It's a question of respect!

collectiveaction

I think you are forgetting all the hard work that put Sir Alex in that position... remember in his first season they were nearly relegated and he was on the verge of getting the sack. Even now people continually question his tactics, against Sunderland for example.. that was one of the worst performances I've seen from a Man U at old trafford in years yet they still managed to get a draw from the game and the fans.... instead of turning on Sir Alex (like that would ever happen) got behind the team when it looked like the game was all but lost and they came back to get a draw.

Also Ferguson was also given time by the club to get things right. A lot of our fans don't want to give Butcher that time but instead want instant results on a meagre budget - something that is highly unlikley to happen at ICT almost regardless of who is in charge!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are forgetting all the hard work that put Sir Alex in that position... remember in his first season they were nearly relegated and he was on the verge of getting the sack. Even now people continually question his tactics, against Sunderland for example.. that was one of the worst performances I've seen from a Man U at old trafford in years yet they still managed to get a draw from the game and the fans.... instead of turning on Sir Alex (like that would ever happen) got behind the team when it looked like the game was all but lost and they came back to get a draw.

Also Ferguson was also given time by the club to get things right. A lot of our fans don't want to give Butcher that time but instead want instant results on a meagre budget - something that is highly unlikley to happen at ICT almost regardless of who is in charge!

To be honest after the whole Brewster saga I amn't sure of how much time is fair.. I still think Brew was on the right lines with a lot of his decisions regarding the squad and some of his signings were excellent but I had blind faith in the guy and if things had come to a head earlier we might still be in the SPL. I am still unconvinced with Butcher, I don't think for a second that anyone has any creditable arguement that it's his fault we were relegated, although some of his decisions were questionable they weren't the reason we were relegated. I am still very angry that 2 of our younger players have been released only to find them at Ross County and being tutored by Brewster... although he has been working on a very small budget I think he could have shown more faith in the players that were at the club before taking in so many additional players.... (or foreigners as my mate calls them). I have enjoyed some great away games but can't remember the last decent home game I was at at.

Perfect senario is we have an EPIC FAIL with Butcher, lose all the sweetie rustlers and rebuild under Robbo :ohmy:

We are all only human - passion and frustration is an explosive mix - who cast the first stone ?

The same handful of so called fans that fired the exact same abuse at previous managers when things were not going right.

I hope this will all calm down for a while after last nights win.

We are all human and I am pleased Butcher showed emotion albeit a little over the top but he cares just as we do, you spent all week preparing for a game after 30 second all out the window because someone was asleep its enough to make you want to take on a proper job.