News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

Scottish cup

dan_ict

We have got a bye to the final.

Full draw:

Airdrie United v Queen of the South

Ross County v Berwick Rangers

Whitehill Welfare or Threave Rovers v Inverurie Loco Works

Deveronvale or Buckie Thistle v Ayr United

Cowdenbeath v Alloa Athletic

Albion Rovers v Elgin City

Stirling Albion v Huntly or Auchinleck Talbot

Clyde v Livingston

Irvine Meadow v Arbroath

Edinburgh City v Keith

Wick Academy v Brechin City

Stenhousemuir v Cove Rangers

Greenock Morton v Dumbarton

Montrose v East Fife

Raith Rovers v Peterhead

Spartans v Forfar Athletic

See the Gypo's get another home tie!!! they seem to get a very high percentage at home, are they using some strange gypsy magic to conjour this up?

Good chance to Loco's to progress though.

See the Gypo's get another home tie!!! they seem to get a very high percentage at home, are they using some strange gypsy magic to conjour this up?

Good chance to Loco's to progress though.

img2604845ebc321e92f2.jpg

The Ross Bliss Trio plays in the contemporary Gypsy Jazz idiom, drawing inspiration from the music and genius of Django Reinhardt, and applying it to a wide variety of styles.

Their repertoire includes jazz standards, ballads, Latin tunes, Musette waltzes, and a few popular French songs from the 20s, 30s and 40s.

The music can best be described as evocative and accessible jazz, with a distinctive Ross-shire flavour, which appeals to a wide range of ages and tastes.

The line-up is:

Ross Bliss - Lead Guitar

The Jail Ender - Rhythm Guitar

DonaldoAndy - Acoustic Bass

The Ross Bliss Trio offers music suitable for most occasions, including: Weddings; Corporate Functions; Caravan blessings; Young Farmers events; the Black Isle Show and Friday nite at the Mallard.

As far as I can see in the CIS and Challenge Cups to date (ICT are not yet in the Scottish Cup), both Ross County AND Caley Thistle have had five home draws and one away. (ICT to Partick Thistle and Ross County to ICT). The odds against that are around 10.7 to 1.

Then there's the additional matter that between the first and second rounds of the CIS and Challenge Cup, ICT were drawn at home to Third Division opponents on all four occasions. I once calculated the odds against that as around 4000 to 1 but it's so long ago that I've forgotten how I did it. :)

As far as I can see in the CIS and Challenge Cups to date (ICT are not yet in the Scottish Cup), both Ross County AND Caley Thistle have had five home draws and one away. (ICT to Partick Thistle and Ross County to ICT). The odds against that are around 10.7 to 1.

Then there's the additional matter that between the first and second rounds of the CIS and Challenge Cup, ICT were drawn at home to Third Division opponents on all four occasions. I once calculated the odds against that as around 4000 to 1 but it's so long ago that I've forgotten how I did it. :)

Before I hang my anorack up, the odds would be variable for the second round, depending on how many 3rd division teams are still in the competition.

Great for you to take some time out and come on to this web site Mr Charles Bannerman.

Saw you on tv the other week, on the motorbike, travelling from Australia to Japan, awesome.

Before I hang my anorack up, the odds would be variable for the second round, depending on how many 3rd division teams are still in the competition.

You should maybe get that anora©k off the peg again since what I was working out were the odds against what actually happened, using the teams actually present at each stage so your suggestion doesn't in practice arise.

You should maybe get that anora?k off the peg again since what I was working out were the odds against what actually happened, using the teams actually present at each stage so your suggestion doesn't in practice arise.

I stand corrected. I made it 456,876,456,000,001 and a third.

Its purely amazing that having a 1in 3 chance of picking a team from division 3 in each competition in round 1, then the home or away option doubles the odds per game and jumps to 1 in 4000 by round 2

When I say 1 in 3, I actually mean a 1 in 2.9 chance of picking a 3rd division team as we all know that you cant pick yourself from the first division.

Anyway I did enjoy your tv show. when you crashed the bike was it from doing too many wheelies ?

I noticed the Scottish Cup 3rd round draw was made and has some First Division teams in the draw, one being the Gypo's. How is it that we have ended up in the fourth round draw? Not that I'm complaining I just find it odd that half the first division are in the draw and half are not.

Active Nation Scottish Cup, revised third round draw

Airdrie United v Queen of the South

Ross County v Berwick Rangers

Threave Rovers v Inverurie Loco Works

Deveronvale v Ayr United

Cowdenbeath v Alloa Athletic

Albion Rovers v Elgin City

Stirling Albion v Auchinleck Talbot

Clyde v Livingston

Irvine Meadow v Arbroath

Edinburgh City v Keith

Wick Academy v Brechin City

Stenhousemuir v Cove Rangers

Greenock Morton v Dumbarton

Montrose v East Fife

Raith Rovers v Peterhead

Spartans v Forfar Athletic

The ties are due to be played on Saturday, 28 November 2009.

Taken from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...ups/8336271.stm

Edited by Morgan Spice