News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

Elgin City 1-3 Inverness CT (FT)

caleyrule

According to the main site article, Danny Sanchez is spanish, only reference I can find to a a Danny Sanchez is a young defender who plays in Liverpool reserves?? Was a Spanish under 17 international. Cannot be him surely??

No it cant be him also found him, but also found a Danny Sanchez from peru and one form Real Madrid B so not sure

and Daniel Stratford is a midfielder who hasnt had a club for a year

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seemed to get all my info correct this time around :huh:

I have tomorrows coverage covered by Wyness101 so it should be A OK for tomorrow too

Thats me just back in from the game, heres how i saw it while its fresh,

Foran, great first half, fair play for gifting Barrowloads the goal, didnt see much the second half

Andy played well first half too.

Cox had an ace game, kept the ball well, played it and passed it well to

Munro today turned me, he passed well and commanded the back line well too, he was the safty man big time

Rossco, Not much first half but did link up well with Robert and played a few good balls up

Eagal.. Near the top of my MOTM list played fantastic, moved around made space... only thing is... he has no right foot but that is not to take away his over all game, did fantastic, real promise... even if he had to turn for his left foot to score....

Lionel, I like the man he played well ran well but at times he was the Lionel we know and love... BOMB Scare.. (I got a wink off him...)

in the second half i we didnt see much of Sanches but he looks quick all be it abit small.

The number 17 center left defender that came on, he looked good, great touch, didnt flap and he is a big lad.. Rossco size but a bit younger and munro used him well

Roony didnt really show much, his penalty was well struck but the keeper nearly had it..

over all not bad, Mcbain did well the second half but for me and i hate to say it... Duncan was the 12th City man, he was a desaster and should have never played the 90.. never mind 45.. he always passed back apart from his two wide shots and seems to be stuck in that negitive brewster games never playing it forward.

my top players and in this order

Cox (from what ive seen of him hes a worth while black replacement)

Eagals (ran and ran and gave chase great Target man)

Munro (keeps up this show and i might just change my mind on the man)

According to the main site article, Danny Sanchez is spanish, only reference I can find to a a Danny Sanchez is a young defender who plays in Liverpool reserves?? Was a Spanish under 17 international. Cannot be him surely??

No it cant be him also found him, but also found a Danny Sanchez from peru and one form Real Madrid B so not sure

and Daniel Stratford is a midfielder who hasnt had a club for a year

I dont know if this helps but a lad beside me said that Thistle let him go because his was pushed about, what thistle tho im not sure.....

who ever the lad was on the right mid field in the first half was a nightmare i didnt rate anything he did, he was on par with duncan too, sorry.... I was also standing beside a lad who reminded me of why we dont have sex with family... he was such a fanny!!

I didn't make the game tonight, anyone know what the Elgin goal was like? I know it's only a pre-season and it's early days yet, but the fact we've let in goals against Clach and Elgin is fairly disgusting. I hope this isn't an indication of things to come!

I didn't make the game tonight, anyone know what the Elgin goal was like? I know it's only a pre-season and it's early days yet, but the fact we've let in goals against Clach and Elgin is fairly disgusting. I hope this isn't an indication of things to come!

I totally forgot to mention it doh!! it was IMO the goal of the game taken from abit back too.. Jack had a blinding game to and deserved it.. Not really much to blame it on, there was blue shirts and a red one in the way of it, he picked his spot...

Here's my attempt of a smile'o'meter

Kelly :lol: :D :D

Wasn't used very much but when he was, he certainly cleared the ball well.

Tokely :D :D :D :D

Played as per normal and didn't let us down. Passing was good and set Eagle off on a few good runs.

Munro :D :D :D

Looked quite shakey when dealing under pressure. Does now know how to pass the ball along the ground, but when we need a hoof, he doesnt do it. You simply cant win.

Bulvitis :D :D

Quite unknown character, didnt know what to expect from him. Lost the ball alot and seemed to misplace passes. Not a player for Division 1 standards considering this was against Elgin. but every player has there day.

Djebi-Zadi :D :D :D :D

Cleared the ball very well, passed the ball beautifully, great last chance tackles and even crossed the ball in quite well in the first half. Didnt like him in SPL as he made too much mistakes but i think he has got what we need in division 1.

Holwijn :D :D

Didnt really show much in the goal tonight. Cant stand out in my mind as being a good player. Dougie Imrie's position aint to be tampered with. Aint a division1 player in my eyes but Butcher must see otherwise.

Cox :D :D :D

Controlled the ball well everytime he got it although he insisted on quick passes rather than keeping the ball to himself. Still played well in Midfield although he does look like Celtic's Caldwell

Duncan :D :D :D :D

Good passing, pace and shooting. His 20 yard-ish shot was near enough toughing the bar. Took chances well and worked out well in the end for him

Eagle :D :D :D :D :D

Man of the Match by far. Great speed, pace, skill, passing and shooting. Exactly what we need. He is a bit like Morais when he first joined doing all tricks and show-boating. Set himself up perfectly for his goal by getting passed 2 or 3 defenders and a beautiful turn and shots into the right side of the goal.

