Renegade

A couple of changes for me I think, and a switch to a straight 4-3-3 - 

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Draper Ross Foran

Doran Agdestein Mckay

Subs - Esson, Devine, Vincent, Williams, Tremarco, Pepper, Polworth

• Agree 3

I think we need to shake things up as well.

Esson

Foran Draper

Williams Polworth Shinnie

Doran Brill Watkins

McKay Warren

My thinking is simple. Brill is brilliant (lol) so he should play in the Shinniesta role. Warren is a beast at giving the ball some beef in the air so he should go up front to partner McKay. Esson returns to goal because he seems like a funny guy and Foran and Draper can protect him by smashing anyone that comes near him. Williams and Shinnie will play the wing back roles because they are fast with Polworth protecting the two CBs and you always need to have a young local lad in the team otherwise it's a well known fact that your side is garbage. Doran remains wide right and Watkins should start because he looked amazing against Clach.

Makes sense IMVHO.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 6

It's great that we have consistency about the squad but I think over time we may become predictable. This year I feel that we have a good bench compared to last year where we make changes. Hibs is a hot and cold team and if we were to change the team then Saturday may be one of the days to do it.

Brill

Raven Meekings Warren/Devine Shinnie

Foran Draper 

Doran Adgestein McKay Ross 

Whilst I'm generally in favour of a settled team, I do think it is important to see how other players perform on a match day.  I know the coaches see what players are doing day in and day out on the training ground but that does not always reflect what they can bring to the team on a match day.  So I think a small change is justified given that performances seem to have dipped a little.

Personally, I'd like to see Adgestein playing up front with McKay.  I think there is the potential for that to be a very effective combination.  Ross or Vincent would need to give way. 

Didn't think we had enough width in the last few games so

----------------Brill--------------------

--Raven-----------------------Shinnie---

--Warren----------------------Meekings--

--Draper------------------------Foran----

--Doran-------------------------Ross----

--Vincent------------------------McKay--

Didn't think we had enough width in the last few games so

----------------Brill--------------------

--Raven-----------------------Shinnie---

--Warren----------------------Meekings--

--Draper------------------------Foran----

--Doran-------------------------Ross----

--Vincent------------------------McKay--

"----------------Brill--------------------"

Esson

Raven Meekings Waren/Devine Shinnie

Foran/Polworth Draper

Doran                               Ross

Agdestein

McKay

If Warren isnt fit then Devine plays, Play Polworth in the middle with Draper if Foran isnt fit and drop Vincent for Agdestein - although I'd suggest that if we had any injuries then they woudl be the only changes to minimise disruption. Still looking to see what Watkins & Allen have to offer as they were cited as the 2 best summer signings yet we have still to see them play.

sorry i'm not convinced by big Toby, if Vincent should be dropped then like what Renegade said move Ross into the middle and maybe Danny Williams given the job on the wing, looks the brightest of all the fringe players that have had game time IMO. Polworth could be a shout for Saturday as he adds an unknown problem for Hibs to deal with and has definitely looked the part in pre-season, even discounting his wonder strike against Raith. Even still, the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" definitely should be highlighted as the same side that has done as well so far did win on Tuesday, just are we getting too predictable?

• Agree 1

Back 6 picks itself, further forward i think a reshuffle might help

BRILL

RAVEN   MEEKINGS   WARREN   SHINNIE

DRAPER   FORAN

DORAN                                               ROSS

MCKAY             ADGESTEIN

sorry i'm not convinced by big Toby, if Vincent should be dropped then like what Renegade said move Ross into the middle and maybe Danny Williams given the job on the wing, looks the brightest of all the fringe players that have had game time IMO. Polworth could be a shout for Saturday as he adds an unknown problem for Hibs to deal with and has definitely looked the part in pre-season, even discounting his wonder strike against Raith. Even still, the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" definitely should be highlighted as the same side that has done as well so far did win on Tuesday, just are we getting too predictable?

Maybe it is time to give Toby a run. Vincent hasn't done anything wrong, it's just that defensively he's not very good.