FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Andy Barrowman

MissICT

Why all the fuss over a 2nd div player when we still have not replaced Dods spot?

Brewster is really not on the right page.

Wasn't Dods replaced by McGuire :017:  :017:  :017:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't understand all this negativity regarding our signing plans!!

We are not told what irons are in the fire and indeed in the Barrowman affair we have a lot of one sided info.

CB is away studying and therefore, I would suggest, Borrowman can say what he likes without reply and knows it!

This is not a reason for all this ''hope we get relegated'' crap!!

OUR team will still be feared by all the other teams in the SPL - no small feat for a 'diddy' team.

Last season we had a bad run of results, calling for CB's head along the way, and then a run of better results at the tail end of the season - a bonus for Brew and Marius - and at one point we were looking good for the top six, above Aberdeen( who ended up coming 4th!)  Now we are even candidates for the chop before we kick a ball, according to our own support!

The OF we may never be - but we will compete with the best of the rest. We have the history to prove it!!  ( Aberdeen don't count - roll on the first game of next season!!)

I realise that I am not a manager of a football team but, looking at stats, I would suggest that the Borrowman affair is less important than signing a **** good stopper!!

i agree that there is too much emphasis on Barrowman, however; and this is my opinion;  it appears obvious that he's looking for something bigger as he would have signed a pre-contract before the end of the season.

He isnt doing his popularity with the ICt fans any favours by delaying..

Our Marius had better offers but he was a done deal very quickly

I don't understand all this negativity regarding our signing plans!!

I think it is mainly to do with the fact that other than Barrowman we dont seem to have any !

If - on the other hand - Brewster, Malky and Grassa are going about their business quietly and end up surprising us all in July then there may be a lot of humble pie to be consumed by many on here. However history tells us that this is not how ICT usually conduct business.

I do however think absent friend may have a point in mentioning that CB is away right now. It has been reported that he is at the Euros for a week doing his pro license and Grassa was there last week so the quietness may have something to do with that also !

[rant alert]

However .... at the end of the day we need a few new faces ... and should not be fixated on one player who has yet to prove himself at SPL level. I have never seen Barrowman play but 29 goals in division 2 whilst impressive does not mean he will be a success in Division 1 let alone the SPL. He seems to be jerking us around and basically saying he will sign for us if nothing better comes along. If that is his attitude then he can feck right off. We want ICT players here, ones who will wear the team colours with pride, not players who are only with us because they couldnt get anything better. If Marius Niculae - a good player who is trying to rebuild his international career - can talk fondly about ICT whilst performing on the European/World stage then we should be giving short shrift to some little upstart plying his trade in Dingwall who seems to think he is the next Ronaldo !

[/rant alert]

Anyhow, enough of the rant .... went off on a bit of a tangent there !! lets review the squad .....

We need a keeper - Michael has no competition right now. We have signed someone to be #3 keeper but no #2 yet.

We need one or more defenders. We have never adequately replaced Dods and all our other defenders "have their moments". Can Kerr/Duff/McDonald step up ... or will they still be there come the start of the season?

I think we are ok in midfield - Royster, Duncan, Black, Cowie, Imrie, Wilson, Sutherland, Paatelainen is a decent crop and there are also Gillespie, Vigurs and Rennie who may be able to develop further.

Up front is another dodgy place. Right now we have Marius and ??? - McAllister? Wood? Bayne? McDonald? We may cash in on Marius, McDonald has left or will leave depending on which story is right, Bayne allegedly wants to go south with the Pars and St Johnstone looking at him, which would leave McAllister and Wood .... no disrespect guys but not exactly the strike force that would strike fear into the hearts of lower division sides let alone SPL ones !!!

I don't often go with the 'they should want to play for us' as few footballers would choose Inverness over the Central Belt (for some reason).  But, Barrowman has it seems had his offer and decided that, for some reason, a step up from Division 2 to the SPL needs thinking about.  Time to move on. He's already a risk and we need to start looking a bit deeper elsewhere.

I don't think we are ok in midfield myself.  We could really have done with Skelton for that defensive midfield role.  I'm still not sure about Imrie - he could turn out to be consistently good but too early to tell.  And that central person of the attacking midfield three (if we play the usual 4-2-3-1).  Paaty isn't up to that yet (though I think he will be a good player in the end).  Maybe Sutherland (or Niculae but that obviously leads to other problems) but we could do with someone in there.

Think we are more or less on the same page starchief .... agree about Skelton. Imrie is raw but has potential, Paatelainen I am not so sure about. Have high hopes for Zander (under the tutelage of Barry perhaps) and the McBain, Black, Duncan, Cowie combo is pretty much what we had last year. If we do need to tinker with midfield it will not be as big a job as defence or up front.

I think the Barrowman thread is getting tiresome. ICT is Barrowmans plan B,

He is forgetting that he will soon be ICT's back up plan,

The man has so much skill !! (as proven in div 2 against part time opposition) that his big head is holding out for a club featuring in the champions league next season!!

Barrowman, be a realist and not a fantasist you should be flattered being chased by an SPL club, but the ego is getting in the way.

It wouldn't be a transfer window without an ICT signing saga and it looks like this one is going to drag on some more.

Link.......

Brewster won't give up bid for Barrowman

It might be an idea in the future not to bother to set deadlines as quite it makes us frankly look stupid when the player ignores them and yet we are still desperate to sign him :029:

Worrying mentions as to a possible interest in Callum Elliot in the article  :017:

Wonder if Rory would be more suited to a central midfield role. He's big enough and ugly enough.

Rory turns like a double decker bus, and takes off like one..... nah Alex, lay off the guiness

It wouldn't be a transfer window without an ICT signing saga and it looks like this one is going to drag on some more.

Link.......

Brewster won't give up bid for Barrowman

It might be an idea in the future not to bother to set deadlines as quite it makes us frankly look stupid when the player ignores them and yet we are still desperate to sign him :029:

Worrying mentions as to a possible interest in Callum Elliot in the article  :017:

:029:

At least he's consistent.  Consistently letting his Ego dictate what happens.  F*cking let Barrowman go, ignore Elliot and focus on real players.  I fear the worst for next season.  :007:

Well...arent we the biggest looking twats on the block. Brewster is now saying he is prepared to wait on his top target to decide what he wants to do. So we have played right into barrowboys hands. No other club would be played like this and all those at ICT should be ashamed of themselves.PATHETIC!! :020: :020:

Well...arent we the biggest looking twats on the block. Brewster is now saying he is prepared to wait on his top target to decide what he wants to do. So we have played right into barrowboys hands. No other club would be played like this and all those at ICT should be ashamed of themselves.PATHETIC!! :020: :020:

Totally agree

i think the time has come for barrowman to either sh1t or get off the pot, either sign or say he isnt going to,wasting to much time on one signing could be the undoing of us. Not only is it taking time we we could be going after other players, it is alienating barrowman with the fans before he has even signed

Good news everyone - fresh talks planned for next week!

One wonders what there is left to talk about?  :024:

anyone think that these talks will be to work out when a decision will me made?  :tic01:

Good news everyone - fresh talks planned for next week!

One wonders what there is left to talk about?  :024:

Barrowman must be pissing himself at ICT. How many deadlines have we set him now that he has refused to comply with?