• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just 13 points behind now.

:004:

Yeah, but it sounds like the resurgence in our recent form is being maintained...

I believe Dundee were a bit shaky today and lucky to get 1 point.

Two games in hand over them. Long way to go yet!

Edited by Johnboy

A decent performance yesterday, and a surprisingly entertaining game despite what the scoreline suggests. We should really have had two or three more, but Airdrie had a few chances as well, mainly because we were committed to attacking football for most of the game. What an odd, depressing atmosphere though: stands empty on three sides and almost no noise at all. It was reminiscent of watching a bottom-of-the-table Highland League game (no smartarse cracks about Thistle being used to those, please...)

No real standout performances yesterday, but the workrate of the four attacking players was impressive. Imrie in particular tried very hard, but I don't think he was as effective as he can be yesterday - he tended to knock the ball past players and try to beat them for pace rather than taking them on, and his final ball wasn't always great. Good to see his commitment to the team though, despite the sh*t he's been taking from some quarters recently. The main concern I have for games against the better teams is the apparent inability of our central midfielders to really impose themselves on games. Cox and Proctor seemed to do a lot of chasing yesterday, but rarely seemed to be first to the ball and able to put a foot on it, slow the game down and see passes. Sanchez remains the player most likely to open the game up with his distribution and despite a few bad misses in front of goal recently I think the team needs him. It was encouraging that Hayes came on for the last couple of minutes: we were well in control yesterday, but I do think we will need him in the starting line ups against Partick and Killie.

Lionel djebi-zadi did well yesterday. I was pretty surprised with his performance.

Rossco also impressed me. He passed some fantastic balls in to the box; however no one could convert the balls.

He also did well at the other end with some excellent saves of the line. Can't believe he's played 500 games for the club: D

Up front wasn't too impressive. They were trying at least but missed some pretty easy chances. If it wasn't for that penalty, scored by Rooney, I don't think we may have wan. I think we were actually pretty lucky. Airdrie were having too many chances on goal. And if it wasn't for Esson and some superb defending I think we could have come home will zero points :024:

The game was exciting and I was on the edge of my seat for most of it.

I talked to an Airdrie fan at the end and he was saying WE should have wan by up to 4 goals and I think he was right.

All in all we did grab the 3 points however this didn't do much for goal difference and I fear this may have repercussions come the end of the season.

As Dundee power on we are left 13 points adrift :( . I personally think that it may take a miracle for Caley to win the first Division or even come close.

Big win for us yesterday. I was delighted. It was a good performance. Towards the end it was all airdrie but we stayed solid and held on for the win. Every week the defence is getting better and better and it is a good sign when we are grinding out results like we did yesterday

Hit the woodwork 3 times or was it 4. Foran had a goal chalked off from a free kick just after the penalty. The foul was for foot-up which is indirect IIRC. Winning 1-0 with a spot kick flatters Airdrie. Very young team who seldom threatened. Might easily have ended 5-0 ....

Cox got booked first half for a shocker of a challenge.

I very much concur with your overall appraisal, Mr Mantis, especially the comments above.

Great shame Foran's 'goal' was disallowed. It was beauuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful....

I see MissICT contradicted herself about half a dozen times within her assessment of yesterdays game.

I noticed too but didn't want to raise the issue as she was trying to shed some light on the match, I now know that the team were disappointingly brilliant.

Got the next 2 weekends off....so with this new bit of form, im up for a bit partick and killie!!

I am digging your enthusiasm, Kyle!

Well i hope your up for sharing a bit, plenty to go roond :ohmy:

Absolutely! a088.gif