeen tells you anything at all. He probably knew he was making a mistake but it was one of those career things that only comes along once in your life and with hindsight he will know he should have stayed - I don't think his heart was in it.

1. Paterson

2. Robertson

3. Christie

4. Butcher

5. Brewster

6. Baltacha

Despite his problems after he left us, I think Pele could have taken us up. How we would have fared is the million dollar question.

How can you put Baltacha below Brewster? He never got us relegated!!!

I'm averaging out the Pair of Brewsters!

If I was taking the two spells separately, then:

1. Paterson

2. Robertson

3. Christie

4. Brewster One

5. Butcher

6. Baltacha

7. Brewster Two

Unfortunately I think Brewster One was a mirage, never to be seen again. Good luck County :rolleyes:

5) Baltacha - Apparently he didn't have much to work with player-wise, but his philosophy of football was guff.

He was the most capped and successful player to ever play for us, but unfortunetly for him the success he had was built around the Kiev way of playing, which wasn't really suited to Scottish football. If he had been able to work with full time players then who knows?

Guest WynessLegend

1. Robbo, the double-winning legend

2. Pele, the double-drinking legend

Outside the top two things have been disappointing - although young Butcher shows a little promise.

3. Baltacha

4 Butcher

5. Brewster 1

6. Brewster 2

7. 10CC (never again)

1. Paterson (325 games - W152/D77/L96) - He has to be #1 just for the consistency and style of play he instilled in the team over his 7.5 seasons in charge. Incredible eye for bargain players who would fit in well with the squad and make the overall team stronger. Dont like how he left us but there is no doubting he was our best. His overall winning average was 46.1 % but even his worst season was 38.6% which is pretty good ! (assuming 33%/33%/33% as being average).

2. Robbo (82 games - W44/D11/L27) - 1 complete season with a 61% winning rate (and a championship and cup), with a half season on either side of the complete one. His overall winning % is well over 50% so he must have being doing something right and his popularity with the fans because he was passionate and would talk to them on the same level gets him my #2 spot. I would have taken him back ahead of Brewster the second time but that may have ended in tears too as his stats did tail off once we entered the SPL and although we can perhaps give allowances because we were adjusting to the SPL and they may have improved we will never know for sure.

3. Christie (63 games 21/17/25) - Charlie comes in next. He is quite rightly a club legend and absolutely no-one can question his passion for ICT or the fact he has done his best in a variety of roles within the club. His 42% winning rate when taking over from Brew was excellent and included that SPL record of winning the last 5 games without conceding a goal. His second season, statistically speaking was "average".

4. Brewster I (50 games - W17/D18/L15) - Brewster's first stint in charge was not that bad statistically. He completed two half seasons in his first stint and won as many as he lost. Many of us have said a lot of that is down to Brewster the Player but if he had not jumped ship for DUFC who knows whether his record may have improved (or not).

5. Butcher (17 games - W06/D05/L06) - Butcher has started well and if he sticks around for a while he may move up this very unscientific table but right now he cant be any higher than this as he has only been in charge for 17 games. Here's hoping he adds to the win column next season !

6. Baltacha (40 games - 13/9/18) - I will defer to the comments of "Mike" as I believe he makes a very good point about Baltacha's style. As a fan, I think we were all excited to have someone of his international experience and calibre coming to us from a big team like St Johnstone but the reality was that the football was ugly to watch and probably was not helped by the language barrier.

7. Brewster II (65 games - 22/7/36) - At the start of Brewster's second stint the negativity was because we had taken him back after the way he left us. His stats/results were not actually that bad to begin with. However they did start to nosedive in 07/08 and in 08/09 were the worst of any of the ICT managers we have had in place. Winning 22 out of 65 between the 2 seasons might be "average" but 7 out of 26 (the 08/09 record) was simply not good enough.