FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ROK Group

BornCaley

I know there is a George Fraser topic on here, but i wanted to ask about the ROK group.

Do they have an invested interest in ICT and if so what kind of interests do they have. I see from the link below that CB has been involved in ROK PR, and someone called Kenny Cameron who apparently is ICT's communities trust chairman is also a ROK employee and a former director of ICT

So my point is if ROK have an vested interest in the club, then there shouldnt really be the current "wages" stumbling block that is preventing us from making quality signings, and they have been very quiet since George Fraser took over almost 3 months to the day

http://www.rokgroup.com/myarea/news.jsp?ne...onian%20Thistle

any comments?

As far as I know ROK dont have any investment in ICT other than the ROK (or former ROK) personnel who happen to be at the club in the same way that Tulloch and Orion people are/were at the club or Weldex or HOE before that. I believe Kenny Cameron is no longer with ROK.

Tulloch invested in the club through David Sutherland and between him/them own a large block of shares.

Orion invested in the club (Niculae) by buying a sizeable amount of previously issued but available shares to offset MN's wages.

None of these companies are involved financially in the day to day running of the club although they may have put in undisclosed sums in times of need. I do know that Tullochs (or David Sutherland to be precise) routinely helped out with some office costs during his tenure as Chairman and we all know that Tullochs received the stadium name rights as part of the deal when they completed the SPL stadium upgrade but none of these individuals or companies are obligated to fix the "wages stumbling block" as you put it.

On a side note .... Kenny Cameron - mentioned above - is one person I would like to see back in the fold as an ICT director if he had the time and inclination. He, and Ken Thomson before him were probably the two directors who were aware of how much positivity actually came from having a dialogue with fans and keeping them informed.

Im pretty sure that Kenny is no longer at ROK

Kenny is now back working with Tullochs.  He did a lot of good work as an ICT Director and it would be good to have him back on the Board in the future.

I agree that Kenny is a good guy and would be a welcome addition if he decided to return to the board, but as far as I am fairly sure he has not returned to Tullochs and is in fact enjoying some time out on holiday with his family.

I agree that Kenny is a good guy and would be a welcome addition if he decided to return to the board
... wonder if anyone might suggest that to him. He was good in liaising with the fans and right now I think that is something ICT are in dire need of.

I am fairly sure he has not returned to Tullochs and is in fact enjoying some time out on holiday with his family.
... heard he was starting out on his own in some consultancy capacity. Good luck to him whatever route he decides to take.