FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Credit where it's due....

CaleyD

To the lads today who were leading the singing....that's exactly the point I was trying to get across to you on the last thread.

Fantastic atmosphere, good craic, no unnecessary songs/chants (well one, but not sure who it was and it was quickly drowned out), no giving the stewards any grief and a credit to yourselves and ICT.

• Agree 1

good to hear praise when its due like you say.

the guys who make the noise have been very vocal and i was surprised at how many there were at hibs - so big thumbs up there, however at aberdeen they just let themselves down a little.

they could all be a great advertisement for the club and its good to hear that what they were yesterday

To be fair the only reason there was a good atmosphere and craic was becuase the stewards had some common sense and let it happen. That sort of atmosphere would be reproduced at every away game whether it were Aberdeen three weeks ago or Hibs earlier in the season if stewards had some common sense. I think that is the reason so many get annoyed at games when stewards start interfering and so on. The games this season where people have been thrown out etc, was in my experience for doing exactly what happened on Saturday. When our fans are left to it they're praised for being good banter and craic but when the stewards throw them out for it people start calling them a disgrace? Make your mind up folks?

Edited by Taffy
  • Agree 1

Nothing to make my mind up over.

First off, everyone played within the "rules of engagement" that were being laid down by the Stewards on Saturday...and given the easy nature of the stewards it would have been easy to take things too far with songs/chants etc, but that didn't happen. Secondly, there was no foul mouthed, over the top and unnecessary songs/chants...and given some of the stuff that's been aimed at Imrie in the past I was half expecting it...had that happened then Stewards would almost certainly have intervened, but it didn't and they didn't.

If fans go to games and read the situation, realise when they have over officious stewards or whatever and deal with it by trying to avoid confrontation, then there's no need for anyone to ever be ejected....and if ejections do happen when fans have been trying to do the right thing and aren't ripping the pish, then you can be sure that whoever is huckled off will have the support of everyone.

Had any steward waded in on Saturday, and fans didn't react as they have reacted elsewhere by being abusive in return, and anyone had been ejected, then I would have been the first to stand up in their defence. However, had a steward waded in and fans attitude got nasty in return and they were then ejected then it would have been their own stupid fault....not because of the rights or wrongs of the ejection, but because they should know by now what's going to happen when they react in that manner.

It's all about using a little bit of savvy, and as I said, credit where it's due because fans had the savvy not to take advantage of the situation on Saturday and everyone had a great time....and so long as we the fans continue to do that, then it creates a far better platform from which to complain when stewards do get heavy handed.