News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

Countys stadium

Doofer

Since county fall well short of the required 6000 seats and undersoil heating, does this mean they can not get promoted unless, they groundshare with caley? I am under the impression (although i maybe wrong) that you cannot share a ground unless the 2 teams are in the same league. Is this true? Also, i know that there is a certian date by which the 6000 seats and undersoil heating must be in place and i am sure that it has to be before May ( again, maybe wrong on that)

Can anyone shead some light on this?

Since county fall well short of the required 6000 seats and undersoil heating, does this mean they can not get promoted unless, they groundshare with caley? I am under the impression (although i maybe wrong) that you cannot share a ground unless the 2 teams are in the same league. Is this true? Also, i know that there is a certian date by which the 6000 seats and undersoil heating must be in place and i am sure that it has to be before May ( again, maybe wrong on that)

Can anyone shead some light on this?

Frm ScotPrem website

Safety

Clubs must satisfy the requirements defined in the Stadia Handbook.

Seating

All SPL clubs must have, by no later than March 31 preceding any season and for the whole of that season, a stadium with no less than 6,000 covered seats for spectators.

Winter Protection

Clubs must also have adequate winter protection to help prevent postponements. Adequate winter pitch protection is defined as undersoil or underground heating.

Not sure about the groundsharing but i think not.

Theoretically, they could share with us, however, as I understand it, and the same problem that thwarted Falkirk's idea to groundshare with Airdrie on one of the two occasions they were denied promotion, is that the SPL team must be able to guarantee priority over the fixtures at the stadium. In Falkirk's case, they could not as Airdrie and the SFL held priority and I am sure ICT would be in the same boat. The SPL therefore prefer both teams to be in the SPL as they can control the fixtures of both clubs and avoid fixture clashes.

The SPL sensibly relaxed their rules for us to allow us to move back to Inverness mid season. I can't think of any good reason why they shouldn't allow ounty a bit of lattitude to make their ground compliant over the summer should they be fortunate enough to win the league.

Is there not also a requirement for car parking? seem to remember it was something like 10% or 15% of capacity?

also access to the stadium must be an issue at Viccy caravan park - that wee bridge- no way of segregating fans there!

The SPL sensibly relaxed their rules for us to allow us to move back to Inverness mid season. I can't think of any good reason why they shouldn't allow ounty a bit of lattitude to make their ground compliant over the summer should they be fortunate enough to win the league.

I agree. I said it before we were in the SPL, I said it when we were in the SPL, and I will still say it as we try to get back to the SPL, ...... whoever wins the 1st Division should not have to gamble financially before the title is decided, and should be given the close season to bring their stadiums up to the required standard.

If they cannot do that then they should be given the option to arrange a suitable groundshare whether they have fixture priority or not ..... and I would even go further and say that if neither can happen (upgrade/share), then they should be allowed to play their first season in the SPL by using only those parts of the ground that are compliant on the understanding that they will use the increased cash from SPL membership to upgrade their ground.

You are of course correct Scotty, the erses that think up and try to enforce these rules are entrenched in the OF mindset of only "big" clubs should be able to join the "big" boys. I think i'm correct in saying we were the first to suffer to any great extent having to get our stadium "SPL compliant" to get promotion, which was the start of years of financial woe, culminating in the near demise of the club.( i appreciate we were the architects of our own downfall in many ways,but believe this was forced on the directors who gamled, and lost,persuing the dream)

Whatever folks opinions regarding DFC's "big spending" this season, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind there would be one less club in Scottish football today, due to the intransigance and shortsightedness of the SPL,were it not for the will and determination of Dee4life. Footballing ability and results should be the ONLY criteria when it comes to promotion and relegation.

Not this again. :022:

I was thinking the same. This must the 3rd or 4th topic on Ross County and SPL requirements now.

http://community.caleythistleonline.com/in...showtopic=17219

http://community.caleythistleonline.com/in...showtopic=16602

http://community.caleythistleonline.com/in...showtopic=16306

Edited by RiG