FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Aberdeen

Renegade

Esson

Meekings Warren Foran G.Shinnie

Draper A.Shinnie Morrison

Doran Sutherland Roberts

Subs - Reguero, Raven, King, Blackman, McKay, Brislen-Hall, Pepper

I really don't fancy seeing Raven up against Hayes and McGinn, so Meekings gets the nod. I'd throw Roberts in the at the deep end, as he could be a bit of an unknown quantity against the Dons defence, with Sutherland down the middle. Due to the rather small back line the club has this season, I've opted for Foran at the back ahead of King as I think Foran would be a far better ariel opponent against Rory Fallon.

-------------------Esson

-------------------Foran

-----------King(if fit) warren

Meekings--------otj-----------g.shinnie

-------------draper---a.shinnie

-----------McKay-----Sutherland

A 3-5-2 foran as sweeper, if king isn't fit shove foran in there switch to a 4-5-1 billy up top doran and Shane out wide

Edited by lukemackay

----------------------------Esson--------------------------------

-----Meekings-----King--------Warren-------ShinnieG---

---------------------Morrison------Draper-------------------

----------Doran-----------ShinnieA-------------Sutherland---

---------------------------Foran-------------------------------

Foran was magnificent up front at Well. OTJ was dire, he deserves to be dropped.

Aberdeen will more play to the wings if they can therefore:

Esson

Meekings - Warren - King - G.Shinnie

Draper - Jones - A.Shinnie - Doran

Foran - Sutherland

Draper to take care of Hayes, switching with Doran if need be (probably will). Probably a bit of long ball but not aimlessley as we have a target man in Sutherland, Foran not too bad there but mainly for knock-downs and A.Shinnie following close behind.

It's a good old-fashioned line-up.

As I think Starchief (or was it Renegade ?) previously stated that the team that they picked was the one that they envisaged Butcher to pick rather than their own. From a psychological perspective I would be heartened if Butcher made one change from the starters at Well. Would it surprise anyone if he didnt ?

I have just sat down with Terry and have had a very frank and open discussion about the team and the formation tomorrow. To be fair we both conceded some points.

Anyway we are going for a 4-4-2 to start off with but may move to a 4-3-1-2 and we feel that the selections could result in a variety of system changes if necessitated,

ESSON

RAVEN. MEEKINGS. WARREN. BLACKMAN

DORAN. DRAPER. A,SHINNIE. G.SHINNIE

FORAN. McKAY

I have just sat down with Terry and have had a very frank and open discussion about the team and the formation tomorrow. To be fair we both conceded some points.

Anyway we are going for a 4-4-2 to start off with but may move to a 4-3-1-2 and we feel that the selections could result in a variety of system changes if necessitated,

ESSON

RAVEN. MEEKINGS. WARREN. BLACKMAN

DORAN. DRAPER. A,SHINNIE. G.SHINNIE

FORAN. McKAY

Last season when I suggested putting foran and McKay up top together you knocked it back, but when terry suggests it your all for it. Double standards I think. :thumbdown::lol:

Edited by lukemackay

I did point out that we had a frank and open discussion and there were concessions from both sides. At least tomorrow we will have a Butcher/IHE agreement.

And CaleyD would be proud of me because prior to picking the team I provided my psychological prowess, free of charge, to faciliate a one hour DBT session with Terry and then a one hour session with David Raven focussing on self esteem and motivation.

Thanks - he did mention that. My only concern is that he said that he would agree to the starting X1 but he declined my offer of communicating my thoughts about substitutions and system changes. We still agreed with the starting selection and some of the system changes that could be implemented. At least it is a start as I doubt if many, if any, would have even agreed with the initial selection.

It is a relatively recent innovation called Dialectical Behaviour Therapy which Terry appeared to favourably respond to. The therapy is basically a combination of cognitive behavioural techniques for emotion regulation, reality testing with concepts of distress tolerance, acceptance and mindful awareness based closely on the premise of Buddhist meditation.

Fortunately my session with Raven was more straightforward and I utilised a combination of mindfulness, self esteem, confidence enhancement and motivational work. A colleague called Douchan Gersi once said to me - " Victory all starts in the head. It's a state of mind. It then spreads with such radiance that destiny can do nothing but obey".

But I am aware that the outcome has to be more evident than the engagement of Terry and David and if the big man adheres to the agreed selection, follows the agreed tactical change options and utilises them appropriately and David's performance produces a general improvement - then I will be one happy and satisfied fan/onlooker and one proud therapist.

So, Esson, Meekings, Warren, Raven, Blackman, G. Shinnie, Jones, Draper, Doran, A. Shinnie, Foran.

Wonder if Blackman will be wide left or Graeme Shinnie will be pushed further forward, with Blackman in defence? Not thrilled to see Jones in the team again, TBH - he had a pretty shocking game at Motherwell.

Rather annoyed at Terry at changing the plan at the last minute - but that is the challenge to any therapist when dealing with that kind of personality. But he will have hopefully learned a lesson as his decision to play Tudor "Red Card" Jones evidently went awry. But apart from that I feel that my psycholgical guidance had its benefits.