FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

HIGHLAND MARCH 5 (www.HighlandMarch.co.uk)

maimie

just to say good luck to all those taking part this year.

they left inverness about 7 this morning on the first part of the journey.

take care folks and keep in touch - hopefully CD will keep us up to date with progress....

:021: :021: :021:

(Cheeky Edit to add a couple of links - CaleyD)

Highland March Auction on Ebay - Clicky Clicky

Chance to Humiliate One of the Marchers - Clicky Clicky

Make a Donation - Clicky Clicky

Good shout Maimie, in different circumstances would loved to have taken part myself with me boy,

hope the weather is better for the guys and girls than it is down here in wind swept and very wet Bristol.

Good luck to u all  :022:

Thanks guys.  I shall certainly be doing my best to keep you all updated on progress.

Full details of the March and the Route can be found on www.HighlandMarch.co.uk but in Summary the guys this year will be walking Inverness to Paisley...but they've chosen to do it the hard way.  They will be heading out along the Great Glen Way to Fort William first of all.  They intend to be here by Monday Lunchtime but a couple of the crazier Marchers are aiming to be there Sunday Night so they can climb Nevis on the Monday Morning while the rest Catch Up!!!!!

From Fort William they will strike out along the West Highland Way and all being well will meet up with you all again at Love Street next Saturday for the last game of the season.

For those going to the Match today most of the Team will be in the Innes from about 1pm onwards to fleece you for your hard earned.

You'll notice links in the first post to other ways you can donate and help raise funds and for those who want to contribute towards the Humiliate a Marcher but can't or don't want to do it on-line I'll be happy to take your cash and ensure it's allocated against the correct person.

Now all I have to do is pack and load the bus and I'll be ready for the off as well!!!!

Good evening all just a quick update to let you know that the marchers have made it through the first couple of days safely.

Team Gringo completed 27 miles on Sat and 30 miles today taking them as far as Gairlovhy.

Team Yompa have suffered a little by walking non-stop from the game, through the night and on to this afternoon. Fatigue and blisters are taking there toll. Yompa made it as far as Fort William and the other two will play catch-up tomorrow.

Weather hasn't been too kind to either team but spirits remain high and morale is good.

Chilli was on the menu tonight so things should be easier with a rear wind tomorrow!!!

Time to hit the sack as we're all up at 6am in order for me to have them dropped off and on the go by 7.

As Monday draws to an end and I thank god that Scotsport decided to show us early for the first time I can remember this season I look back on what the Marchers achieved today.

Team Gringo started from Gairlochy and set out along the Caledonian Canal for Fort William where they stopped for lunch before setting out cross country on the West Highland Way for Kinlochleven.  Due to the route they were out of the reach of the bus all afternoon and mobile signal allowed for only a couple of chances to get a text through. 10 hours after leaving Gairlochy they arrived safe at the other end.

Gringo Jnr and Chumba started 4 miles back having fallen short yesterday - blisters and fatigue taking everything out of them.  But they woke up determined to make up the difference today. Team Gringo were 90 mins ahead at the start of the WHW and so I expected the guys abou 7.30 in Kinlochleven......I was amazed to get the call from them at 6.30 to say they were at the end!!!

Yompa, having made Fort Bill yesterday had an easier day ahead.  Setting off on the WHW about 7.30 he was to get the best of the weather for this difficult stretch. He arrived in Kinlochleven early afternoon abd was just in time to get the service bus back to the bunkhouse, saving me a bit of a journey.

No details, but watch for the full diaries next week to learn how Paulibee did the WHW in Stile and Mrs PB made an erse of the Decent.

Tomorrow they head off-road again as they strike out for Bridge of Orchy.

To be continued.....

Had a text this morning.  Team Gringo have ONLY 45 miles to go.  Mrs PB twisted her ankle on Monday, but she is determined to finish.  Having walked 27 and 30 miles a day earlier in the week, I'm sure a 45 mile stroll across the finish line will be a breeze.  :029: :029:

Spirits are high and the scenery has been amazing, so they are even enjoying themselves.  :015:  All for a good cause so feel free to make your donations via the highland march website.

Update time...

Tuesday saw the guys pick up the trail at Kinlochleven where they proceeded into the hills. I wasn't to see them again until they decended the 'Devil's Staircase' - decided to walk up a bit to get video of the decent when Chumba and Yompa appeared round the corner having run the whole way down!!!. They were soon to lose some time though (more detail to be revealed in full diaries).

Whilst waiting for the others a young couple passed on the way up. Thinking I must have just come down they asked "How did you find the Devil's Staircase", to which I responded "I just looked up and there it was". Think the humour was lost on them!!!

Anyway , on to the Kingshouse Hotel where lunch was had and the final leg of the day to Tyndrum was undertaken.

I had gone ahead to check in to the digs.  These were great apart from the lack of hot water for showers. We wonder if the owner being a Pars fan might have been the cause!!!

Everyone arrived safe and well once again.

Wednesday was to be the day when the guys were going it alone with me unable to get near them after the off.

This leg would take them from Tyndrum to Inversnaid, which is just a few miles along the East bank of Loch Lomond. Whilst these guys knocked out around 20 miles I had a 63 mile trip to get to the end to meet them. I have driven some bad roads, but these were straight from ****.

I'll fill you all in on the ferry story in the diaries.

