FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SPL Relegation

Tichy_Blacks_Back

I don't really see it myself but the gloomy talk of free-fall etc etc etc made me think what has been the points total of the bottom team in each year of the SPL:

1998/99 - Dunfermline - 28 pts (36 games)

1999/00 - Aberdeen - 33 pts (36 games)

2000/01 - St.Mirren - 30 pts (38 games)

2001/02 - St.Johnstone - 21 pts (38 games)

2002/03 - Motherwell - 28 pts (38 games)

2003/04 - Partick Thistle - 26 pts (38 games)

2004/05 - Dundee - 33 pts (38 games)

2005/06 - Livingston - 18 pts (38 games)

Average points total - 27 pts

Just for the record there were only 10 teams in the SPL in the first two seasons (1998/89 and 1999/00) and in 1999/00 Aberdeen weren't actually relegated.  Also eight different teams have finished bottom of the SPL to date and as of yet no team has had the distinction of finishing bottom twice.  :023:

The highest total achieved by the bottom team is 33 points and the lowest Livingston last season with 18 points.  By my reckoning another 5 wins should do it.  :003:

And finally on a lighter note the only team that has surpassed that figure and in my opinion are safe from the spectre of relegation this season are Celtic who are currently riding high on 44 points.  :001:

One thing I will give to the boo-boys is that the league title does now look beyond us this season  :014:

You say another 5 wins will do it but we are currently blowing opportunities to take points. Complacency sent Dundee down. As I said elsewhere the key is to recognise we are currently in danger and wake the players and management up. We have the drive and talent. Now is the time to respond. We cannot afford to lose to Dunfermline.

Next week we go on the attack in true ICT fashion hopefully with a refreshed team.