FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pre Season Friendly v Inverurie Locos

RiG

A good one for me given the location  :003:

Not seen any official confirmation of this on the ICT site but the Inverurie programme said we have a friendly against the Locos on the 22nd of July - a Sunday.

Incidentally after drawing 1 - 1 with Cove today Inverurie lost out on the Highland League title to Keith I believe. Inverurie looked good in the 2nd half after a cagey opening but Cove were pacey and good with the ball. Both teams had good chances in the first half but it remained 0 - 0.

In the 2nd half Locos took the lead when the ball was quickly switched from right to left before a clever finish past the Keeper put them on the verge of the title. But Cove hit right back with a goal after Locos failed to clear their lines from a corner.

1400 there today and a good atmosphere. Got a few pictures as well but don't think I'll be rivalling caleyjags.com just yet!  :015:

Inverurie is a peculiar place.  After the semi-final replay in 2004 we stopped their for a pint and the pub had one-armed man playing darts.  You had to walk across the flight of the darts to go for a ****.

believe we are also playing County on the 28th July so i would assume the pre-season is shaping up as Italy - then some ties against the likes of Peterhead, Inverurie, County etc followed by a slow start to the season as we havent played any real teams !!!!!

I'll be there. Easy ground to get to and plenty of parking space nearby as well. For anyone getting the train it's about 5 - 10 minutes walk from the station.

Keith is pretty exactly half way between Aberdeen and Inverness - not too long on the train or by car so hopefully a few folk will make it through for that one to.

Any news on a game with Peterhead again (Buchan Cup)?

No offense to any of the teams that we are playing pre-season, but surely they aren't good enough?

Maybe in the past when we were 3rd division, even 2nd they would have done but now?  We should be looking at getting games against the likes of Championship or League One teams, and even trying to set up a wee money spinner in the name of a Premiership team, much like what Dundee Utd, Hearts and Falkirk have done with their European sides this year.

Locos are my local team as well. It's good to see a team playing in red and black stripes doing well in the Highland League once again !

More seriously, we will need to have at least two more challenging friendlies if we are to be anything like up to speed for the starty of hat could be a very competitive SPL aseason.