Again everyone arrived safe if not knackered.

Accomodation tonight was a Bothy - they weren't joking when they said basic facilities - and it was most expensive of the week!!!

On to Thursday and the rest of the walk alongside Loch Lomond was the aim for today. Back on the bus for another trip along **** valley to drop off the team.

14 miles was the first stage for them...it was another big un for me at over 40 on notoriously crap roads.

Balmaha was the meet for lunch before the troops had to set off again for Jamestown at the south end of Loch Lomond.

This isalso the end of the scenic views with nothing but traffic to keep them traffic between here and love street.

Loch Lomond Hostel is home for the night and I lie writing this on a 3" keyboard with snoring, burping and farting bodies all around......The Dawn Chorus will more than likely wake the whole place if this continues.

just saw off the highland marchers off after their stay in guest house paradiso, was a surprise to see ict shirts sitting around having breakfast so i knew who they were straight away!

they looked in no bad shape, farting and snoring obviously isnt having too much of an effect so far, was up and about most of the night and didnt see any of them.

wished the team well and will say hello again tomorrow, weathers awful so everybody going to love street give them a clap  :022:

the last part of their trek's a sinch, so if they decide to walk back then ill make sure theres plenty of room in my castle.

youth2.gif

well done all

Thanks Alex.  The Auction is going well and we will have a few more items to add which arrived whilst we were on the road.

Everyone is home safe and well.  It was a great week all in all and their will be plenty of stories to be shared once the troops have had a chance for a bit of RnR.  After our night out in the Castle Tavern last night I suspect sore ribs will be up there with sore feet...lol......"Do you know a song about Fash".

Thanks to everyone who's donated in one way or another and the donation links are still live on the site for those who are still to give.  If Donating via the site isn't possible then holler and we'll arrange to get your donation off you somehow.

Just over 13.5 hours to go on the auction items.

Lots of Interest in Ian Blacks Boots and the price is a steal at only £38 (at present).  Ian Black will be a legend one day, hopefully for ICT, so here's your chance to grab a bit of tomorrow's history today.

Shirts signed by the squad are given out fairly frequently which is why I think people seem to be interested in The Shirt Signed by Christie and Park as it's more unusual.

Thought we might have seen some more interest on the Chivas Regal Revolve - I'm no expert but I believe the bulk of this stuff is exported to Asia and is quite hard to get your hands on over here.  It is currently sitting at only £25......that's HALF the price it sells for on-line.

And for all you old romantics out there who want to get your other half a nice present....what about the ICT Coloured SoccerTed - These things retail at £35 and this one is only sitting at £15.  The guy who makes them and who donated it told us it is the ONLY one he has made in that colour configuration to date.  I'm sure many people will be searching out one for themselves once they see this one going around so get in there first and start the trend.

If anyone out there has their own business and whats a great bargain on some advertising on CaleyThistleOnline.com we donated £500 worth of advertising space.  We will be doing a bit of s site revamp over the summer so you'll be able to choose where you want the advert to appear and in what format.  No bids on that yet so you could steal it for just £100!!!  If this doesn't sell in the time left on the auction we will keep the offer open for a little bit afterwards (Just contact myself or Scotty).  This gives you all time to have a think and maybe highlight it to others you feel may be interested.  This is a one off offer.

Plenty of other smaller items on there to suit smaller pockets - Clicky Clicky - and for any winning bidders who are a forum regular and live in Inverness I will arrange for free delivery.

We do have a couple of other items which we weren't allowed to list on Ebay.  Namely a Baxter's Hamper and a Walkers Shortbread Hamper (they are strict about what food items can be sold and who can sell them.  The Baxter's Hamper will come direct from them and the Walkers one we have already.

I guess the easiest thing to do is to open the items up for auction on the forum here.

I'll start the bidding at £5 on each of them....the rest of you can take it from there....Bidding will finish on the final Whistle of the Cup Final this weekend coming.

That must be the auction almost over now

Personally I would like to thank everyone who has donated to the Highland March this year. I©T and Team ICT are worthy charities, and all monies raised will help kids both locally and internationally.

well done to all those involved in the event - it was yet again a great pleasure to walk with you all, and I look forward to next year already (even if my aches and pains dont clear by then, lol)

Thank you guys.  Seems I have acquired Ian Black's boots, well at least my son has. (even with his own money)  Got another few bits and bobs to get too.  When are you about CaleyD. I'm happy to collect. Cheers

LG - they are at the Beehive - will I bring them on Thursday night?

Fantastic bargain - one careful owner!  :015:

Yes please. Not quite sure what we are going to do with them, I didn't realise he had put another bid on, but it's his own money.  I've got a few other things to get too, so I sent a message via ebay, I'm guessing CaleyD gets that.

See you tomorrow

LG, I will be at the meeting tomorrow night so can bring everything except the towel which is with Gringo in Coventry.

I'll be e.mailing all the other winning bidders tomorrow to ascertain who's local and wants hand delivered and who I need to post to further afield.  From the usernames of the winners it looks like most are from here.....so a big thanks to everyone.

We've all been taking this week to chill after the March and haven't done the sums yet, but we'll let you know the Total raised by this years Highland March in due course.  It's still not too late to make a donation, either contact myself or one of the other marchers to hand over your cash in person or you can donate using Credit/Debit Card or Paypal via the site www.highlandmarch.co.uk