FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V St Mirren : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite happy with the retained line-up. Imrie and Barrowman might feel frustrated as they both had an impact when they came on a fortnight ago, but it was the best performance I've seen in a while and none of those players deserved to drop out. Shows courage on Brewster's part to stick with the younger players despite more experienced players being available, and also confirms that we have genuine competition for places now. Hopefully that's enough to motivate us to our first home win of the season.

Quite happy with the retained line-up.

Me too. They did well in the last game so that sends a message that performances count over reputations.

Latest Scores

Aberdeen 1-0 Hamilton

Falkirk 1-0 Hearts

Rangers 0-1 Kilmarnock

:rotflmao: Couple of landmarks - Rooney's first, and the 6,000th Premier League goal.

Very relieved though - this was sounding so uncannily like the Hamilton game that I fully expected us to concede just on half time. Also, every other scoreline is edging me closer to the foot of the prediction league, so we'd better hang on to this one!

1620: Goal. Inverness 1-1 St Mirren: Billy Mehmet capitalises on a Phil McGuire mistake to draw his side level.

Time for a Duff/Munro partnership?

Ah. Wondered which of them was at fault. Don't wish Mcguire any ill-will and think he had a good game last week, but I'd rather see him make a mstake if one of them has to. We know McGuire's a bit error prone, whereas Duff has been so good since his mistake against Hamilton that it would be really dispiriting if he made another high-profile error.

Imrie on now, with Barrowman and Wilson to follow - the subs that made the difference last time out. Come on.

Back to the drawing board? Sounded like we were OK in parts but it didn't sound like we ever dominated the way we did for long spells at Falkirk. Guess we'll find out what those at the game thought in a couple of hours, although as usual I doubt there will be any consensus.

Will be there next week though - Tynecastle's always a good day out and I'm hoping I can counterbalance last season's five away defeats on the bounce with five away wins this season.

Just got a text from someone who was at the game. He says we should have comfortably won but their keeper made a couple of cracking saves and Rooney smacked the bar. Some defensive indecisiveness from McGuire killed us. Really disappointing as thats Hamilton and St.Mirren who haven beaten us at the TCS. If we want to progress we have to start killing off teams at home.

Just back from an utterly disheartening experience. I challenge anybody to find something positive from that performance. In the first half we were the better of two pretty awful teams, and when St. Mirren got their act together in the second half we were exposed for what we were - disorganized, leaderless and inept. The irony is that we still had chances - Rooney denied by the bar, some great stops by their keeper - and I think that shows that losing a game like that to a team like that is a disaster.

Let's go through it, player by player:

Fraser - Awful distribution, poor decision making, should have come out quicker for the first goal. The defence have no confidence in him at all right now.

Tokely - Atrocious passing, not a single half decent cross all day, and made to look like a mug in the build up for the second goal.

Duff - No disasters, but never looked comfortable against the physical St. Mirren forwards. Panicky clearances were the order of the day.

McGuire - What does he have to do to get dropped? Played for an idiot by Hamilton time and again, always second to the high ball and constantly beaten by the flick on or gave away stupid free kicks. His failure in the air was key to the first goal.

Hastings - Not the worst game ever, but lets too many crosses get in. Distribution the same as usual.

Cowie - Never got in the game, but puts in so much running that you get the feeling that it's the team's fault rather than his.

McBain - The invisible man. Didn't protect the defence well, didn't get forward at all. Mind you, we looked even more vulnerable after he was subbed.

Black - Well below his best, but still the class act for us. Covered every blade of grass and kept trying to keep the ball on the deck, but too often let down by those around him.

Vigurs - A few good touches, but didn't protect his full back well and never offered much of a threat.

Rooney - Well taken penalty, denied a second by the bar, looked sharp and reasonably threatening. The decision to take him off was a bit of a puzzle.

Wood - worked hard without much to show for it, denied by a great save second half. Looked like he could be a player for us, but too often made the wrong decision when he had the ball. Should have been hooked instead of Rooney.

Subs: Barrowman looked a bit dangerous, but neither Imrie or Wilson got into it.

A pretty poor performance against a pretty poor team. If we can find a way to drop Fraser, Tokely, McGuire, McBain, Wood and possibly Vigurs next week, I really really would. Certainly the former three have not impressed anyone this season.

Not good, Brew. Not good at all.

:thumb04: This is when I'm glad I'm an away games supporter.

Count yourself lucky you only go to the away games - it's murder being a home fan just now!! I'm wishing I had spent my money on a new TV rather than a season ticket :rotflmao:

Need to see the St Mirren equaliser again as I'm not quite sure what happened. The ball just seem to sail straight down the middle a despite a last ditch attempt by Hastings, Mehmet finished it well!

Tokely had a mare today and was at fault for there winner. He feebly tried to tackle there winger who just strolled past him and after a bit of ping pong in the box the ball was stroked home and game over.

Going to open a nice bottle of red tonight and get quietly sloshed. Early days yet but losing at home to St Mirren & Hamilton doesn't inspire confidence. Let's hope you away fans keep on witnessing us play well

We will win the next home game !!!

Last season, when I turned up in April, ICT hadn't won at home since beating Gretna just after the new year and performances had been atrocious. I managed to get to one game all season ... against Kilmarnock and saw ICT clinically finish them off with Marius getting a great goal and Dougie Imrie scoring his first for the club in a 3-0 romp.

Ironically enough, the next home game is against .... Kilmarnock !!! I will be there again so here's hoping I bring the same sort of luck as I did that day. ICT to win 3-0 with Wood, Barrowman and Rooney on the scoresheet through the game :rotflmao:

Anyhoo ... off to Toronto FC V Columbus now to see if I can bring them any luck as they too have been atrocious for a couple of months ... both home and away !!!

Yep, another pish home performance.

To be honest we were well on top in the first half, without ever really creating any clear cut chances. Then we got the penalty and I thought we'd go on and win it from there.

If Rooneys shot had gone in rather than hit the bar I think we'd have coasted home, but......

ANOTHER defensive **** up let them back in, and from then, we just seemed to crumble.

I couldn't understand why Rooney was replaced, and not Wood. Rooney looked far the more likely to get another goal. Blackie was again immense in midfield, but the rest of them just weren't at the races. What's happened to Cowie this season? I thought he was mince today, and that's not the first time he's been like that this season.

Other than Black, and Rooney, nobody merited a MOTM nomination (how Wood got it I've no idea!)

About time we shook up the defence too. Get Tokely and McGuire out, and get Munro and Proctor (when fit) in as soon as possible.

very very not good at all. First half was dire, but you felt that something would have to go far wrong for us to lose.

Tokely wandered about like a fart in a trance all day, let the winger walk round him for the second goal, but there was still time to clear it. Ball watching, again. Fraser did not commit for the first goal and must surely look at being rested. Whilst the rest of the team did not shine, it was the defence that cost the match. They seemed to play very flat and looking for the offside rather than dealing with the ball. A return from Munro, Proctor and Duncan would increase our options.

The game never really took of until Imrie and Wilson came on. Wood seemed to pick up and there was some much better stuff going on. Certainly their keeper was busier.

Due to sheer mathematical uncertainty and the flight of the Higgs Boson we are still in the top half, but will have to win home games to stay there.