FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Manager under scrutiny

absent friend

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the point of this thread.  The heading says the manager is under scrutiny.  From who?  A bunch of guys on a football forum who always think they know better?  This is just another opportunity for the anti-Brew brigade to stick the knife in further. 

Well said, what many of the regulars on this forum have to realise is that they are a very small group of people whose views to not represent the views of the ICT Support in general. Very far from it in my opinion.

Brewster is doing a good job, he has made some good signings with room for more before the season begins - particularly with the money raised through the sale of Niculae.

He deserves our full support for the first full season of his second spell in charge.

He deserves the recognition that it is not an easy job sourcing and attracting quality players to Inverness, given our geography and financial limitations.

This should be a supporters forum and would maybe attract a wider membership if it was - it has become a forum on which a small bunch of individuals who believe they have the managerial ability of Alex ferguson constantly deride the club.

Let's give Brewster and the club the support they deserve.

Perhaps it is an element of the "support" who should be put under scrutiny.

Since 2003 87.6% of the posts on this website have followed a fairly predictable format:

Phase 1: One of the usual suspects starts a pointless thread along the lines of "Who should we sack first? Brewster or Niculae?" (If they can work out how to do a poll we get that as an added treat.)

Phase 2: The linguistically-challenged see an opportunity to add to their post count with a one word reply and...well...don't disappoint. Note: statistically 75% are guaranteed to spell that one word wrong.

Phase 3: One of the 'holier than thou' pitch in with a variation on "Well, these guys have families...this is all a bit unseemly."

Phase 4: follows on fairly swiftly with a mix of mods and 'the serious' defending folks' right to free speech (Caley D normally uses this moment to warn that there is a drawn line at which warnings will be handed out.)

Phase 5: Some serious-minded punter suggests 'we get back to the topic' (and the rest of us sigh with relief!)

Phase 6: Party Time! This is the moment the nutcases decide to get busy because we all know the thread is doomed to get locked pretty soon.

Phase 7: is the earnest Mod v Habitual Offender 'conversation'...(there must be a way of doing these exchanges without scaring the horses!) 

Phase 8: sensible people avoid the thread, others go to the pub...meantime a half-dozen try to type 'useless' and 'season ticket' without the benefit of opposable thumbs.

Which phase do you pack in your reading? 

I normally give up reading about Phase 9 when the Sociology Experts start getting involved and throwing about nonsense statistics....now be careful you don't cross the line or you'll end up on a warning :blah01:

Guest WynessLegend

We would love to be supportive of the club at every turn but the simple truth is that most newsworthy things actually coming out of the stadium are negative.

Maybe in the Toronto Post Scotty, certainly not over here.

I must admit I'm totally baffled as to how you arrive at that.

Also, on the subject of attracting more members to the forum.

The 10% you mention are largely the same people signing in several times a day.

I agree that a mixture of views is healthy ........... and so hope you will now stop calling anyone

who posts positively a "happy clapper".

I believe it is this sort of hostile attitude which repels many people from the site you created - and hope you can understand this.

Maybe in the Toronto Post Scotty, certainly not over here.

I must admit I'm totally baffled as to how you arrive at that.

Also, on the subject of attracting more members to the forum.

The 10% you mention are largely the same people signing in several times a day.

I agree that a mixture of views is healthy ........... and so hope you will now stop calling anyone

who posts positively a "happy clapper".

I believe it is this sort of hostile attitude which repels many people from the site you created - and hope you can understand this.

We will have to agree to disagree then WL. I may be 3000+ miles away but in terms of information I manage to acquire I may as well be in Inverness. I will grant you however that some of it may be skewed from one side or another and I have to filter it and decide if I use it (sometimes I filter it succesfully, sometimes not).  PS - Its the Toronto Star btw  :004:

As for the 10% ... nope, if you re-read my post, you will see the term "unique logged in users" in there. 1 person visiting 10 times a day is 1 unique logged in user.

Hostile ?  I don't think so. Those who criticise get called far worse than that and frequently have their support for the team questioned. I could write a list that would be longer than my longest rant of all the ways I have, or have tried to support this club since 1994, some documented, some not. I continue to support the club over here and proudly enthuse about it to anyone who will listen .... (despite my concerns when talking with other ICT fans). I have a nice little video that I will post later, it may lighten the tone and give everyone a laugh !!!! PS - I will stop using the term happy clapper (and please note, I did not direct that term at you or anyone else in particular or mean to generalise it to include everyone who posted positively) when others stop questioning the credentials or loyalty of specific supporters who choose to ask questions or who have the audacity to complain when things are not quite right !

This thread is now one of the funnier theads on the site.  Great post Wanderer, it made me chuckle out loudly :003:

I am officially a happy clapper, I think :015: :clapping03: is it ok to use that term?

What the **** was this thread about anyway.................oh yes Brewster Bashing tactics.  Lets all just hope he gets it right on the day and his own players are up to speed.

I have a nice little video that I will post later, it may lighten the tone and give everyone a laugh !!!!

Direct from the Dufferin Gate pub, Toronto. Here is big Stew and the TFC choir (or what was left of it at that point) belting out "Inverness is Wonderful"

MP4 (16.5Mb) - http://tfcpics.com/gallery/misc/OHInverness-ipod.mp4

AVI (31Mb) - http://tfcpics.com/gallery/misc/OHInverness-avi.AVI