FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dods v Caff

Mrs Pauliebee

Should Dods regain his place in the squad after his suspension?  

224 members have voted

1. 1.

• No
    • Yes

Havent seen any of the rangers game but by all reports it sounded like Caff had an outstanding game, i can see no further benefit of having Dods in the team, we have resurrected his career and had a very good defender thrown into the bargain therefore i feel neither party owes each other anything and the team should build for next season with the personell comitted to the future of ICT

I also voted no.

As Libero said - both parties have had a good deal. Dods got his career back on track and we got a good quality centre-half who was also a leader. Hopefully he will leave ICT with no-one thinking badly of him as he gave us as much as we gave him.

If Caff is in the plans for next season then there is no time like the present for him to be given a regular starting slot. If he plays well, like he did at the weekend, then we know we have options for next season, if he doesnt cut it then we know we need to look around. The same may also be true for the likes of Richie Hart who also had a good game. Some have suggested that he might be on his way out, but as with Caff, if he can prove he is not ready for the scrapyard yet then he also gives us options. The only place I would stick with it is up front. Dargo has to play whether he is staying or going. With Wyness still injured and McSwegan and McAllister not setting the heather on fire then it will be Dargs or possibly Bayne who score the goals that hopefully get us up as high as seventh and the extra money that brings.

With Dods suspended, the next game will be an ideal chance to see the partnership, however if they don't perform then Dods must come back in until we are definatly safe from relegation and only then should we be experimenting.

Guest MIDGE55

No, he was the reason for a number of lost goals at start of the season, and Caff should be given his chance. Why should Caff lose his place for a red yet not Dods  - who is leaving anyway? It was more of a loss losing Proctor than over-rated Dods.

:015: :015: :015:

Excellent, the silence is golden brigade are always good for a laugh, same record, new verse.

I would say no, but a huge thank you to Dods for what he has done for the club and a wee cameo half in the last game at TCS to say bye bye.

We all have different agandas.

This club resurrected Darrens career and darren has been excellent for the club. Both parties have benifited enormously from the relationship but now is the time to say no. We need to be playing the lads who will feature next season and build on what we'll have. Our defense was absolutely solid against Rangers and Caff and Granty made no small contribution to that so we need to keep them working together.

Good luck for the future though Dodsy. Except against us.

Guest Bonzo

I agree that Dods has been fantastic for ICT, just as ICT has been fantastic for Dods.

However, we are free from the threat of relegation and going nowhere in particular, so it makes good sense to use the remaining six games to allow Caff and Munro to show us just how well they can play together

(without losing sight of the fact that, whatever happens, we need to sign a new central defender in the summer!)

I think giving Dods one last game as a send off would be a good compromise.  Assuming he won't be suspended for all of them.

Should be back and agree totally, I would like to think that CC will give Dod's one game back so we get a chance to show some appreciation. 

on a seperate note, I would really, really like to see Tokely tested at Centre half.  The amount of headers he won in the six yard box on Saturday was incredible (made up for Caff's weakness in the air)

I think Caff could match more than most defenders on the deck and he reads the game extremely well but we someone that can win the challenges in the air and I don't see Caff doing that unfortunately... would like to see him given a chance to prove me wrong though

Caff at RB and Rossco in the middle has some merit and could be tested before the end of the season.  You also have the ability to swap them back into their "natural" positions if it looks like going plum shaped.

I suspect that I may be one of the very few that can say Feck Aff and Thanks and still remain respectful. Perhaps a cameo 15-20 minutes substitute appearance at Centre forward??

Dods should have been hooked before the Hun game anyway. With 11 men we may have snatched all three points.

and surprise, surprise I disagreed then :014:

This is for another topic but Caff only played a few games at right back and was excellent against Celtic and Hibs and off the pace in a couple, it's impossible to base an opinion on a handful of games.

My main point was Tokely as centre half because it would be a lot easier for CC to find a right back than it would be to get a commanding centre half.

he might not be as fast as dargo or morgan but he isnt the slowest in the squad.  caff, bayne, roscoe, duncan, rory, mcsweegie and macbain are all slower, ive seen dods outsprint mackie, novo and nakamura who are all supposed to be quick

he is a very powerful runner aswell, which is probably more important than pure speed for a center back