Foran :D :D :D :D

Done very well although you could see his tiredness towards the 2nd half beginning to show. Went round the keeper twice, one for a goal, and one to shoot from a tight angle. Good assist and control of the ball

Barrowman :D :D :D

Didnt have much time to show himself. Scored a goal which was more like being in the right place at the right time. Pulled his hamstring although he didnt show much pain or exhaustion throughout the match after his goal.

Subs

Rooney :D :D :D :huh:

Scored a penalty (just) with it hitting of the left post and in. Done well with his passing and control.

Sanchez :D :D :D

Didnt have much time to shine but all of his touches were brillant and in his short time on he nearly scored a goal or two. Has potential. Would have liked to see more of him.

McBain :D :D :D

Nothing Exciting, gave him average. Crossed the ball well from the wing position.

De Wagt :D :D :lol:

Dont seem to recall any good moments from him but he made a good tackle half way through the second half which led to elgin NOT going on the counter attack

Ref :thumb01:

done allright on the night. Good decisions for both teams. Wasnt biassed.

ELGIN'S MAN OF THE MATCH

Gibson - we should be looking at him. Great saves. We should have been 7.0 up maybe. Finger tip saves, one handed saves, great composture.

ICT'S MAN OF THE MATCH

Eagle - Can say no more. Superb. He is defo a SPL striker but with INVERNESS written all over him. Lets just hope he is with us for a year or two.

Edited by themann4thejob
trying to sort your smileys

who ever the lad was on the right mid field in the first half was a nightmare i didnt rate anything he did, he was on par with duncan too, sorry.... I was also standing beside a lad who reminded me of why we dont have sex with family... he was such a fanny!!

Midfield

Melvin - duncan - cox - eagles

Was he black and had a number 7 on his back. I didnt like him either.

ELGIN'S MAN OF THE MATCH

Gibson - we should be looking at him. Great saves. We should have been 7.0 up maybe. Finger tip saves, one handed saves, great composture.

You are taking the mickey? He couldn't catch the ball and gifted Eagle his goal.

Im not going to nit pick what you said CaleyMad but were you watching the same duncan i was... he was bbbaaaaddddd....mostly everything else you said though I agree with Lionel played a peach, big change of heart for me, and munro hummm i will disagree, normally id be the first to pick out munro but i think hes changing for the good, his along the ground passing was better and as for the long ball a good few found Eagles.. he played fantastic i hope we get him...

aye it was the coloured chap, he was pish!!

Edited by georgeios

ELGIN'S MAN OF THE MATCH

You are taking the mickey? He couldn't catch the ball and gifted Eagle his goal.

he was brillant all through the match. Eagles goal has speed and curl to it while also low on the ground. He didnt see it coming and when he did, he couldnt get down fast enough.

I dont think you had a good position but i was at the back bunker and changed sides so i could see a closer view of the goals.

ELGIN'S MAN OF THE MATCH

He's on loan from Dundee.

According to the daily afternoon update on the SFL website, Danny Sanchez was on trial at Partick Thistle, but wasn't signed.

Last story....

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news...amp;newsid=2771

Stratford was waived by D.C. United on August 15th, 2008.

Any player who has played for D.C. United surely has to be worth a look, they are I'm told the most successful club in the US.

Was signed as a "developmental player" and freed to make room in the roster for another signing

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread....light=stratford

caleymad, Reading your Smilometer your account of the game sounds like a goal fest... I wouldnt say so,

Danny didnt have a crack at goal (or Two) he didnt have any chances from what I saw.

Now I've has a sleep,

I stick by what my thoughts from last night were, It should have been a goal fest but I noticed that we seemed to be giving chances away, I mean in that Foran Gifted Barrowloads his goal, we seemed to take two may touches in or near the box, Djebi and Duncan seemed the only two what had cracks from distance.. The lad beside me was getting frustrated as I was at out inability to just have a dig at goal...

DaveDargo texted me to say that Barrowman had done his hamstring in. Anyone able to confirm?

Yes he pulled up not long after his goal, I think it was more a damage limitation that an actual Out of the game hammy.. Roony came on for him but didnt show the same as Barrowman..

caleymad, Reading your Smilometer your account of the game sounds like a goal fest... I wouldnt say so,

Danny didnt have a crack at goal (or Two) he didnt have any chances from what I saw.

I am sure he took a shot at goal, saved by keeper, punted to midfield, and then Eagles got a pass then ended up scoring.

Maybe he did, I was at the Caley side all be it just in the far stand, IIRC Eagle ran it in from left side from a Rossco pass he caught it on the by line and had to turn it and bring it up the box to get it on his left foot for the shot, I might be wrong all the same.... Over all I enjoyed the game just RD for me spoilt it.

Was this young lad a hybrid of you and one of your family ? explain.