FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

2 hours ago, FrontRow said:

Wonder if a midfield of Keith Bray and Roddy might have created a few more attacking options but we’ll never find out. We will however help develop players for Luton and Everton who haven’t played any senior football before. 

Could be a cracking pair for league 1.

• Thoughtful 1

9 hours ago, IBM said:

Jeremiah Chilokoa-Mullen is out for the remainder of the season with a stress fracture in his back. 

What the **** do we do to them?   Would be interesting to see stats comparing injuries across clubs.  Full-time clubs - and also Championship clubs because they are who we compete against week in week out.

I took in the Forres v Huntly game tonight. It was great to see Jack Walker and Sam Nixon playing. Walker was inspirational at the back. Hopefully we had staff there watching these lads. Walker looks like a future captain. Hopefully big Dunc gives these lads from our own youth system a chance 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, BobbyDazzler said:

I took in the Forres v Huntly game tonight. It was great to see Jack Walker and Sam Nixon playing. Walker was inspirational at the back. Hopefully we had staff there watching these lads. Walker looks like a future captain. Hopefully big Dunc gives these lads from our own youth system a chance 

Fully agree - I'd like to see a lot more of our own home-grown players given a chance in the first team.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

3 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Obviously not rated by DF? 

They have all been out on loan since January and, in many cases, since before Ferguson arrived.

I’m all for them getting experience and game time if they would only be fringe players with us, but not when it leaves us short handed like we are at present.

Some of them could have been doing us a good turn just now, as I’ve said on the “Ferguson out” thread.

• Like 1
  • Well Said 1

16 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Obviously not rated by DF? 

....but he rates his loanees. 😇

I was questioned elsewhere on whether the club should scrap our academy programme in order to save money.

Given that we don't seem to want to give them proper opportunity for first team football, even ones who have shown they can contribute at that level, then not only are we letting these lads down, but there's little/no return for the investment, so maybe best all round to get rid.

Anyone know if there's any limit on the number of loan players you can have at a club?  If there's none, then we could end up with a full squad of them next season.

We’ve signed midfielder Samson Laval on loan. He’s a 5’8”, 19yo Nigerian who Livi signed in the summer but has only played 24 minutes for them.

37 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

We’ve signed midfielder Samson Laval on loan. He’s a 5’8”, 19yo Nigerian who Livi signed in the summer but has only played 24 minutes for them.

TBF I would say most of the loanees brought in under Fergie, have done pretty well  [apart from Sheridan]

Has Gilmour picked up the Welsh curse?

We probably need another RB as Kerr is the only guy in midfield with experience other than Doran who isn't really a 95min game after game chap

I still think we should recall Bray if we can, and Hyde come to think of it

Our injury list is almost Dodds-esque

At least we have a surplus of attackers at the moment [if they could learn to score!]

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Is there a reason for injuries occurring every feckin season??

Just wear and tear - it affects all clubs, just that we seem to make an issue of it!