FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dods v Caff

Mrs Pauliebee

Should Dods regain his place in the squad after his suspension?  

224 members have voted

1. 1.

• No
    • Yes

he might not be as fast as dargo or morgan but he isnt the slowest in the squad.  caff, bayne, roscoe, duncan, rory, mcsweegie and macbain are all slower, ive seen dods outsprint mackie, novo and nakamura who are all supposed to be quick

he is a very powerful runner aswell, which is probably more important than pure speed for a center back

How could you possibly know that?

I would never have guessed you would disagree with me :014:

My fear is that Rosscoe can be slow on the turn or off the mark. When ya are steaming forward ya gather pace, strength and momentum. That is Rosscoe's absolute strength - nothing better than seeing the big man in full stride - he is more of an attack minded player. Defending wise his first time tackling and positional sense help him out and how many times have ya seen him appear to be struggling and get there (just) in the end. That is because he is really good at tracking back inside and taking in the angles - You just cannot afford to do that at centreback - the angles are limited.. Fast forwards are always on yer feet,  looking to turn ya and get in behind. And Granty would not be able to cover that - he is also a true centreback and not of the "sweeper" nature. Now Caff is a defence minded player. He is pacy and aware, of a "sweeper" nature and a foil fer Munro. If he could develop his distribution then he would be a much improved player.

My fear is that Rosscoe can be slow on the turn or off the mark. When ya are steaming forward ya gather pace, strength and momentum. That is Rosscoe's absolute strength - nothing better than seeing the big man in full stride - he is more of an attack minded player. Defending wise his first time tackling and positional sense help him out and how many times have ya seen him appear to be struggling and get there (just) in the end. That is because he is really good at tracking back inside and taking in the angles - You just cannot afford to do that at centreback - the angles are limited.. Fast forwards are always on yer feet,  looking to turn ya and get in behind. And Granty would not be able to cover that - he is also a true centreback and not of the "sweeper" nature. Now Caff is a defence minded player. He is pacy and aware, of a "sweeper" nature and a foil fer Munro. If he could develop his distribution then he would be a much improved player.

I can see what you are saying but have to disagree, Rossco has to defend against wingers arguebly the fastest and most skillful players on the park, he has to be quick on the turn or he would get ripped every game.  Dods has been caught out for pace on numerous times this season and one of the main reasons I suggested Rossco as a replacement is because he is so agile, not to mention how dominate a figure he would be in the heart of the defence.  Being a centre half is all about positioning yourself and reading the game so you aren't caught out of position and don't have to chase the game (this would be my only worry about Rossco as a centre half), every team I have ever played for the centre halves have been the slowest players in the squad.

:023: !!hsep gniklat era uoy yllacisab

Im gonna answer all the questions currently ongoing on this thread.

a) Who would i rather have in the team disregarding contract issues - Dods by a mile. Hes' made the centre half spot his own, is dominant in the air and scores extra goals to.

b) who should play between now and end of season - Caff. We'll never know if he is going to cut the mustard if he isnt played for an extended run and given that Dods is offski then he deserves a chance.

c) Rossco is a right back end of. I'd hate to see him wasted at CB and miss his excellent runs down the right flank.