FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Can we make Saturday a near sell out

12th Man

The deals were in the papers this week, the website, on here, on facebook and Twitter. Can't see how anyone doesnt know about them tbh? Apart from an email I don't know what more the club can do?

They should have come to my house to tell me about the deals in person mad.gif

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 4

Well done to those who went today. But i think if any proof was needed, today proves that any discounted tickets should be aimed at season/half season ticket holders. The club has done more than enough trying to get the neutral/other team/occasional fans in the door with discounts and offers. Give any discounts to those that are supporting the club through good and bad times. 

• Agree 1

Well done to those who went today. But i think if any proof was needed, today proves that any discounted tickets should be aimed at season/half season ticket holders. The club has done more than enough trying to get the neutral/other team/occasional fans in the door with discounts and offers. Give any discounts to those that are supporting the club through good and bad times. 

Every season ticket holder could have taken a friend for free. How would you go about giving a ST holder a discount anyway. They do get opportunities when books go on sale.

It is very disappointing that the crowd was still so small despite the incentives.  Club can't do much more than it's doing.   If people don't want to watch their local football team then you can't force them.  The Board just has to tailor it's strategy to the low level of support the club gets.  Of course, the better the product on the park, the more will pay to watch but as long as we don't pretend we can sell out the stands other than for very occasional  matches.

• Agree 1

So our first home game since the final and we seem to have lost 5k missing fans

Let's be honest here this just highlights that they weren't fans at all, one game a season glory hunting vermin IMO

Invernessians hate ICT we need to accept we have about 3k loyal fans albeit consisting a large amount of incomers but without them we would be in a right pickle

Our terrible home crowds are what they are let's just accept and move on as these threads are getting boring

Dougal

The attendance today was disappointng, 4000 would have been nice to see. I have been doing a little research into our average attendaces over the years. from season 1999-2000 to season 02-03, our average crowd was around 2100-2300. In our promotion season it was around 3200. Scrap the 1st year in the SPL as half was at Aberdeen. The next 8 seasons make interesting reading:

05-06 = 5061

06-07 = 4879

07-08 = 4752

08-09 = 4457

09-10 couldnt find

10-11 = 4526

11-12 = 4147

12-13 = 3891

I got this info from a number of websites but it shows the general pattern of decreasing attendences in almosts every SPL season. Are fans leaving as they dont like what they are seeing? Is it too expensive? Is it the fact that the SPL novalty has worn off and only Rangers, Celtic and County are going to pull in the crowds?

So our first home game since the final and we seem to have lost 5k missing fans

Let's be honest here this just highlights that they weren't fans at all, one game a season glory hunting vermin IMO

Invernessians hate ICT we need to accept we have about 3k loyal fans albeit consisting a large amount of incomers but without them we would be in a right pickle

Our terrible home crowds are what they are let's just accept and move on as these threads are getting boring

Dougal

Dougal, you started all those threads ya ninny!

The attendance today was disappointng, 4000 would have been nice to see. I have been doing a little research into our average attendaces over the years. from season 1999-2000 to season 02-03, our average crowd was around 2100-2300. In our promotion season it was around 3200. Scrap the 1st year in the SPL as half was at Aberdeen. The next 8 seasons make interesting reading:

05-06 = 5061

06-07 = 4879

07-08 = 4752

08-09 = 4457

09-10 couldnt find

10-11 = 4526

11-12 = 4147

12-13 = 3891

I got this info from a number of websites but it shows the general pattern of decreasing attendences in almosts every SPL season. Are fans leaving as they dont like what they are seeing? Is it too expensive? Is it the fact that the SPL novalty has worn off and only Rangers, Celtic and County are going to pull in the crowds?

No way did we get an average gate of 5000 a week. That cant be right.

05-06 = 5061

06-07 = 4879

07-08 = 4752

08-09 = 4457

09-10 couldnt find

10-11 = 4526

11-12 = 4147

12-13 = 3891

I've crunched these numbers in a previous thread () and there is definitely a tailing off in terms of fans coming along to games but we aren't alone.

Back in 98/99 Killie had an average attendance of 11,184. This season their average attendance is 4,199.

Motherwell in the same year pulled in crowds of around 8,000 on average. Now they aren't even above 5,000.

Was the first game in the spl not against Dunfermline with Brewster scoring, I seem to remember the home stands being absolutely packed then! So an average of about 5000 in 05 might not be far off the mark. Have to ask where everyone has gone? In my opinion I just think the novelty wears off, you will find everyone in pubs watching overpaid English teams, sad but true.

Spfl have a responsibility to change it, as everyones crowds around the country are falling, first blatant thing would be to have a summer league and winter break.

Edited by AV90

Was the first game in the spl not against Dunfermline with Brewster scoring, I seem to remember the home stands being absolutely packed then! So an average of about 5000 in 05 might not be far off the mark. Have to ask where everyone has gone? In my opinion I just think the novelty wears off, you will find everyone in pubs watching overpaid English teams, sad but true.

Spfl have a responsibility to change it, as everyones crowds around the country are falling, first blatant thing would be to have a summer league and winter break.

Yeah, the win over Dunfermline was indeed the first game at the TCS. But that was in the 2004/05 season.

The 5,061 average is from the following season. We certainly benefited from the SPL novelty, with many opposition fans travelling in numbers to an SPL ground they'd never been to before.

For example, we got 6,700 for a Hearts game, which incredibly was only our 7th highest home league gate of that season! We surpassed 7,000 on 5 occasions!

05/06 Season.......................13/14 Season

7512 v Rangers....................No Games

6704 v Hearts.......................4034

6809 v Aberdeen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,4810

7382 v Celtic.........................6384

7017 v Hibs...........................4261

7380 v Rangers....................No Games

5027 v Hearts.......................3392

7368 v Aberdeen..................Only 1 home game

05/06 was very much a novelty trip for many away fans. I've said it before and I say it again. Our home gates will always average a little over 4000. We have a core support of less than 3000 and the visitors can't afford to travel. Thats the reality and no amount of discussion is going to change it. Highland region is an area where football is not the be all and end all of spectator sports. Professional football in the region is very young and other interests were chosen many years before. Nobody can suddenly change attitudes and expect mass involvement overnight. One day in the distant future we may well exceed our current averages but I dont see that happening by very much in my lifetime. It is also a fact that gates are down at every other ground in the country barring the two faced with extinction.

• Agree 2

I think they're played on the weekends of the 12th, 19th and 26th April and the 3rd and 10th of May. (11th May for top-6). But TV schedules will doubtless dictate the specific date and kick-off times. They're not normally released until after the split, but with the top 6 known definitively at this early stage, there's actually no reason they can't publish the fixtures much sooner!

Talking of attendances, any idea when the SPFL get their act together and announce the dates for the post-split fixtures? Not too helpful when trying to book train tickets.

The dates are already known. Its just the fixtures that need sorted.

I'd hope it'll be soon now that the split teams are known.

I think they're played on the weekends of the 12th, 19th and 26th April and the 3rd and 10th of May. (11th May for top-6). But TV schedules will doubtless dictate the specific date and kick-off times. They're not normally released until after the split, but with the top 6 known definitively at this early stage, there's actually no reason they can't publish the fixtures much sooner!

19th and 26th April. 3rd, 7th and 10th May. 12th/13th April Scottish Cup semis

• Agree 1