FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher and Mowbray

It will be a shame to see these two leave the Scottish game.

Butcher when he first started I thought would last a few months with the dire financial predicament Motherwell were in but the big man fairly proved me wrong! Not only that but he has given us much praise over the years and conducted himself with dignity and earned respect from all in the game (including opposition fans). He has also nurtured some great young talent into the game and done very well at 'well, guiding them through a very difficult time. I'll be sorry to see him leave the Scottish game, all the best to him.

Mowbray at Hibs too has done a great job building a young team that play with style and little fear and also comes across as a gentleman. Again I'll be sorry if he does go down south.

I wish them both all the best and thank them for the positive contribution they've made to our game.

If indeed they both leave their respective clubs it is a shame. Both Butcher and Mowbray have been a breath of fresh air because of their ability to talk out of their mouths instead of their erses like some of the other managers around .... I have respect for them both.

OK, now the niceties are over .... It's time for IHE to trot out the contenders .... Hendry, Gough, Lambert, O'Neil, Burley ..