FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

On Saturday beware.....

maimie

just to let you know that fans of other teams have been arrested and charged with racial abuse for shouting things like 'refugee' or 'asylum seeker' at the Hearts players.

Please please don't let it happen to any of our supporters...

Guest Arab4Ever

Some guy was ejected on saturday for calling Sammy a "lazy black *******" which is completely uncalled for especially from a so called "supporter". Wether that really is racist remark or not is a completely different arguement but its good the stewards went by the book :025:

Mind you the stewards also let people smoke as long as it was in the open air bit and they were discrete. Sounds fair enough as its open air and all but is that not against the rules?

Guest Arab4Ever

They also let yuo guys stand up which I thought was disgraceful. If we try that in the Home end we get tackled by a SWAT team.

I agree that both sides should be treated equally at a football match (at Tannadice the stewards never seem to get away fans to sit down but still moan at us) but personally I think standing at football should be allowed. My *** never touched the seat and I dont think many near me did but there were no injuries and the atmosphere benefited because of it.

I remember the old standing bit from years ago at the Caley stadium where the toilets are now. Excellent place to watch football :022:

What I thought was utterly daft was that the stewards seemed to allow the United support from Sections D - F (roughly) to merge in one big group with people standing in the aisles of the stands. Surely a safety issue but I guess not.

Not a dig at Yinited fans more at the sheer idiocy of the stewards.

Guest Arab4Ever

What I thought was utterly daft was that the stewards seemed to allow the United support from Sections D - F (roughly) to merge in one big group with people standing in the aisles of the stands. Surely a safety issue but I guess not.

Not a dig at Yinited fans more at the sheer idiocy of the stewards.

That was the most drunken Utd support I have ever seen and I think the stewards soon realised there was little they could do. As soon as one patch was told to sit down another patch would stand up and then someone would shout "stand up, if you hate dundee!" and then everyone would stand up. I think their thinking was kinda damage limitation and as at least people wernt being aggresive and fighting they just decided to leave us to it in the hope people wouldnt spite them and make an ever bigger problem.

Standing in terracing, IMO, creates no huge risk to safety provided theyaren't overcrowded, but standing in seated areas increases the risk significantly, especially when people start jumping around etc.

If the authorities aren't going to do something to prevent everyone from standing then they should go back to terracing for the sake of safety.  It also gives people a choice.

They do have the power to do something about it, they just don't have the balls to make the decisions and follow them through with action.  If we are to believe standing is the huge safety concern that has been hammered in to us over the years then they are negligent in not enforcing it properly.

Guest Arab4Ever

I think there was a proposal made a wee while ago to bring back small, safe standing areas, dunno where it went though. Standing areas wouldnt work everywhere I guess, the away stand at east end park for example is really steep and high and they would never allow standing there regardless of a loosening in the rules.

Has to be one or the other though. I would rather stand but unless the people in front of me are standing I wouldnt stand as it would restrict the view of whoever was behind me.

Guest kingkojak

i got ejected from tynie on sat by over officious (blatantly bored)police  for 'being under the influence'

seems they overheard me (jokingly) ask a steward if they had checked the home supports passports on the way in... :017:  having read the refugee comment on hear i probably got off lightly.

the ridiculous thing is that they refused to allow me to get my jacket and were more than happy to give me directions to the nearest hearts pub to wait for my mate.  they werent happy when i questioned how i could be too pissed to be in a footy ground but according to them  was sober enough to be sent to local hearts pub wearing a caley top!!