FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Penalty incident v County

tm4tj

Little has been made of the penalty incident in the second half when we were 1-2 down and almost clawed our way back into it. I doubt it would have changed the game...............or would it. We were on the ascendency, had one cleared off the line by Vigurs, and at that point and I feel if we had been awarded the penalty and scored, we would have gone on to win the game. Did most other people forget the incident due to the time spent booing Lionel and the inept display from our entire squad, or did you think it was a stonewall penalty. In case you forgot, it was seconds after Rooney missed his standard one on one with the keeper, he was then felled/poleaxed by Watt I think, but the ref took one look and ushered play along.

Had it gone our way, we may have been celebrating and going over the bridge into the jailend to wind up County fans instead of tearing lumps out of our own team.

What a difference a decision can make during a game, whether right or wrong.

Just if's and but's. what if county had scored that shot they had cleared of line to make 2-0 them before half time. what if county just hadn't scored any of their chances and we scored all of ours....there's just no point going through them....pointless.

It's these kinds of incidents that can cause heads to drop and a team to lose heart, especially when things aren't going for them. However, I don't think that was the problem on Saturday at any point. I don't believe the guys weren't out there trying and I don't think they were trying any less when things started to go bad.

I don't know what went wrong, I just don't think that any kind of break or lift was going to change anything.

Don't think the penalty would have changed the outcome...in fact, the way things were going for us I wouldn't even put money on us scoring it!!! I think the best thing to do is to draw a line under Saturday, which is why I've not really got into any of the discussion analysing or talking about the match. Not saying we should forget the performance as there's lessons to be learned there somewhere....just don't see any benefit in trying to pull it apart as the problem was/is bigger than any single moment during the 90 minutes.

Thanks for your input P

I asked if anyone thought it was a penalty as it has been somewhat overshadowed by other events on the day. Like it or not, it did happen and it may or may not have changed the outcome, however, we had the impetus at that moment and may or may not have seen off County from that point. That particular incident has caused unrest amongst our fans and some people questioning the management teams capabilities. Lionel has been castigated and about eight others have been brought to task.

All I am saying is that we could have had a very different outcome but for a dubious decision.

Thanks for your input P

I asked if anyone thought it was a penalty as it has been somewhat overshadowed by other events on the day. Like it or not, it did happen and it may or may not have changed the outcome, however, we had the impetus at that moment and may or may not have seen off County from that point. That particular incident has caused unrest amongst our fans and some people questioning the management teams capabilities. Lionel has been castigated and about eight others have been brought to task.

All I am saying is that we could have had a very different outcome but for a dubious decision.

I understand where your coming from, I guess it's just easier to get on with it and try look forward. I just try not to use if's and but's because they can drive you crazy thinking about it.

anyway i wasn't having a go just in case you thought i was.

cheers

Aye, no worries P, eveybody and his dog have had a go at the team after the rubbish on Saturday, I thought I would look on the other side of the coin.

At the end of the day we were well humped, but................did that decision dishearten us, oh dear, it's not going to be our day, and give County the lift they needed at that point of the game to go upfield and kill us off. It would appear to be the latter, but as I alluded to earlier, nobody gives a monkeys due to the overall performance and the overall result.

Nothing like as clear cut as the one in the crunch Falkirk game last season. Anyhow, these decisions are not easy for the refs (well, the 2 handed push in the back in the Falkirk match should have been)and they tend to even out over the season. The intersting point for me is, who would have taken the kick?

Its just proof that the standard of the officials in the lower leagues is shocking, they are feckin hopeless and i can see more controversial decisions arrriving soon...

Guess what, he is one of the better refs in the lower leagues... :ohmy:

It was a definate heart in mouth moment, but from my view (all away at the other end) I couldn't tell on way or the other. Unfortunately bad ref calls are part and parcel of this league, and we will be on the end of a bad call (in fact already have this season in the Raith game) and Caley will benfit from bad call's, it's all about how the team mentally deal with these calls.

I was certain it was a penalty but Chibber on my left thought it was a dive, and my brother on my right, wasn't sure.

This means that the ref is either inept, wise or rash.

If we had won the penalty (and scored), we would have gone on to win. Our team is one that gets fried up with a bit of belief and passion.............

I was certain it was a penalty but Chibber on my left thought it was a dive, and my brother on my right, wasn't sure.

This means that the ref is either inept, wise or rash.

If we had won the penalty (and scored), we would have gone on to win. Our team is one that gets fried up with a bit of belief and passion.............

We certainly did last weekend. :ohmy:

I think you had to look at the players round about Rooney after the incident... Foran was shouting at Rooney for not passing the ball rather than claiming for a penalty and the County defender accused him of diving instantaneously.... wish it was a penalty but think he dived (infact I wish stuck the ball in the net in the first place)

Surprised one or two saying it was a dive/soft etc. I would have been no more than 25 metres from the incident and was gobsmacked when the ref just waved play on. Rooney was bulldozed to the ground, no doubt in my mind.

Its just proof that the standard of the officials in the lower leagues is shocking, they are feckin hopeless and i can see more controversial decisions arrriving soon...

There seems to be a bit of confusion with the officials, Stephen Finnie is a grade 1 and has officiated when we were in the SPL and so have the assistants. Don't know why you think they are some what less because we are in the first. I thought it was an afterthought to go down and I think Foran did as well because he was giving him pelters for not passing but falling over instead. I think one fact shows what a timid derby it was, only one yellow card and that was late on, not sure last time that happened!