FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Another Hearts player misbehaving

quizzer

He says it's a 'learning curve' :amazed:

I wonder whether he will be sacked? I'd be surprised if he wasn't but Hearts seem to be quiet about it. Although, what he did was disgusting, I hope that if he stays at Hearts, our fans won't resort to the chants that the likes of Goodwillie, McGregor and Imrie have suffered in the past. Yes, he's been convicted and proven guilty, but I hope when we go to Tynecastle, our fans will sing about our own team and not concentrate on the lives of others - no matter how bad or disgusting. I know the songs will be thought up across the country, but i hope we can be better than that!

• Agree 2

I won't surprised if he survives at Hearts actually. Remember this is the team that signed Rix as manager not that long ago really and still seem to have taken no action against Black and the other one.

But on a more serious note, on the day that plans to clamp down on sectarianism in football were announced, should we not be trying to eradicate predatory paedophiles from the game too? I know which gives me more concern.

He will get absolute dogs abuse at every game he goes to forever. He is tarnished for life and will deservedly suffer whatever abuse is hurled at him...even if he successfully pleaded "not guilty".

He says it's a 'learning curve' :amazed:

I wonder whether he will be sacked? I'd be surprised if he wasn't but Hearts seem to be quiet about it. Although, what he did was disgusting, I hope that if he stays at Hearts, our fans won't resort to the chants that the likes of Goodwillie, McGregor and Imrie have suffered in the past. Yes, he's been convicted and proven guilty, but I hope when we go to Tynecastle, our fans will sing about our own team and not concentrate on the lives of others - no matter how bad or disgusting. I know the songs will be thought up across the country, but i hope we can be better than that!

First of, if hearts were going to sack him they should have done so last year when he was charged with the crimes. As far as I'm aware none of the players you list were involved with children. This guy shows no remorse. He says it was a learning curve. Learning curve to what? He preyed on children. He tried to groom them over the internet. He deserves all the abuse he gets.

Well here is a question for you! I was travelling to Livingston today ( im not proud of it) and my bus passed Swinecastle. I dont know if anyone noticed but there is a school right accross the road.

Now my question. I imagine that part of him being on the sex offenders list there will be stipulations regarding keeping away from children, so how does he attend Tynecastle with a school 50 feet away from the stadium?

First of, if hearts were going to sack him they should have done so last year when he was charged with the crimes. As far as I'm aware none of the players you list were involved with children. This guy shows no remorse. He says it was a learning curve. Learning curve to what? He preyed on children. He tried to groom them over the internet. He deserves all the abuse he gets.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that ..... If Hearts sacked him for being charged with a crime then they might have been on a sticky wicket in terms of employment laws. However, IMHO, they should have torn up his contract the second he pled guilty.

There are some crimes that are forgivable...we can all do stupid things and have a price to pay if we get caught doing them. There are also more serious crimes where you can say you are "going through a learning curve" and after accepting your punishment you will aim to be better and not do it again. However, IMHO, crimes against children do not fall into either of those categories where I would be willing to forgive and forget. Children lose their innocence all too soon these days and anyone seeking to hasten that process or to use their social standing (ie. professional footballer) in this manner is just scum, pure and simple.

To their credit, most Hearts fans want rid of him too !

• Agree 2

I see Hearts are keeping him.

Is that "breaking" news, because the last I heard (lunchtime) he'd been told not to return to the club until they had made a decision.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110624/craig-thomson_2241384_2381621

"As such the club believes that there is no reason for Craig Thomson not to continue his career as a professional footballer and he will resume training with immediate effect."

you just could not make that up !!!!!!!! Had to look twice to make sure the link actually did go to the Hearts website !!!

Posting what appears to be a Vlad-Rant in full below as I am sure it will disappear soon !!

Hearts statement

The Hearts Board of Directors has issued the following statement in relation to outside influences on players and the club.

"What's happening with the club today is not a new thing. For almost 7 years we have been fighting to shield the club from crooks, criminals and thieves. Many of the top players at the club have felt the bitter results of the swindles that have been carried out with them on their own skin. Skacel and Webster have returned to the club after realising where these 'football patriots' have led them.

"Over a short space of time 4 players at our club have been on the wrong end of the law. We note that 3 of them are represented by the same agent - Gary Mackay - who has been so vicious in his attacks against Mr Romanov.

"Taking into account the facts that have been omitted by the media it can be presumed that each of these cases is not a coincidence, but the result of targeted actions of a mafia that wants to manipulate the club and the results.

"Every year Hearts fights to be in the top 3, but even last season in the last 12 games of the season it was almost like someone replaced the team with a different one. Whose fault is that? Players? Manager's? Or it is mafia.

"Stealing players, bad games, problems with the law - all of that on top of record SFA fines. Problems are just shifted to another level.

"Mafia are dragging kids into the crime, in order to blackmail and profit on them. It is not possible to separate these people from pedophiles, and you don't need to do that. Each year we are forced to fight against these maniacs harder and harder. We are standing in their way not letting them manipulate the game of football in the way they want. As such they undermine us in every possible way they can.

"The task of the club is to tear these kids out of hands of criminals."

Holy moly, that's some accusation right there. No surprise though really, considering some of the garbage Romanov has come with over the last few years. One things for sure though, Celtic will be kicking themselves for missing a trick here!

It's still on the website. Absolutely extraordinary statement.

One shudders to think how many Hearts players would be in prison or sold into slavery were it not for the honorable Mr Romanov looking after the welfare of these poor naiive innocents.

• Agree 1

As for Romanov's statement its just a bit of smoke and mirrors to divert attention from the failings of their players and the longer his statement is being commented the more successful it becomes, talk of Mafia may raise a bit of interest in his homeland but it doesnt really wash in Scotland so I think this will backfire.

Vlads been on the voddie again! That's a quality rant.I'm editing this because I re-read it again and decied to read what the inmates at P&B were saying. There are issues here - is it acceptable that an employer keeps their employee in the public gaze after this? What in the name of God must Jim jeffries be thinking of it? Do Hearts really think that this was a "lapse of judgement"? That it brings the game into disrepute is beyond question but by how much? In all my days I've probably not seen a speech like this, and I hope to never see it again. In almost unbelievably irony, I looked at the statement on the Hearts site. The advert half way down was for Google, Saying "internet's what you want it to be" They must be chuffed beyond words.

Edited by davie