FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stuart Duff

AJS

Duff had an offer on the table and he didn't take it up. To me that say's he is no longer an ICT player and I'm sure the management will have enough to concern themselves with building a new team and seeking out other players to be dwelling over the whereabouts of this player.

I thought he was close to signing a few weeks ago. It was mentioned his agent was dealing with ironing out a few of the finer details. It is really frustrating and I normally would just say to get lost because you clearly don't have the heart to play for this club. However look at how old Duff is. Realistically this is going to be the last big(gest) contract of his career so you can't really blame the guy. Also everythings all messed up this season with the early start to it.

Duff should realise he is far from irreplaceable. Whilst I would want to keep him for continuity sakes I would say he is just a ever so slightly better version of Proctor and it is no disaster should he depart.

WIll come back if there are no other options. Which there havent been yet...

Which is why i think the club should show a little steel for once and boot him into touch. ICT have been more than accomodating thus far. Teach him a lesson i say!

• Agree 1

we are making judgements about someone and something we know nothing about...

You could apply this theory to just about any post that is on this board, it is a discussion which everyone is all allowed to have thoughts about and as fans I think we are all justified in talking about this subject along with any other on this board that we may not know anything about.

This is almost the same case as the Adam Rooney situation and there was a thread going for months about that.

I refer you to your own point, that's my thoughts on it... I didn't say anything negative about anyone comments... and yes it is a lot like Adams, n who thinks its wrong he went to brum...

He clearly wants to be somewhere else but if nobody is willing to take him on terms he wants and Terry thinks he can do a job, then why not? Whilst we admire loyalty in a player and we would like to think players want to play for us, those attributes are not the key attributes for getting the best out of a player.

If Duff wants to be somewhere else earning more money then the motivation for him is to make other clubs notice him. They will do that if he plays well wherever he is. If he was to sign, I for one would be delighted as he put in some pretty decent performances last year.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Not sad over this whatsoever. As long as TB realises we need more defenders. I can't understand Duff's logic for this considering this time last year he was moaning about not having a club until we gave him a chance, His loss.

I refer you to your own point, that's my thoughts on it... I didn't say anything negative about anyone comments... and yes it is a lot like Adams, n who thinks its wrong he went to brum...

I wasn't saying anything other than you could equate what you said to any thread on this forum, I didn't say it was negative nor did I portray it as being negative. I just thought it was a rather strange thing to say on a fans forum where the majority don't know the full details on most subjects like this but come on to discuss as fans, that was my point.

I totally agree with the decision by the club to retract the offer, he's had long enough to make up his mind, the fact he had to have time to think about it shows his heart wasn't at ICT.

• Agree 1

Stuart Duff obviously has a distorted view of just how good he is. He had a job garenteed had he been sensible about it. Now hes on the dole and unlikely to find better than what he had on the table. A lesson to be learnt there. Just hope ICT arent weak and take him back!

Edited by SMEE

Does anyone even know what Duff has been upto? Has he been on trial or even linked with anyone else? He is still a footballer so surely he's trying to get something lined up. It just seems as if he has dissapeared completely.

We all have to rue the day and learn from our mistakes so let's be cautious about how critical we are about him.

If Terry thought he could sign him and both parties were in harmonywith an understanding agreed upon about the issues involved (i.e without acrimony) I would suggest that he could do a good job for us.

• Agree 1

We all have to rue the day and learn from our mistakes so let's be cautious about how critical we are about him.

If Terry thought he could sign him and both parties were in harmonywith an understanding agreed upon about the issues involved (i.e without acrimony) I would suggest that he could do a good job for us.

I wouldnt want him here. Its so obvious that he was hoping something more suitable would come along. If your gonna do that....at least try and disguise the fact. Nope....i only want players here that want to be here :)

• Agree 1

Smee--why disguiose anything?

There is far too much subterfuge and dishonest crap in society already which generally leads to either misunderstanding or mayhem.

So we have a "professional foul" now which appears to be quite acceptable despite the fact that it is unfair, stops the game unnecessarily and is plain and simple cheating. A PF is a deliberate attempt to hinder the opposition from benefiting fron honest endeavour and skill or to stop a legitimate scoring attempt and stifles initiative.

In brief, it is un-professional and does not allow the separation of the wheat from the chaffe.

If I criticise you roundly (which I am not doing here, by the way) you are welcome to reply really robustly provided it is re-actively relevant. :rolleyes:

Smee--why disguiose anything?

There is far too much subterfuge and dishonest crap in society already which generally leads to either misunderstanding or mayhem.

So we have a "professional foul" now which appears to be quite acceptable despite the fact that it is unfair, stops the game unnecessarily and is plain and simple cheating. A PF is a deliberate attempt to hinder the opposition from benefiting fron honest endeavour and skill or to stop a legitimate scoring attempt and stifles initiative.

In brief, it is un-professional and does not allow the separation of the wheat from the chaffe.

If I criticise you roundly (which I am not doing here, by the way) you are welcome to reply really robustly provided it is re-actively relevant. :rolleyes: