FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who should replace Brewster?

stomach

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manager - Steve Paterson (Level headed, tactical genius, prudent, great eye for players, team builder, his own man)

Assistant - Craig Brewster (playing the 'bad cop', fitness freak, disciplinarian, a perfect foil for Pele)

DOF - Charlie Christie (sober, eloquent, professional, business savy)

I'd love to see this set up. The only problem would be convincing Brewster to become number 2 although I think if things continue as they are he will accept that he needs some help and be happy to stay in a new role.

Seems to me the future of the Brewster/Thompson/Savage axis is inextricably linked ( dont know about Grassa ). Nothing will happen this year, no matter what results the team produce,

mainly because of the non-relegation situation but also because of the huge egos involved. I'm

sure Brewster has already persuaded Savage to ride out this season and await the new team

moulded in his own image for 2008/09. Consequently it will be the first  10 games of next season that decide the fate of the management and board. So I guess we might as well keep our powder dry until then and carry on backing the lads as best we can, they may be awful at present but I still believe they care.

Maybe we need a Derek.....

Adams or MacInnes...  :symbol_question:

Was just thinking that too Johnboy - Derek Adams that is. Why break from our tradition of plundering the best County have to offer? Certainly worth considering, in my humble opinion.

Well, Pele's ideas for fitness coaching may not exactly accord with the Brewster regime's gym, kick boxing and pasta.

:tic01:

Pele's fitness regime is the 3 B's - Bar, Bookies and Benson & Hedges  :tic01:

If the club is forced to part company with Brewster (and incidently the club has sacked a manager in its history ie Baltacha who was shown the door but it was dressed up as a mutual parting of the ways) then I hope it does not go down the road of appointing an ex ICT manager or an inexperienced one.  At this stage the only name that appeals to me is Jim Duffy.  Of the other names mentioned I do not rate Williamson or Collins.

As for Brewster, if he survives this difficult spell then performances on the park must drastically improve and he must win back respect in the dressing room.

No chance of Collins even considering it I'd say. Think he's learned he doesn't like the bargain basement. Don't think Lambert would come either.

Why such a downer from everyone on Williamson?  He did really well at Killie and was decent at Hibs (who couldn't get over that he played for Rangers - so what?!).  Ok, he wasn't so great in England but would you turn down Smith, Levein or Jefferies for the same reason? (actually I know some of you would so let's leave it as rhetorical).

Assuming no chance of Paterson returning (which I'd like to see given a chance), Butcher is probably my no.1 at the moment (though it's not set in stone). 

I feel a bit sorry for Marius Niculae. From all accounts he has really been trying of late and  he seems to be playing with poor partners or tactics and  maybe he should be playing with a better quality team. But who would be interested in him in the SPL?Any dreams that the ICT Board may have of getting a half million pounds for Marius must be fading fast.

Robbo--cannot go back, bad move. The only significant track record that he seems to have is at ICT. His confidence must also be low.

Other than that Brewster will not be fired--he may resign with a hefty wallet in his jeans but the Board will not admit they may have made a mistake. Another Pimple Prognostication and I feel that IHE is about to speak. :016:  ......?

Can we please stop calling for Steve Paterson, John Robertson to return as manager? Surely, Caley are right in the middle of proving that returning to a former club doesn't, and will never, work? Kevin Keegan at Newcastle anyone? And if Bobby Williamson or Terry Butcher pitch up at our club with good old route one football, the clamour to get rid of them will start even quicker than with Brewster. Both have failed in every post they have held bar Williamson at Kilmarnock (10+ years ago) and Butcher at Motherwell (even Brew couldn't have messed up from that starting position and with such good, young talent). Just take a look at Chester and Brentford's results in League Two this season to confirm my worst fears.

Unfortunately, I cannot suggest a suitable candidate as Brewster's replacement - Neale Cooper would be a possibility, but there's always the "County link" problem. Ho hum.

Bobby Williamson - failed in every post they have held bar Williamson at Kilmarnock (10+ years ago)

I know Hibs were unhappy with him but I thought he did pretty well.  They just couldn't seem to get over him playing for Rangers.

and Butcher at Motherwell

Butcher kept Coventry in the Premiership whilst making a profit for the club (no easy feat).  Take a look at how many managers Brentford have gone through in the past few seasons.  They remind me of Peterhead - they want success but just don't have the means to get it, so they blame their managers.  Sydney of course was a complete farce, where he was close to the sack virtually the minute he set foot in the door.  For me, Sunderland has been Butcher's only real letdown.

I'd still prefer Pressley with a good assistant.

I feel a bit sorry for Marius Niculae. From all accounts he has really been trying of late and  he seems to be playing with poor partners or tactics and  maybe he should be playing with a better quality team.

You could play Torres with the service Niculae gets as a lone striker and see nowt. He ends up dropping deep to collect or defend when an increasingly negative (and under-staffed) midfield sits behind the halfway line.

Jim Duffy would be ok, but I think we're looking more at the Jim Harvey level in terms of wages. Besides, Sir Alex had a heart attack and never looked back.

Probably, though, nobody will replace Brewster. Who's likely to take the job?