FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rooney

Bronson

Adam is getting a hard time from some people for "missing" a one on one with the keeper today. I think this is quite harsh. Rooney is lucky if he's getting 15mins a game at the moment, and from the games I have seen almost every week he is managing to get himself into the position for a one on one with the keeper. On almost every occasion the keeper is required to make a very good save.

How often are our other strikers managing to get shots on target? I feel Rooney will come good, they reckon for every 4 shots on target you should score one. I reckon i've seen Rooney "miss" 4 one on ones recently, so my money would be on him tucking the next one away.

said it yourself, many one on ones with no goal unless Proctors goal in midweek from one of these chances

HAve also watched warm up and "shooty in" the outcome of which has not been very encouraging.

I can only hope he will come good, he was highest goalscorer last season with only a few start, scored 6 4 of which coming off bench

We are still struggling to create chances so unfortunately have to be even more clinical when they do appear

Have yet to see anything from Rooney to suggest he deserves to start as striker. He wins nothing in the air, his first touch is dreadful and he lacks pace. Very noticeable today that most of our offensive threat disappeared when Foran came off (why?) and Rooney came on.

I wasn't suggesting he does get a starting slot. Only pointing out that in the short amount of time he gets on the park, he is at least getting into positions that allow him to test the keeper (a lot more than the starting strikers are doing) and if he continues to do this he will knock one in soon.

Adam is getting a hard time from some people for "missing" a one on one with the keeper today. I think this is quite harsh. Rooney is lucky if he's getting 15mins a game at the moment, and from the games I have seen almost every week he is managing to get himself into the position for a one on one with the keeper. On almost every occasion the keeper is required to make a very good save.

How often are our other strikers managing to get shots on target? I feel Rooney will come good, they reckon for every 4 shots on target you should score one. I reckon i've seen Rooney "miss" 4 one on ones recently, so my money would be on him tucking the next one away.

Naaa, don't agree. He's paid money to play football - which is great. He should score all the time at every opportunity. Why you sticking up for him?

He's a fairly average player. Might be worth trying to move him on in January and try and get some money for him. I would also imagine he is on a decent wage so getting that away would be nice.

We have enough strikers if you include Barrowman, Odiambho, Imrie, Foran and Sanchez especially If we're only going with 1 or 2 up.

Then we need to get in a creative centrally attacking mid.

For me Rooney is on a bad run of luck just now. He consistently gets himself into good shooting positions which is far more than you can say about the rest of our strikers. I think if starts a game or two he'll start putting these chances away. I doubt Rooney and Foran could play together so I don't know if his chance will come anytime soon. I agree with the substitution yesterday I think it cost us the game. At the time Foran was causing their defence a few problems and was getting the crowd going closing down everything. As for moving a striker on it'll Barowman before Rooney as he's disappeared after starting against Partick a few weeks back.

For me Rooney is on a bad run of luck just now. He consistently gets himself into good shooting positions which is far more than you can say about the rest of our strikers. I think if starts a game or two he'll start putting these chances away. I doubt Rooney and Foran could play together so I don't know if his chance will come anytime soon. I agree with the substitution yesterday I think it cost us the game. At the time Foran was causing their defence a few problems and was getting the crowd going closing down everything. As for moving a striker on it'll Barowman before Rooney as he's disappeared after starting against Partick a few weeks back.

This is correct. Foran and Ronney might just work, though, with F playing behind and knocking it over/down to Adam, whose best finishing comes on the (half) volley from the edge of the box, not right in.

Barrowman has had all the chances he is going to get.

You have to be in it to win it. Rooney at least gets into the position, although his scoring has dried up. I thought we were more of an attacking threat when Rooney came on. Foran was quiet in the first half but did well to set up Procs goal. He was really fired up just after the break but was unable to produce anything inside the box. To be fair to Rooney his chance was slightly wider than he would have liked, but he shot on target and the keeper did what he was supposed to do, he blocked the shot. I doubt any top striker would have scored ten out of ten attempts from the same position. He also won his share of high balls knocked forward and is sturdy in the challenge. More game time for him beckons, maybe alongside Foran who is playing well but is a long way from his target of 20 goals.

Rooney is a good striker - when he's played the right way, and (like any other striker) he needs a good sustained run in the starting lineup to get his confidence up.

Foran and Imrie work hard but neither of them is a striker. They should be playing in midfield, Imrie on the left and Foran in the centre, with two strikers ahead of them - Rooney and one other (Odiambo, Sanchez, Barrowman).

Odiambo Rooney

Imrie Foran Proctor Hayes

Rooney is a good striker - when he's played the right way, and (like any other striker) he needs a good sustained run in the starting lineup to get his confidence up.

Exactly, he needs to be played more, he needs to be played correctly and then hopefully the goals will come. It looks like Barrowman is away down the pecking order so why not give Rooney a regular run in the team, none of the other strikers are consistently scoring so give the lad a chance and I think he will start scoring.

Problem is bar Foran none of the front players are getting a regular game so none of them are finding consistency.

Foran and Imrie work hard but neither of them is a striker. They should be playing in midfield, Imrie on the left and Foran in the centre, with two strikers ahead of them - Rooney and one other (Odiambo, Sanchez, Barrowman).

Odiambo Rooney

Imrie Foran Proctor Hayes

Or away from home - playing Foran in the hole.

Im sorry but Rooney is no use - i havent seen one thing on the field since he arrived to say he's a good goalscorer - and thats what we need and lack. One on ones are bread and butter for strikers and he should be scoring them. I really wonder what some football fans see when they say things like Rooney is good.

I just hope Odiambo can score some goals because if not we are not going back up and most of our players will leave next season.

I agree that Foran and Imrie should be in midfield. I would give Barrowman and Odiambo the nod up front......

I also think Sanchez should be in midfield because he needs space to be effective and when he does get space he plays great.

Lets hope Flash Eric is a goal scorer.

As for Rooney if he has too much time to score he wont. He really needs to practise running against the goalie and scoring and in front of the more people the better, other teams in the league are at the top because they can score given the same chance.

Is frequently getting the opportunity and not scoring,better than not getting the opportunity and still not scoring,both get you at best 1 point.

I think it was Stranraer he had unteen chances, we won 3-0, but it should have been by a far greater margin,

Go and see a hypnotherapist or a psychologist,if you think it can improve your career.

A few people were shouting that Sanchez was useless yesterday, though i think in the short time he was on the pitch he was probably one of the best players. He played well and i think he is needed in the team to link up the midfeild and strike force as we havnt had that all season.

How much longer do you give him? Its just chance after chance after chance. He is a striker. Its his job to score goals. He doesnt do that. You could argue that he doesnt get a lot of time on the park but its enough time to get all these chances that we are always talking about. He would get in the team all the time if he scored them all. Its simple but he doesnt. At the end of the day we would have won the game yesterday if he had took his chance. Good strikers finish important chances. Good strikers only need one chance. Rooney is not a good striker

I say bring back the growl and give Rooney and all our other strikers more opportunities per match to stick the ball away. Yes, they will miss lots but more chances will create more goals.

:lol:

But the goalie was also doing his job and saved it. Can't blame not winning on Rooney. We would all like him to score more goals, and I do believe that by giving him more playing time he will start to score. He is a bit one paced but he is reasonably strong and is not afraid to shoot on site. He scored a decent goal in the NoS cup final, a good turn and shot from the edge of the box, so there is something there.

Does that also make Foran not a good player as he is not exactly banging them in either, in fact, none of our players are any good if you use that theory.

I wonder if Sutherland is worth a crack at the strikers position, he can't be any less productive than what we already have?