FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who will be assessing the pitch at 8 am

12th Man

Will the pitch be assessed by an SPL official at 8 am tomorrow or a referee from the SFL for our cup game.

Can anyone tell me whats the difference between SPL rain and Scottish cup rain.

Its been pretty wet so I wouldn't be surprised it its canceled.

I guess the game could have been called off today if there was no chance of it going ahead. So I'll remain optimistic and hope the 8am inspection tomorrow has a positive outcome.

If its been raining as much as it has down here then i would think the game will be called off, A waterlogged pitch from wednesday isn't suddenly going to be playable when more rain has been lying.

If its off it'll be good to see the cup draw and see who we have if we beat Morton. It could even spur the players on if they reckon they can get to hampden.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

Will the pitch be assessed by an SPL official at 8 am tomorrow or a referee from the SFL for our cup game.

There is no such thing as an SPL referee. Refs are provided and controlled by the SFA. Grade 1 refs normally get SPL games but lower grade refs can also officiate.

There is no such thing as an SPL referee. Refs are provided and controlled by the SFA. Grade 1 refs normally get SPL games but lower grade refs can also officiate.

Thanks for answering my hidden question, so really we didnt have to wait for hours for a special referee to call off the United game.